Teeth Whiteners

Trancendental

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I used the whitening toothpaste -- that does diddly-squat.

In looking online I find alot of spam about "celebrity sexy teeth"

So does anyone have a legit review of CST or a diff whitening solution that doesn't involve the dentist's chair? I'm also interested in the safety aspect (IE will it eat away at my teeth, etc)

All I can say is I tried a free sample of those Listerine (I think) ones that dissolve in your mouth. Do not use these. All the gunk that does dissolve goes down your throat (SICK) and you will need to clean your teeth afterwards because most of the strip that ends up between your teeth doesnt dissolve. Whats left is kind of like when you take a sticker off something and you get that somewhat sticky messy, only a little goopier and in your mouth.

The whitening toothpaste works quite well for me actually. I don't notice a huge difference but I think it's definitely there, my teeth used to be so yellow in pictures and such.

[quote name='musha666']All I can say is I tried a free sample of those Listerine (I think) ones that dissolve in your mouth. Do not use these. All the gunk that does dissolve goes down your throat (SICK) and you will need to clean your teeth afterwards because most of the strip that ends up between your teeth doesnt dissolve. Whats left is kind of like when you take a sticker off something and you get that somewhat sticky messy, only a little goopier and in your mouth.[/quote]

Thanks - Listerine also tried to shop their "dissolve" tech in the breath freshener arena and it had the same results there (disolves to a disgusting goop instead of nothing)

[quote name='musha666']Whats left is kind of like when you take a sticker off something and you get that somewhat sticky messy, only a little goopier and in your mouth.[/QUOTE]

Think about how your mom feels.

OP, I think teeth whitening (other than over-the-counter toothpastes and strips and such) should only be done with an actual dentist. It will cost more and the appointment might be a bit of an inconvenience, but you'll get what you pay for, and you can avoid potentially dangerous side effects.

Getting your teeth whitened at the dentist already possesses the possible side effect of increased tooth sensitivity; I wouldn't want to take a chance with what could happen if you go with some Internet-advertised crap.

Maybe look into going to a dentist and getting it done. Doing all the teeth whitening stuff at home kits is expensive and when they all fail and you try new ones they all probably add up to the price of the dentist anyways. *shrug*

Those Crest White Strips work pretty well but they're a pain to apply and keep up with. I would just go to the dentist....1 visit and you're done.

I've used the Crest white strips with positive results (two to three shades lighter) and it takes only two weeks to finish the process. The dentist will use a product that will do a better job (4 shades lighter or more), but it also costs hundreds of dollars compared to the $15 or so that I paid for the Crest white strips. One word of warning though is that it'll take about a week for you to get used to them. My teeth were really sensitive the first week and I was not able to drink really hot or cold liquids. Also, my gums bled on the first day I used them (I'm talking minutely, not like a horror movie LOL), but they were fine after that. :lol:

I get a lot of compliments on how white my teeth are. I generally use Crest Whitestrips. As of right now I am using the Listerine Whitestripes ( Free from Bzzzagent ), Listerine Whitening Mouthwash, and Colgate Total Toothpaste. I am also a non smoker and non coffee drinker so that helps.

[quote name='magiic']The Crest White Strips work great. However using them is a real artform.[/quote]

QFT, my sister uses them and her teeth are white as the driven snow. They're kind of too white.

a lot of whitening stuff is bullshit. ESPECIALLY celebrity endorsed products-- all celebs get porcelain laminates (which are ridiculously expensive, of course.) :roll: I suppose if you want super white teeth that hardly stain, those are the best way to go...though it would cost a couple grand to have the front top and bottom teeth done.

Ask your dentist, don't trust anything until he/she says it's good.

Crest WhiteStrips, although the first 2-3 you use might hurt like fuck as they clean your teeth, and yeah, a bit of a mess, you'll focus on trying to keep your tongue away from your teeth for 20 minutes while it works, and then rinse out everything.

Kind of annoying, but hey, if its good for a year I'd say it's worth it.

~HotShotX

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']I've used the Crest white strips with positive results (two to three shades lighter) and it takes only two weeks to finish the process. The dentist will use a product that will do a better job (4 shades lighter or more), but it also costs hundreds of dollars compared to the $15 or so that I paid for the Crest white strips. One word of warning though is that it'll take about a week for you to get used to them. My teeth were really sensitive the first week and I was not able to drink really hot or cold liquids. Also, my gums bled on the first day I used them (I'm talking minutely, not like a horror movie LOL), but they were fine after that. :lol:[/quote]Do you floss regularly? I wonder if not doing so could cause the bleeding.

I actually have a box of the Crest Whitestrips Premium Plus that are only a 10-Day treatment on my desk. I have been meaning to start them, but then I saw this dentist who provides a free home kit and free exam with your first visit. I haven't had my teeth cleaned in too long, so I was thinking of going in to him and getting them cleaned first, then using his kit. Then I'll still have this kit to use in another 6-12 months or whenever.

[quote name='magiic']The Crest White Strips work great. However using them is a real artform.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I used these too. They do a decent job, you don't want to go to the dentist and turn into the joker.

[quote name='pittpizza']QFT, my sister uses them and her teeth are white as the driven snow. They're kind of too white.[/quote]

That's the kind of white I want. I want them to glow in the fucking dark!

Thx everyone - Crest Whitestrips it is! (although the sensitivity thing does send up an alarm bell about possible future problems...)

I used Crest Whitestrips years ago and they worked great. However, I tried using them a second time some time later (forget exactly when, but it was definitely longer than 6 months- they say you can use them every six months- I'm pretty sure it was a year+ later), and my teeth really hurt due to sensitivity. I think the initial usage of them made my teeth overly sensitive to the chemicals in it or something. For a first-time use, though, I had zero problems and it did indeed work.

bread's done
Back