Telltale Games Bundle (Walking Dead, Jurassic Park, Sam and Max + More) $42.49

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Telltale games is having a preorder bonus for the new Walking Dead game. You can either get the Walking Dead for $22.49 (only 10 percent off) or:

The Walking Dead
Jurassic Park
Sam and Max Seasons 1-3
Back to the Future
Law and Order
Hector
Strong Bad's
Puzzle Agent 1-2

$42.49

Link: http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead/preorder-contest

All are PC, most are both PC/MAC

Scroll down the page. You might have to enter your birthday to enter the site first.

Those wondering about gameplay, from Telltale's site: "The Walking Dead offers a completely different game-play experience to Jurassic Park. QTEs do not form a major part of game-play and you will have full control over your character as you move through the game’s environments."

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be down if I hadn't already bought a Telltale pack. I don't suppose I get giftables for rebuying them?

EDIT Nvm, mine is on Steam.

If for some reason you have a coupon to get a full free season (like they gave out if you pre-ordered JP before it was delayed) it will take $34.99 off of this. I'm tempted to use mine on it even though I have most of the games because $7.50 for The Walking Dead + a few others that I don't have is a steal.

I already have half the games offered here, but that's one hell of a deal. The Sam & Max games are great! (especially loved season 2), and Strong Bad's game is pretty good too if you're a fan. Haven't played BTTF yet.

Hector looks hilarious, and Puzzle Agent sounds interesting. Heard JP and L&W suck though. =/

I love Telltale's point-n-click games, but if Walking Dead is less like those and more like the JP game (quick time events) I can't say I really want to play it.

[quote name='GDogs']I already have half the games offered here, but that's one hell of a deal. The Sam & Max games are great! (especially loved season 2), and Strong Bad's game is pretty good too if you're a fan. Haven't played BTTF yet.

Hector looks hilarious, and Puzzle Agent sounds interesting. Heard JP and L&W suck though. =/

I love Telltale's point-n-click games, but if Walking Dead is less like those and more like the JP game (quick time events) I can't say I really want to play it.[/QUOTE]

They said it's not going to be like Jurassic Park. I'll find the link for you.

But I mean, if you are planning on getting the Walking Dead anyhow, you get some pretty good games for an extra $20 bucks.

[quote name='exaznkid']i never even knew there was a Law and Order game, is that what i think it is?[/QUOTE]

It's Law and Order LA - they made it before it was canceled.

[quote name='waldo21212']It's Law and Order LA - they made it before it was canceled.[/QUOTE]

It's not just LA, it has Benson from SVU and other characters in it. It's a general Law and Order game.

[quote name='malfuncti0n']steam keys?[/QUOTE]

No. Direct downloads from the site. From what I remember older games have keys listed on your account page and newer games just require you to login with your Telltale account.

Great deal, but I just don't like Telltale games. The quick-time events and graphics are very meh to me. LOVED Heavy Rain, which took quick-time events and cinematics to a whole new level. After that game, these just couldn't do it for me.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I already have half of those and I've barely played them. Why am I considering buying this?[/QUOTE]

I bought because I figure 1) TWD might be fun and 2) I like to support TTG.

[quote name='Darknuke']Great deal, but I just don't like Telltale games. The quick-time events and graphics are very meh to me. LOVED Heavy Rain, which took quick-time events and cinematics to a whole new level. After that game, these just couldn't do it for me.[/QUOTE]

Er...have you played any, ever? That's not their MO, at all.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Er...have you played any, ever? That's not their MO, at all.[/QUOTE]

I played through Jurassic Park almost all the way thru and ep 1 of BTTF

[quote name='starmask2k3']Idk why is so hard to put what system the deals are for[/QUOTE]

Telltale doesn't sell discs or games for anything else other than PC/Mac on their site, but I added it to the first post. Can't add it to the title on the mobile site.

So a few questions if anyone has answers:

1. When does the Walking Dead game release? April 23rd? That's when the contest ends.

2. What style is the game in? Sam and Max and Wallace and Grommet are the only Telltale games I've played and I like them both, but I don't know if I would like The Walking Dead in a similar style. Was hoping for a dead island styled game.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So a few questions if anyone has answers:

1. When does the Walking Dead game release? April 23rd? That's when the contest ends.

2. What style is the game in? Sam and Max and Wallace and Grommet are the only Telltale games I've played and I like them both, but I don't know if I would like The Walking Dead in a similar style. Was hoping for a dead island styled game.[/QUOTE]

It's episodic, so 1 every few weeks or so I believe.

From Telltale's site: "No. The Walking Dead offers a completely different game-play experience to Jurassic Park. QTEs do not form a major part of game-play and you will have full control over your character as you move through the game’s environments."

I'm going to add that to the first post.

I'm quite new to the games Telltale Games provides, and was wondering if I would receive the future episodes of the Walking Dead game in this bundle, or if I would have to purchase them later when they're released... Thanks in advance!

Edit: Nevermind, it appears as though I've discovered the answer to my question by looking into the contest FAQ....

[quote name='Darknuke']I played through Jurassic Park almost all the way thru and ep 1 of BTTF[/QUOTE]

JP was a drastic departure from their catalog. You should check out some of the older stuff, then decide if Telltale is for you.

[quote name='technicalstylez']anyone know if their pc games are gamepad compatible? i'd really prefer to use a controller for these, especially walking dead.[/QUOTE]

Jurassic Park definitely is compatible and the best way to play that game. I don't think earlier games, like Sam & Max Season 1, are supported unless they patched it back in. I think Back to the Future has support, but I didn't play it that way so I'm not 100% sure. I doubt the 2D games, Hector and Puzzle Agent, have controller support and I really don't think you'd want to play them that way over using a mouse, or even a laptop trackpad.

The gameplay for Walking Dead hasn't really been shown, but I imagine it will have gamepad support since it was also planned for 360 and PS3.

[quote name='louiedog']Jurassic Park definitely is compatible and the best way to play that game. I don't think earlier games, like Sam & Max Season 1, are supported unless they patched it back in. I think Back to the Future has support, but I didn't play it that way so I'm not 100% sure. I doubt the 2D games, Hector and Puzzle Agent, have controller support and I really don't think you'd want to play them that way over using a mouse, or even a laptop trackpad.

The gameplay for Walking Dead hasn't really been shown, but I imagine it will have gamepad support since it was also planned for 360 and PS3.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it does because you have free control over your character.

I haven't been able to play Jurassic Park with my Logitech Dual Action, not even with a Xbox 360 emulator. Some buttons won't work at all. The game officially supports only the Xbox 360 controller, but newer Logitech controllers appear to work from what I've read.

I'm pretty sure Monkey Island, BTTF and Sam & Max (only Season 3) are controller compatible.

thx for the heads up guys. was gonna use a logitech dual action but planned on picking up a wired 360 controller for my 360 anyways so looks like things'll work out. thanks

bread's done
Back