Tell me about KOTOR..

HeadRusch

CAGiversary!
..normally I hate RPG's....and I never really cared much for adventure games.

But now that I'm suffering from a bit of Star Wars FEEEVer due to Sith, I'm almost tempted to spend some time sitting around with this game, because everyone says the universe to explore is so great.

But I'm also hesitant......is this game one of those ones where you watch endless cutscenes, and then during a battle everyone just stands around like chesspieces and as you press the button to "roll dice", your character swings wildly and knocks hitpoints off your opponents, is there any action element in this game at all?

The plot in KOTOR I is better than any of the new Star Wars movies (even Episode III). Bioware beat Lucas at his own game (plot-wise).

[quote name='kaji7p56']The plot in KOTOR I is better than any of the new Star Wars movies (even Episode III). Bioware beat Lucas at his own game (plot-wise).[/QUOTE]

It's better than any of the old movies, too.

[quote name='alongx']It's better than any of the old movies, too.[/QUOTE]

I think so too, but I didn't want to get flamed by the Star Wars uber-geeks.

Cool....uh, can anyone tell me how the game plays though? Are all the battles basically turn-based? Is it one of those where you have to talk to every single character in order to get inane clues?

The reason I gave up on RPG's back in the day (as in..back when Bards Tale was new...Bards Tale for the C64!), was because it reached the point where you couldn't get anywhere without a hint book and the stories just became retarded.

You know..."Take the magic root to the phantom wizard in the dark dungeon, there he will give you a golden chalice which you smash on the rocks of the cave wall where a giant Zlsorok will grant you the magical power of colorpainting, which you then use to destory the golden skeleton who gives you.."...etc, etc, etc, etc.

Is KOTOR actually any fun to play, or is it all just watching diologue and cutscenes. I mean I know its not like Jedi Academy or an action game, but..well....is all the combat turn-based?

I hate turn based RPG's, and i havent stopped playing this game, its fun as hell being a complete evil asshole in the game, get rich fast, too much fun...

[quote name='HeadRusch']Cool....uh, can anyone tell me how the game plays though? Are all the battles basically turn-based? Is it one of those where you have to talk to every single character in order to get inane clues?

The reason I gave up on RPG's back in the day (as in..back when Bards Tale was new...Bards Tale for the C64!), was because it reached the point where you couldn't get anywhere without a hint book and the stories just became retarded.

You know..."Take the magic root to the phantom wizard in the dark dungeon, there he will give you a golden chalice which you smash on the rocks of the cave wall where a giant Zlsorok will grant you the magical power of colorpainting, which you then use to destory the golden skeleton who gives you.."...etc, etc, etc, etc.

Is KOTOR actually any fun to play, or is it all just watching diologue and cutscenes. I mean I know its not like Jedi Academy or an action game, but..well....is all the combat turn-based?[/QUOTE]

If you're interested enough to keep asking questions you obviously want to give the game a try. It's between $10 and $15 used at most game stores. Just go buy it already.

I have an idea....instead of asking any questions from now on, I'll just go rent the games and try them for myself.

Thanks man, now I no longer need to frequent web forums!

I'm fucking FREE!!!!

bread's done
Back