Tekken 5...coming to XBOX!!!

The article still appears in the extended news listing:

Tekken 5 Coming to Xbox
By: César A. Berardini - "Cesar"
Nov. 17th, 2004 4:11 am
The latest issue of Famitsu has revealed that Namco’s Tekken 5 will be released across all platforms. This will mark the debut of the Tekken franchise on both Xbox and Nintendo Gamecube.

No further details about the different editions of the game or release dates were mentioned on the article but we'll bring you more information on Tekken 5 as soon as it becomes available.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Seems like an odd choice to take multi-platform this late in the series but it should make some people happy.

Tekken 5 goes Multi-Console

NAMCO confirm home ports of its latest fighter, marking the first time the series has been released outside of the Playstation.

Unsurprisingly, the latest issue of Famitsu has today confirmed that NAMCO’s forthcoming arcade brawler, Tekken 5, will be brought home to the consoles. Given the series pedigree on the Playstation family, it’s somewhat surprising to learn that the game will be released on the GameCube and Xbox alongside the Playstation2 version.

With development on the adaptations happening alongside the final tweaks of the arcade version, it’s believed that the home console ports are currently at 60% into development, although a specific release date has yet to be confirmed.

The game is expected to include a wide variety of modes, in particular a revamped version of the Tekken Force mode that was introduced in Tekken 3 alongside an extensive level of customisation as featured in the arcade version.

Whether or not online play will feature has yet to be confirmed; however you can be sure we’ll be brining you more information on this one soon.

They already did this for the better fighter series (SC), so it doesn't surprise me that they are doing the same for Tekken.

Stripped from NewWin.net:

http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=25694&category=gamers

Tekken 5 Still PS2 Exclusive
Posted by Deren Smith on 17 Nov 2004 - 18:29 | 12 comments

Earlier today, several sites reported that Japanese publication Famitsu featured an article claiming Tekken 5 was headed to the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and GameCube in 2005. Namco's number one fighting game has been in development for some time, and Namco Japan has confirmed in the past that it would only be arriving on the PlayStation 2.

We checked with Namco Hometek and have discovered that Namco currently has no plans to release Tekken 5 on multiple platforms. While this could change at some point in the future, it's safe to say that the recent reports of Famitsu indicating the Xbox and GCN versions are in the works are false.

News source: GameDAILY

Here's the link where 1up's original story about all three platforms was posted:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3136692&did=5

But they have since changed it. But if you got an e-mail about the story, you could see that it originally said:
Tekken 5 For Xbox, GameCube, and PS2

Tekken 5 is on its way to PlayStation 2, GameCube, and Xbox all at once. Hot on the heels of its arcade release yesterday comes the news that the game will receive the same multiplatform console treatment as 2002's Soul Calibur II.
Read The Full Story

Or you could also notice people's posts on the page about how excited they are that they can play it on their GCN/Xbox.

[quote name='dcfox']Namco should include exclusive characters for each console, like they did with SC II.[/quote]
Thats a good idea. That would make their hardcore fans pay $150 to get every character. Im sure atleast a few SC fans bought all three versions.

Meh...No me gusta Tekken.

Anyone else think the Xbox D-pad simply just sucks for fighters? I can't even choose the right letters when I send messages in Xbox live, the cursor just goes nuts.

I actually like the X-Box controller for fighters. Hell, I prefer a gamepad to real arcade joysticks anyway. I'm pretty much certain I'm in the minority, though.

It'd be some great news if Tekken 5 gets released on all the consoles, though I've personally always preferred DOA, SC, and VF to the series.

I wonder how big of a graphical jump is for Tekken V, and whether it will be smooth for the PS2 or not.

SCII was kind of grainy in my opinion for the PS2, and looked a lot sharper on the GCN and even sharper than that on the XBOX.

I have never been a huge fan of fighting games, but I am glad to see Tekken making its way to xbox for the people who care

SC2 had bad graphics and longer loads for the ps2 and the worst exclusive character IMO. i got both SC2 for xbox and GC and i prefer the GC one and no not for link, i dont think anyone even uses the exclusive characters. hopefully tekken 5 will come out on all 3 consoles, i missed out on 4 but i heard it sucked, tekken 3 was the best and i heard they are trying to make it more like 3.

what happened to virtua fighter 4 supposedly coming to the xbox like 2-3 yrs ago?

[quote name='KingDox']I just wish sega would make the virtual Fighter games multi-console.[/quote]

I would also like to see the Virtua Fighter series on the Xbox. But it's nice to know that Tekken 5 will be on the Xbox though...:D

[quote name='Pylis']I actually like the X-Box controller for fighters. Hell, I prefer a gamepad to real arcade joysticks anyway. I'm pretty much certain I'm in the minority, though.

It'd be some great news if Tekken 5 gets released on all the consoles, though I've personally always preferred DOA, SC, and VF to the series.[/quote]

Really? Did you not grow up in arcades? That might explain it.

Anyway, in an unrelated note, I don't get it why people keep talking like this will come out for all systems, even after it has been revealed as a hoax... Some peple's children.

[quote name='SEGA128DC'][quote name='KingDox']I just wish sega would make the virtual Fighter games multi-console.[/quote]

I would also like to see the Virtua Fighter series on the Xbox. But it's nice to know that Tekken 5 will be on the Xbox though...:D[/quote]

Read all of the posts. It isn't happening (as of now anyway). It was a hoax!!!

I was going to say what a big shocker but then I read all of the other posts. NO biggie, I really could care less if it came out for the Xbox. It just has horrible controls for fighters.

Oh and I'm probably in the minority of CAGs that actually has all three versions of SC2. I bought it on release day for GCN and then when it went to $20, picked upt he other 2. :D

bread's done
Back