Tera is going F2P in Feburary. Free reactivation for Founders.

Woocls

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Today we are pleased to announce that TERA will be free in February 2013.
TERA: Rising will bring about exciting changes that will grow our community and benefit you as a founding member of TERA.

Founder Benefits:

• Founder's title: new "Founder" title, marking your status as one of TERA's first
  • Founder's rights: eight character slots, four bank tabs, and more item simultaneously on the brokerage
  • Terminus mount: a founder-exclusive mount to commemorate your victory in the Argon War
  • Free En Masse Points: deposits $5 (standard) and $10 (collector's edition) worth of EMPs to your e-wallet

*Can't wait? We've added game time to your account so you can get back in the swing of things before the big update.
Accounts will be active until 11:59 p.m. PST on January 16. *

This also will probably mean a price cut is on the way. So if you're interested pick it up when that happens.

Update: [quote name='fortunado']BTW, if you pick up a retail boxed game and type in the key backwards, you get a free kitty mount. :D
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jommy']I still have two sealed vanilla copies of Tera. I've already registered the 30 day code from another vanilla as well as a CE version of it. Should I keep the 30 day codes from these to use after it goes F2P or is there no point?[/QUOTE]

honestly, there is no apparent reason to keep those codes.

[quote name='silver001']honestly, there is no apparent reason to keep those codes.[/QUOTE]

Type them in backwards and get a free kitty mount (as stated before). Only redeemable on one character (per code).

[quote name='fortunado']Type them in backwards and get a free kitty mount (as stated before). Only redeemable on one character (per code).[/QUOTE]

Not all of them, just recent codes from walmart, best, amazon and target and they have to had been from after december 12.

[quote name='silver001']Not all of them, just recent codes from walmart, best, amazon and target and they have to had been from after december 12.[/QUOTE]

It just has to be an unused code. I had one from Best Buy that was sitting in my closet for months - since probably August or September. I punched it in backwards and it worked.

[quote name='fortunado']Type them in backwards and get a free kitty mount (as stated before). Only redeemable on one character (per code).[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I just purchased from Amazon and tried entering the code in backwards on my Tera account page in the 'enter code' field and it just says invalid code. I double checked to make sure I entered it correctly.

Edit: Ahhh, from their support page,
"Can I get these gifts for a digital purchase?

These gifts are only redeemable from physical box purchases."

Also, looks like you can enter teratweets! for a free Firecracker, according to their twitter page on your account page 'enter code' button.

I downloaded the trial version and It's free to play for 10 days but they just added another 7 days to play for free. So if you don't want to pay a dime things still look good for that route considering it will be Feb by then. Just wonder what day in Feb will this truly become free to play.

Is Rift he last great MMO from recent years to not go free to play? Heard many good things about it.

I am loving the game. I started playing a few days ago. It is fun. The founders benefits ( and elite benefits for a month ) come in handy.

If you don't mind playing with a crazy female gamer, drop me a Private message on here. I can give you the servers that I am currently on as well as my character names. :)

Game is pretty fun so far. All of the monster models are A LOT more menacing than what you can find in WoW. Very well done too. I'm still getting used to Left/Right Click for Attack/Roll as opposed to Camera/Interact. I do prefer WoW controls so far, but it may just be because I've been playing the game longer. I wish I waited to make a character though. Level 11-12 right now and that took maybe 3 hours or so. Not that bad, but I don't really want it to be for nothing. I would have waited in order to join the new server. It gets very laggy on the High-Population ones. Considering starting over still. You have to be level 40+ to transfer.

bread's done
Back