Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and SFxTekken sale

TooMuchCoolness

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Newegg and Amazon are both having some really good sales on Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken.

The pre-order of Tag Tournament 2 features $12 off and free shipping. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is on sale for both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation Vita for $25, then lastly Street Fighter X Tekken is $20 off.

Below you'll find links to the sales.

• Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3 $47.99 - Promo code: EMCNBHJ256

• Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - $25.99 Xbox 360 / PS Vita

• Street Fighter X Tekken - $19.99 - Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Really recommend people buy TTT2, and new if possible as it comes with an online pass. Other than the online pass, everything is pretty solid on this game. Harada is doing so much to get people interested. No paid DLC characters and such. I haven't been interested in a 3d fighter in about 6 years.

Nice deal on TTT2 but I'm going against the grain and getting it at Gamestop. :D Have enough credit to make it tax-free and I want in on the midnight release and extra characters at launch.

[quote name='Killbomb']Nice deal on TTT2 but I'm going against the grain and getting it at Gamestop. :D Have enough credit to make it tax-free and I want in on the midnight release and extra characters at launch.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop doesn't do Gamebucks anymore. That died years ago. You still have to pay taxes

[quote name='Confidance']Gamestop doesn't do Gamebucks anymore. That died years ago. You still have to pay taxes[/QUOTE]

Trade in a bunch of games worth 60 bucks altogether, you'll end up only paying 59.99 for the game so trade ins does kill off tax. Even if you trade in 40 dollars worth or perhaps 30 or hell 20, it'll still pay off some tax, not entirely but at least some.

Going to pick up my copy at Gamestop too, I have it paid off so no biggie. I did reserve other stuff on Newegg with that coupon though to save some money.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Trade in a bunch of games worth 60 bucks altogether, you'll end up only paying 59.99 for the game so trade ins does kill off tax. [/QUOTE]

I did this for Persona 4 Arena just a few weeks ago. It varies from state to state though. Luckily Missouri is one of the states that doesn't charge tax on purchases made with store credit.

If you're willing to wait for the digital preorder bonuses, you'll be able to download them for free eventually (except for maybe the PSN theme pack and the behind-the-scenes stuff). You also get a 'girl power' poster that features Anna and Nina from GS.

If anyone wanted umvc3 or sfxt , they would've had plenty of chances to get it for cheap btw. As ttt2, if you remember when t6 released couple yrs ago, they overproduced and prices dropped fast for that game. You could've gotten the game for 20 bucks under two months. It was that fast. So I'll say, even at 48 bucks, don't pull it unless if you're super fighting game nerd. Btw ttt2 will the only new fighting game worth your money anyway. No offense to doa5

[quote name='Kanokare']Really recommend people buy TTT2, and new if possible as it comes with an online pass. Other than the online pass, everything is pretty solid on this game. Harada is doing so much to get people interested. No paid DLC characters and such. I haven't been interested in a 3d fighter in about 6 years.[/QUOTE]
What did you think about Tekken 6?

I can't believe I'm on the fence because of the bikini DLC. :whistle2:# Just kidding.

The Vita version is third party with $5.20 shipping. Just a heads up cause I would be all over it if it was at least fulfilled by Amazon for Prime.

No one should be on the fence for any of the DLC. All of it aside from the soundtracks from the old games will be free. Stages, characters, costumes, all of it. Preordering from certain places just means you get those items slightly before others. We'll all get it for free though.

[quote name='Killbomb']I did this for Persona 4 Arena just a few weeks ago. It varies from state to state though. Luckily Missouri is one of the states that doesn't charge tax on purchases made with store credit.[/QUOTE]

How do you like Persona 4 Arena? I've never played a Persona 4 game before but I LOVE Guilty Gear. Is it worth buying or wait for a price drop?

A buddy of mine and myself are both Tekken fans but I think we can wait for new copies of TTT2 to drop in price. We both have some big backlogs to work through.

I am excited for TTT2 though. It looks fantastic, and I always enjoy getting to play as King. Hell that was the one thing I enjoyed out of SFxT.

[quote name='sadboy']What did you think about Tekken 6?

I can't believe I'm on the fence because of the bikini DLC. :whistle2:# Just kidding.
[/QUOTE]

I actually didn't pick it up until recently. I stopped playing 3D fighters for quite some years until the Soul Calibur V sale at BBY. I'd say T6 is an okay game. Online had some problems with lag, but SCV had a lot less lag. TTT2 should be using the same net code but with updates as usual so I'm expecting some decent stuff after the first few weeks.

If you know what good things to expect from a Tekken game, then you can understand I'm looking forward to the improvements along with the tag system. Loved the original TTT1 as well. And nothing wrong with
wanting to see Kuni's um... melons or Kazuya in that holder lol

Also the bikini bundle is free after a few months and all the pre order DLCs along with it whenever. Harada also said that he would love to give more free DLCs if he can get more support from people buying the game new than renting/used.

Don't pick up TT2 on release, just wait a month so you can get at 40 bucks or less.
It happened with Tekken 6 and it's most likely going to happen to TT2

Apparently that Promo code for TTT is expired already. Guess it was a 24 hour thing? Oh well, I still have my Amazon preorder with the $10 gift card.

[quote name='Kanokare']Really recommend people buy TTT2, and new if possible as it comes with an online pass. Other than the online pass, everything is pretty solid on this game. Harada is doing so much to get people interested. No paid DLC characters and such. I haven't been interested in a 3d fighter in about 6 years.[/QUOTE]

Naah, Tekken Tag 2 looks just a like a Dead or Alive rip-off! If you looking for Tag Team Fighting spend your money on the game that does it better, which is DoA 5!

[quote name='john718']Naah, Tekken Tag 2 looks just a like a Dead or Alive rip-off![/QUOTE]

Despite the fact that Tekken's debut predates DOA's by a year or two, and TTT1 introduced its tag system shortly before DOA2 did, ultimately both series seem to be primarily inspired by Viruta Fighter.

[quote name='john718']Naah, Tekken Tag 2 looks just a like a Dead or Alive rip-off! If you looking for Tag Team Fighting spend your money on the game that does it better, which is DoA 5![/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol:

the ce for TTT2 is really not that expansive already have it preorderd for 68 EUR
worth the extra cash for the steelbook,artbook and awesome soundtrack

[quote name='endlessxshadow']I like how Ultimate is more expensive than SFxT[/QUOTE]

thats what im saying, didnt that game come out 6 months before SFxT?!?! ridiculous

[quote name='Thrinn']Despite the fact that Tekken's debut predates DOA's by a year or two, and TTT1 introduced its tag system shortly before DOA2 did, ultimately both series seem to be primarily inspired by Viruta Fighter.[/QUOTE]

quoted for truth. wth was that other guy talking about......

[quote name='souNReAL']thats what im saying, didnt that game come out 6 months before SFxT?!?! ridiculous[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with age and everything to do with economics. UMVC3 is not perfect by any measure, but it's probably going to be the last decent Marvel-licensed fighter for a long time. To many gamers, it deserves a spot in the collection.

On the other hand, what Capcom did with SFxT DLC was completely disingenuous, a blatant cash grab. I'd love to play a match of Zangief vs King... but I don't buy discs just to replace them later. I'll wait a year for the inevitable "Ultimate SFxT" for $40 or less, even if the disk differs by a single bit that unlocks the DLC.

bread's done
Back