Teris DS High-Scores

Who's The Twitch Now?

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hey, put your best scores in whatever modes you play here... That's it.

Best in Standard - Marathon - Endless:

568 Lines.
Level 56.
1,336,944 points.
Play time: Approx. 43 minutes.

Opening move: Three Tetrises on 3 consecutive turns.

[quote name='banpeikun']Do you do the spin-pieces-at-the-bottom-while-you-think method?[/QUOTE]
You have to when you get to level 17 and above. The pieces literally appear at the bottom of the screen.

[quote name='undyingforce5']The game doesnt tell you how long you played?[/QUOTE]

No, but I know when I left one place, and when I got to another place, and then another 5 minutes or so.

And yeah, the spinning thing is cheap, but it really is impossible around the 20s, as they do, indeed, magically appear at the bottom. In actuality, I've never been THAT good at Tetris, but after 3 days of Tetris DS, the new features have helped me gain almost master status. So it's a great version for the novice, as well as the pro.

My highest score is exactly 2,830,000
I do not know my exact level and line count because the counters max out at 999 and 99 respectively.
As for time, I'm guessing about an hour and a half because I played while watching a movie.

whee.. i just broke my high score today.

Level 77 with 762 lines. score of 1,827,387

what is Tetris Score anyways? .. is that supposed to be your Skill level?

I just got to level 110...it blew my mind...I felt like my heart was going to blow up like those south korean guys...

Its was literally almost 2 hours long...whew

Wow, I'm really out of practice. After a month long ordeal to actually get the game, popped it in my DS last night, and... got killed at 130 lines in Marathon mode. It's definitely been a while since I played some old school Tetris.

My highest is 203614 and lvl 17 on Marathon. Forget how many lines that is... I guess around 170-180?

Also, I think we should start posting pics, cause I call bullshit on 1/2 of these.

i got from line 130 to 200 using the spinning trick, and i'm no tetris expert. assuming it doesn't get any faster (or even if it does, as long as you can still spin forever) i don't see why you couldn't continue it ad infinitum.

but what about high scores in mission and catch? you can't go forever in those.

i've got 509,287 on level 18 in mission marathon.
i've got 1,066,430 on level 15 in catch.

[quote name='banpeikun']i got from line 130 to 200 using the spinning trick, and i'm no tetris expert. assuming it doesn't get any faster (or even if it does, as long as you can still spin forever) i don't see why you couldn't continue it ad infinitum.

but what about high scores in mission and catch? you can't go forever in those.

i've got 509,287 on level 18 in mission marathon.
i've got 1,066,430 on level 15 in catch.[/quote]

I think you can do the spinning trick for less and less time as you level up.

For the first 50 or so game I couldnt even unlock marathon mode...then I finally breeched 200 lines...but then after that I kinda started getting better exponentially...trust me...you'll suddenly play one that just goes on and on, and sometimes its a matter of getting lucky with a certain piece you need to get when you screw up cuz of the speed.

i hope u guys are using the hold a piece button. that helps a ton. also there is a point where the game cannot go any faster and the lines stop counting after 999.

wheee... i beat my high score yesterday with 859 lines.

score of 2,038,623, though. i should really build more tetri (tetri being the plural of tetris)

[quote name='dyreschlock']wheee... i beat my high score yesterday with 859 lines.

score of 2,038,623, though. i should really build more tetri (tetri being the plural of tetris)[/quote]that would be a completely backward plural. I can't think of a single word that makes its plural form by removing the trailing 's'

[quote name='banpeikun']that would be a completely backward plural. I can't think of a single word that makes its plural form by removing the trailing 's'[/quote]

i'd rather say Tetri than Tetrises.. it's not in the dictionary, so it doesn't really matter.

All the words I know ending with -is that form irregular plurals become -es. They're mostly sis or xis endings though.

analysis -> analyses
axis -> axes
basis -> bases
crisis -> crises
diagnosis -> diagnoses
emphasis -> emphases
hypothesis -> hypotheses
neurosis -> neuroses
oasis -> oases
parenthesis -> parentheses
synopsis -> synopses
thesis -> theses