Tell me about GameCrazy

magilacudy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Hi,

Apparently I've been going to this one college for 4 years and I never realized there was a Hollywood Video a few blocks down. I went inside today to check it out, and saw a GameCrazy section. I looked at all the prices, and they seemed halfway decent for used games. I saw a bunch of old school games too.

Anyways, I've read a bunch of good stuff about this place. What kind of deals do they have? Are they good to trade games in to? How bout the Game Crazy card, is that worth signing up for? Whatever opinion or expereinces you had with them feel free to comment. Thanks in advance.

I've found them knowledgeble and pleasent. Their non-MVP trade-in credit is average, comparable to EB and Gamestop and such, unless you find a stand-out game like the MP2/BB deal. If you're an MVP it adds a couple bucks extra to every trade-in and knocks a couple bucks off of an used game purchases. So yeah, I'd say it's worth it if you're gonna buy at least a couple things from there. As far as deals, I don't know any major ones besides "get 12 free rentals when you buy a new system". They're only open until 9 on weekdays (at least near me), which kinda sucks, but overall they're pretty great.

I have almost no experience at GameCrazy...but I did find Super Mario Advance 2 used for $20, so I like the store. :D

From what I've seen, their prices on used games are either ludicrously high (most of their Genesis games) or below what the other stores charge (most first party GBA games were $20 instead of the $25-$30 average). It's an alternative...but it's still worth shopping around for lower prices.

Gamecrazy is freakin awesome. They periodically have these tournaments where you can just show up, play, and win cool stuff. I went to their THPS 4 tourney, killed everyone, and snagged a free copy of THUG. Bottom line, GREAT STORE!!!!

[quote name='ffmgs']Gamecrazy is freakin awesome. They periodically have these tournaments where you can just show up, play, and win cool stuff. I went to their THPS 4 tourney, killed everyone, and snagged a free copy of THUG. Bottom line, GREAT STORE!!!![/quote]

yeah they had a mario dd tourney a while back, some dude won a membership card and some games.

For prices, they sometimes have decent prices, generally good prices for used psone games, but their next gen prices are not so hot.

So far, the only purchases I've made at Gamecrazy are used N64 games (sold at good prices). They have great service, as well as good trade-in credit.

Be careful if you plan to preorder niche titles through them. I preordered Wade Hixton Counter Punch and Rtype III for the GBA, and they've still yet to get them in. Gamestop and EB have had them in for more than a week now.

my Gamecrazy is substansially better with trade ins than my local EB with games that have been out a few months or more. lots of oldschool games and you can play alot of new games at the store (they have like 8 systems out to play with full games in them plus a couple behind the counter).

the game crazy at my town has needed to cut in to the holly wood video constantly because they have such a large selection. some times when they open they don't have a lot of used games but if they attention they will grow into your favorite game store. there trade ins really depend on how many they have in stock and how rare the game is. pretty much if you have an extremly popular game u wont get shit for it. but they have an enormus amount of rare games for cheap but they usualy have to be looked pretty hard for or else you wont find them in there tiny little corner of hollywood

I like that they still buy & sell retro stuff, unlike Gamestop. However, the prices on a lot of the retro stuff are too high, but you do tend to find deals from time to time. Like others have said, it's good to shop around.

I've seen Sonic Mega Collection there for $30 used (and that's without the MVP card!) Due time for me to pick that up. :D

I've only bought a few things there myself though. An SNES game (Street Fighter II for $2.99) and a few NES titles a friend of mine was looking for.

And they have good N64 deals I see... hmm... I'm buying an N64 from one of my friends in a few days... I'll have to see what they have.

bread's done
Back