Tekken Tag 2 wiiU $9.99 @ Target

Local stores near my girlfriend have copies, but, the game is sold out on their own website.  I don't think they'll pricematch when it's out of stock.

So, I guess I'll have to stop by on Wednesday night and hope they have them marked at $10.

I called my Target and they have four copies in stock but they said they do not PM their own website.
I had luck before with RE6 for $10. Do I roll the dice, go to the store and raise hell?
Will Best Buy PM Target.com?
Just point to their official PM policy and you should have no problems. And yes, BBY PMs Target.com as per their Low Price Guarantee.

There's a fairly large patch which came out after the Eurogamer analysis which remedies some of the visual problems. Yes, there is still the occasional framerate flutter, but the resolution doesn't go all wonky like the PS3 version did at the end of match replays.

So, this isn't priced at 9.99 in any of the stores right? You'd have to match it? If not, what are the odds of it getting marked down in the stores? When I went yesterday, my target had it at 19.99 but they were all in the back. When the guy looked it up he said it was discontinued and that they hadn't been sent back yet. After he pulled me a copy, the lady at guest services ended up not pricematching cause it had sold out on their site.

They wouldn't pricematch it for me yesterday, either. Kinda sucks given that I waited (my fault) to go to the store rather than just order it online.

They wouldn't pricematch it for me yesterday, either. Kinda sucks given that I waited (my fault) to go to the store rather than just order it online.
It shouldn't be YMMV. They should match it. Pull up the language of the price match policy in the store on your phone and show them that it says 'competitors' website when revering to the fact that it can't be OOS.

Especially considering Target is now going to be doing site-to-store (or their version of it), this shouldn't be an issue. Ask to speak to someone higher up if they're really going to make a big deal out of it

Actually, Best Buy online wouldn't match this when I called last night.
It didn't have the 'Price Match Guarantee' up in the top right, so they said they couldn't do it.

Probably would work in store however.

Actually, Best Buy online wouldn't match this when I called last night.
It didn't have the 'Price Match Guarantee' up in the top right, so they said they couldn't do it.

Probably would work in store however.
I don't have a Best Buy close, unfortunately. Wish Amazon would put this back up for back order but maybe it's being discontinued.

Just picked up the last copy at a local Target. Price matched to online price with no hassle. Thanks OP!

Just picked up a copy at my local Target. They price matched it with no problem, she just looked it up on their iPad at guest service, seen the price, and marked it down to 9.99.

Thanks OP

No luck for me. Guest services looked up the Target site and said no because it wasn't in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped by the store tonight.

Took it to the counter, asked the guy if he'd price matched their site and he said yep.

No fuss at all, even though it showed out of stock.

I went today to el centro ca target and got the last one.

also grabbed tales of the abyss for 19.99

no problem with the price match

nice surprise find megaman zero zx!! 7.47

was marked in the shelf as megaman zx advent

I went today to el centro ca target and got the last one.

also grabbed tales of the abyss for 19.99

no problem with the price match

nice surprise find megaman zero zx!! 7.47

was marked in the shelf as megaman zx advent
godamn.. i fuckin knew i should had gone there today. did they had any more copies of megaman zx?

My Target PM TTT2 for me today!  :D/  I also grabbed Far Cry 3 for $20

I was in a huge hurry!!!! The electronics sales associate had to walk me up to CS, so slow!!!!! :wall:  The CS person got out the iPad, 5 mins later, she typed in the full title in the search bar: "T.e.k.k.e.n T.a.g T.o.u..r.n.a.m.e.n.t. 2: W.i.i U E.d.i.t.i.o.n". :wall:

My Target PM TTT2 for me today! :D/ I also grabbed Far Cry 3 for $20

I was in a huge hurry!!!! The electronics sales associate had to walk me up to CS, so slow!!!!! :wall: The CS person got out the iPad, 5 mins later, she typed in the full title in the search bar: "T.e.k.k.e.n T.a.g T.o.u..r.n.a.m.e.n.t. 2: W.i.i U E.d.i.t.i.o.n". :wall:
Fortunately I've only ever had one person care enough to do that since I always have it on my phone.

Got the in-store match at the Westfield Culver City store today - no issue. This is a wonderful game and I'm glad to have it on the Wii U (for convenience) at such a negligible price. Thanks OP!

There were four more copies there, for anyone looking.

My target price matched it no problem as well. Grabbed the last one from my store. They didn't even have it out in display. I was worried they had sold out but I guess it just wasnt out on the floor anymore.

Everyone spam Amazon with the $9.99 price tag, I got some credit to burn.

I own a 360 version but I'm interested in a Wii U version since It's so cheap. What are the benefits outside of mushroom mode?

balls, now it's not even listed on target.com.  Of course, since I was planning on going to Target to pick up Pokemon today and was going to pricematch today.  Ya snooze ya loose I guess :(

Looks like I missed this too, damn! I would have grabbed this do to the low price. I need to expand my WiiU collection and I don't want to spend big money.

I guarantee that this will go OOP (if it isn't already) and the price will go up. Probably not by much, but still.
BBY already moved it to clearance and I believe someone mentioned that Target was going to be shipping them back to the warehouse and the other systems are hitting clearances too.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back