Tekken 6 w/arcade stick bundle (PS3) for $38 @ BB!

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Saw it earlier today at the Frisco, Tx location (was $48 last week). Only one left & the seal/tape was re-used so not sure if it was a return or not. Was on clearance...but the 360 version was still regular price of $58 (still not a bad price). FWIW, the game by itself's $20 so you're basically paying $18 for this wireless fighting stick & artbook. The joystick by itself, sells for $60 (minus the artwork & different color scheme).

Some info about this stick...Let's get this out of the way 1st, there's no noticeable lag (RF-based, not bluetooth-based)! Battery life's supposedly up to 400-hours on 2 AA Alkaline batteries (included). For a novice/noob, it's a decent joystick IF you've never used higher-end sticks. For anyone else, it's way too light (2.4-pounds w/o batteries) but even worse, the joystick lever has a VERY big deadzone & the pushbuttons are craptastic! That said, you can always replace those items BUT the labor involved is rather intensive. I bought one a few months ago...but the only reason I did was for the button mashers & when my little cousin comes over, LOL! Hope that helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Antipodes']The art book is quite nice too.[/QUOTE]

Oh ya, forgot about that! Just edited OP to include that, thx! It's not bad.

I'll take a look at my Best Buy again. They have got loads of these sitting next to the piles of Halo Reach Legendary edition. It was marked $59.99 at my store so this deal may be YMMV, but I will still check it out. Thanks for posting OP. I would love to grab one of these for my pre-order of MVC3

[quote name='UberSwiss']I'll take a look at my Best Buy again. They have got loads of these sitting next to the piles of Halo Reach Legendary edition. It was marked $59.99 at my store so this deal may be YMMV, but I will still check it out. Thanks for posting OP. I would love to grab one of these for my pre-order of MVC3[/QUOTE]

No prob!...But trust me, unless you're impatient to save up some more $$$ (for a better stick) & have to have a wireless stick, you'll regret it in the long run! Although for the price ($18 really), it can't be beat! Only thing worst than this for the PS3 (that I've tried), is the Hori Fighting Stick 3 (~$25). Here are 2 sticks in the same price range I recommend (for your 1st beginners stick) though:

http://www.amazon.com/Arcade-Fighti...2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1296124984&sr=1-22

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Street-F..._2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1296124743&sr=1-2

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be a stick snob about it. Of course there are higher end sticks. For the money this is a pretty good deal besides these are wireless with little lag. Copy of the game, hardcover art book and a wireless stick thats good quality.
My BB had these marked to $31 so i snagged two. Game trades to amazon for $11 for 2 sticks for $40 isnt a bad deal since I already own tekken.

[quote name='Pig']Don't be a stick snob about it. Of course there are higher end sticks. For the money this is a pretty good deal besides these are wireless with little lag. Copy of the game, hardcover art book and a wireless stick thats good quality.
My BB had these marked to $31 so i snagged two. Game trades to amazon for $11 for 2 sticks for $40 isnt a bad deal since I already own tekken.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he's being a stick snob, considering he created the thread in the first place. He's just making sure we're well-informed about the bargain item as well as alternatives. I think it's pretty cool. At the least, people can't snipe about the thread if the OP tells us it's a spotty quality stick but still a great bargain.

[quote name='Pig']Don't be a stick snob about it. Of course there are higher end sticks. For the money this is a pretty good deal besides these are wireless with little lag. Copy of the game, hardcover art book and a wireless stick thats good quality.
My BB had these marked to $31 so i snagged two. Game trades to amazon for $11 for 2 sticks for $40 isnt a bad deal since I already own tekken.[/QUOTE]

LOL, who said anything about higher-end sticks only? Crap is crap regardless if the stick's $30 or $300. Besides, I already said this is a good deal in the OP (hence, the reason for this thread) & suggested 2 other sticks within same price range for him so calm down.

[quote name='Urahara']I don't think he's being a stick snob, considering he created the thread in the first place. He's just making sure we're well-informed about the bargain item as well as alternatives. I think it's pretty cool. At the least, people can't snipe about the thread if the OP tells us it's a spotty quality stick but still a great bargain.[/QUOTE]

Thx, I couldn't have said it any better! Don't get me wrong, I'm all for finding a good deal...but I'd rather inform people (as you stated) of it (good or bad) if I've had personal experience w/it as well.

PS3 Version was priced at my local best buy for 31.99.

I got a MOD there to price match the 360 version for the same amount. I'm Happy with it!

I got this last week for $38 with the B2G1 deal they had. 360 version was listed at $60, and this was marked down to $38. They only had 1 left at the Reston, VA store.

Saw this at my local best buy in Canton, Ohio marked for $35.99 (PS3 version). They had 4-5 copies still left last week. It has been at this price for at least the past month. I have no interest in one, but if someone else does they should go snag a copy up.

I've been toying with picking it up for a while now. It's been in the 30's at my local store for a few weeks. I have no use for the stick really. Ultimately the decision is whether or not the art book is worth the extra premium over just buying the game.

Anyone have any insight on that?

Ames, IA still has one copy that's beat up for $48. Been there for months...

I want a fight stick so bad, wish theyd mark it down already.

[quote name='Urahara']I don't think he's being a stick snob, considering he created the thread in the first place. He's just making sure we're well-informed about the bargain item as well as alternatives. I think it's pretty cool. At the least, people can't snipe about the thread if the OP tells us it's a spotty quality stick but still a great bargain.[/QUOTE]

^ Seconded.

[quote name='Very Unclever']I've been toying with picking it up for a while now. It's been in the 30's at my local store for a few weeks. I have no use for the stick really. Ultimately the decision is whether or not the art book is worth the extra premium over just buying the game.

Anyone have any insight on that?[/QUOTE]

I saw an unboxing video on Youtube and while it isn't UDON quality, it looked great for a CE pack-in. From my brief look, it started out with a bunch of CG character poses, then how the characters evolved over the series, and finally some actual hand-drawn sketches.

I'd put the value of that book at $10-15.

If you aren't a Tekken fan and have absolutely no use for the stick, I'd say skip out on the collector's edition. I've seen the regular version go on sale and I picked up the 360 version for $10 a few months ago.

This is definitely an awesome value at sub-$40, and I'm sure they are selling it at a loss, but it just depends on whether or not you care for the pack-ins.

I played a decent amount of Tekken during the Tekken 3/Tag days so the discount caught my interest. However, I have no use for the stick so I'll be skipping this one.

[quote name='Very Unclever']I've been toying with picking it up for a while now. It's been in the 30's at my local store for a few weeks. I have no use for the stick really. Ultimately the decision is whether or not the art book is worth the extra premium over just buying the game.

Anyone have any insight on that?[/QUOTE]

FWIW, I've never been a big fan of bonus/art books in CE/SE's unless they really stand out (like the one in GT5). This one's nothing special. I can take pics of some pages if you can't find them online (PM me).

[quote name='Antipodes']^ Seconded...[/QUOTE]

Thx! :D

I actually like the stick for what it is, but beware that you can't use a few attacks in SFIV because of the low quality of the stick. I use it for things like TMNT Arcade though just fine when I have friends over, beats the hell out of using the control pad on my GH Drumset (Play 4 always got screwed).

[quote name='apterous']I actually like the stick for what it is, but beware that you can't use a few attacks in SFIV because of the low quality of the stick. I use it for things like TMNT Arcade though just fine when I have friends over, beats the hell out of using the control pad on my GH Drumset (Play 4 always got screwed).[/QUOTE]
LOL i would have hated to be player 4 at your place if you were giving me a drumset to play

bread's done
Back