Tekken 6 Trade-in at Gamestop (trade 3 select get it free)

jkircos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I just got an email about a free copy of Tekken 6 if you trade three from this list.

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (360, PS3)
Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit (360)
Kings of Fighters 12 (360, PS3)
Mortal Kombat DC Universe (PS3, 360)
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm (PS3)
Soul Calibur 4 (PS3, 360)
Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360)
UFC Undisputed (PS3, 360)
WWE: Legends of Wrestlemania (PS3, 360)
WWE SMackdown vs. Raw 2009 (PS3, 360)

Hmm, I have a Street Fighter IV I've been trying to unload; I'll see if I can't find a few other titles for cheap. Thanks OP

WWE: SvR 09 is $14.99 at K-Mart. Not as good as F.Y.E./Sam Goody's Free after MIR, but if you don't want to mess with the rebate, it's kind of decent if you have some other games in mind.

Wouldn't it be better to just grab this game from BB B1G1 promo? It should save us from the hassle of having to look for the clearanced game.

[quote name='shido']Wouldn't it be better to just grab this game from BB B1G1 promo? It should save us from the hassle of having to look for the clearanced game.[/QUOTE]

It depends on the situation. I have a crap-load of Goozex points; finding 3 sub-500 point games was cake (Instant Match rocks)/well worth the investment.

I think I'm going to do WWE SVR 2009 (360 & PS3 - Free after rebate @ FYE), and Soul Calibur 4 (400 Points, goozex).

Anyone have any experience with FYE rebates? Do they need the UPC to get the rebate and be able to be traded in at GS? I'm only worried about tying up $60 for a few months. I'm really wanting to pick up CODMW2, but we'll see how this idea goes.

how long is this deal going to be available? I won't be able to pick it up til Friday, when i called yesterday, they had no idea about the entire deal..so they weren't much help

Did anyone else get the e-mail with the coupon or just the OP?

I know the coupon was linked here but it's weird that I don't see it in the 'weekly deals' Gamestop e-mail.

I got it.

Just called my GS, they said they never take trade ins on duplicates. Hopefully I can get my 400 points from goozex and get the SC4 game before then.

[quote name='indorice']Did anyone else get the e-mail with the coupon or just the OP?

I know the coupon was linked here but it's weird that I don't see it in the 'weekly deals' Gamestop e-mail.[/QUOTE]
It was in their monday e-mail. I got it as well. I think I am trading in sc4,sf4, and wwe legends. All bought for $10 or less. Play tekken for a week or so and then trade it in for the $40 guaranteed deal. $40 is about what I'd get selling these 3 games anyway without the hassle.

Millertime2523- Regarding the F.Y.E. rebates, yes, you need to put the UPC on the second receipt, where it doesn't require any information (duh). And if you get the game for both systems, I don't think Gamestop would turn you away for trading in one each. The reason they don't take multiples is because if someone stole, say, a shipment of Tekken 6, and wanted to trade in eight for store credit, there's OBVIOUSLY something fishy there. Just explain the situation of how you're flipping the games to afford Tekken, and show them your receipt if you feel like you need to. And if they STILL don't take them, ask if you can talk with the manager, and explain the situtation to him/her. If that doesn't work, God doesn't want you to have Tekken 6 $40 off for free. >_>;

Can anyone post another link to the coupon itself? The pdf that leads to image shack won't bring anything up, and the RapidShare link appears to be dead. I'd like to take advantage of this coupon, seems like a good deal if you've got a lot of old fighters sitting around.

[quote name='Havok83']Is it possible to get in on this deal and then return Tekken 6 for $60 back?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that always works for me.

I just did this, it worked, but there were a few problems... SC4, SF4 traded fine for $20 each, up from $4 and $6, BTW... but MK vs DC only came up $8.50. He had to manually change MK to $20 after talking to a manager at another store. These were all for Xbox 360, however. In the end it worked, and I'm about to start this baby up...

Seriously considering this, I don't play a few of the games on the list anymore... I just hate Gamestop so much

Most of the games on the list can be found around CAG for pretty cheap as it is. I figured if I wanted the games back after playing through Tekken 6, I could always sell it off and rebuy them later. No brainer for me.

Traded in :360:Street Fighter IV (did not like it) & :360:SC IV (Bye Soul Calibur! :cry:).

