Team Fortress 2 vs 1 month of WoW

SmokyPreacher

CAGiversary!
Yeah so I'm a very cheap(broke) ass gamer and was wondering which one I should go for. I have WoW but my highest is like 30 something and wouldn't mind grinding a little bit to fill up some time and get a toon closer to 70 for when the release of the other expansion. On the other hand I played TF2 back when they had that free weekend and loved it. Now I have the chance to get one or the other but can't decide.

Errr... a game you can play for as many months as you want vs. a level-grind that you can only play for a month? Get Team Fortress.

This is true, and in the past every time I have played, or tried to, WoW it only last a month maybe 2. So it makes sense to go with TF2 but honestly the game was a lot of fun I do not know if it's worth $20 to me anyways. I think I will play it a for like a week and get bored of it. Even when I played it for that weekend it became pretty boring and very repetitive, but so did WoW. HHHrrrm maybe I should jus save up for a new 360 game(if I ever get my new damn controller damn you shitty ebay sellers!!!)

If you like wow and will keep playing it, go with that. TF2 is awesome, though I dont find myself playing it much.

Well, I decided to try WoW again....but when I was trying to install I would always get an error half way through so on the 3rd time gave up and I do not feel like downloading the 5GB+and patches from there wonderful website. So I'm jus gonna buy TF2. I know pretty uneventful.

Already have HL2 and Episode 1 beat both and frankly don't feel the need to get Ep 2, already beat Portal, and don't have any interest in the other game. Think I'll jus save up for a new 360 game.

Mmmmk, well I know everyone was holding their breath.....but I ended up purchasing TF2 off steam, I'm pretty happy I have to admit it is a lot of fun, hopefully I will get better at it because I always seem to get a kill or two then get owned by someone. I liked how they did all the classes, I wish there was something a little slower than a scout but a little tougher, right now I mostly play between Demo, Scout, and dabble in Spy.

I played WoW for a couple years and really liked it, but you can only get so far and do so much. TF2 on the other hand is my favorite multi-player game ever. It is so good you won't be disappointed, plus you'll own it FOREVER.

[quote name='SmokyPreacher'] I wish there was something a little slower than a scout but a little tougher[/quote]

Pyro.

Nice thing about TF2 is that Valve is still developing and updating it quite a bit. Not many FPS games without a monthly fee get as much love.

The "social gaming" of WoW has killed a lot of FPS communities. Come back to the good side.

Sorry for this post, I just hate every single aspect of MMOs.

bread's done
Back