No problem with PDF/printout (Thanks confoosious).

Used a GC to pay the balance (Thanks E-Rewards).

Anybody know the fighting "style" of Tekken? I mean is it like DOA? Virtual Fighter? Soul Calibur?

If it not my type of style, may just switch it out for FORZA 3 & wait to get Tekken cheap. ;)

[quote name='stewie75']I just did this, it worked, but there were a few problems... SC4, SF4 traded fine for $20 each, up from $4 and $6, BTW... but MK vs DC only came up $8.50. He had to manually change MK to $20 after talking to a manager at another store. These were all for Xbox 360, however. In the end it worked, and I'm about to start this baby up...[/QUOTE]

Same for me. The third game didn't auto adjust to $20 so they had to manually override the value to $20.

I only traded in 2 games and it worked fine. Also went to return a used operation flashpoint for forza and he took the return as new so I saved about $10. I may just hold onto tekken and wait for the sale next week. It seems I can always find a used copy of anything within a week so I may hold off as I have a lot of other stuff I can play.

I actually want these games to play, but so unwilling to pay the prices around ._.a

SF4 and SC4 just for nostalgia
and MK vs DC just to see what the hell it's all about. Wonder if what my chances of camping in front of a gamestop to see when ppl want to trade it in would be >.>a ,but then now it'd be like $20 ea. which doesn't seem worth it to me >.>a

I received this promotion card physically in my snail mail so I took my SF4 and SC4 to a local GS. The rep scanned SF4 ($4) and SC4 ($6) as trade-ins first, then scanned new Tekken 6, then finally scanned coupon code and everything were done automatically by the computer. Ended up paying about $26. Not sure if I will keep this game though. Haven't opened it but thinking about returning to buy something else. Do you think there will be a problem with that at GS? The receipt shows the promo trade-ins.

[quote name='Havok83']Is it possible to get in on this deal and then return Tekken 6 for $60 back?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='stoned99']Yes, that always works for me.[/QUOTE]

So you tradeed in games and bought a new game. They gave you cash back after you returned the unopened game?

As intelligent buyers, why is this posted? They'll let you trade it in for $40, resell it for $55, for one of the hottest releases this year?

What a joke.

Hm. I could trade in SD vs. Raw 09, Soul Calibur 4, and Street Fighter IV..

..it's too bad that all three of those are so much better than Tekken 6 could ever be

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']So you tradeed in games and bought a new game. They gave you cash back after you returned the unopened game?[/QUOTE]
I traded in SFIV, WWE Wrestlemania and SVR2009. She had to manually adjust the third trade in. Computer made her put .01 on a gift card (no tax). I asked for a gift receipt. I returned it with said receipt to another GS and got $64.xx (game with tax) cash.

I traded in Mortal Kombat, SFIV, KoFXII and then exchanged the Tekken 6 I got for Demons Souls

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='linkmon']Gamestop = LEGALIZED THIEVERY[/QUOTE]

No one is forcing you to trade your games in there. Considering the fees on eBay and PayPal, you're paying more for a convenience than anything else. If you're a smart CAG, you wait until they have trade-in deals (like the 4/$20).

[quote name='PapaSmerf']I traded in SFIV, WWE Wrestlemania and SVR2009. She had to manually adjust the third trade in. Computer made her put .01 on a gift card (no tax). I asked for a gift receipt. I returned it with said receipt to another GS and got $64.xx (game with tax) cash.[/QUOTE]

I guess the key item is gift receipt which I didn't get. :wall:

[quote name='ijustw1n']As intelligent buyers, why is this posted? They'll let you trade it in for $40, resell it for $55, for one of the hottest releases this year?

What a joke.[/QUOTE]

Are you in the wrong thread? Your statement seems to fit the Modern Warfare 2 GS trade-in *scam* more than this *deal*.

[quote name='Scorch']Hm. I could trade in SD vs. Raw 09, Soul Calibur 4, and Street Fighter IV..

..it's too bad that all three of those are so much better than Tekken 6 could ever be[/QUOTE]

svr2009 much better than tekken 6? I doubt that very much.

[quote name='Scorch']Hm. I could trade in SD vs. Raw 09, Soul Calibur 4, and Street Fighter IV..

..it's too bad that all three of those are so much better than Tekken 6 could ever be[/QUOTE]

lol no

bread's done
Back