TES IV: Oblivion - (56.99 360 REG, 57.99 PC CE w/ free shipping) - Buy.com

dark_inchworm, if I end up ordering off of buy.com, which is VERY likely, I can get the PC collectors edition for 51.83 shipped. I owe you BIGTIME for pointing that promotional code on the front page.

To anyone who has a 5 dollar gift certificate to Buy.com...you can get 5 bucks off Oblivion, then apply the 5 dollar gift certificate you have and get the game for cheap (since shipping is also free).

Once again, thanks dark_inchworm!!!

I'm not seeing that coupon.

N/M found it, didn't scroll down enough.

$59.99 for the LE seems like a fair price. Same price as the Xbox tin/LE's.

nevermind, I was looking at the buy.com page and not CAG oops. Too bad I can't use my 10% off and the $5 off together.

Does Buy.com ship fast? I really want this by Wednesday the latest. Anyone with buy.comn pre-order experience let me know. Thanks.

Theres actually quite a few games with about 5 dollars off and free ship.

Edit: Is it letting anyone stack the $5 off $50 and free ship?

Mine showed up in the cart with free shipping automatically.

It's not an online game so I can wait until Friday/Saturday for their free shipping. I only "must have" big XBL titles on launch day.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Does Buy.com ship fast? I really want this by Wednesday the latest. Anyone with buy.comn pre-order experience let me know. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

They ship very fast if you live in CA (1-2 days), but that's because they have a warehouse here.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']dark_inchworm, if I end up ordering off of buy.com, which is VERY likely, I can get the PC collectors edition for 51.83 shipped. I owe you BIGTIME for pointing that promotional code on the front page.

To anyone who has a 5 dollar gift certificate to Buy.com...you can get 5 bucks off Oblivion, then apply the 5 dollar gift certificate you have and get the game for cheap (since shipping is also free).

Once again, thanks dark_inchworm!!![/QUOTE]

No problem. :) It might help to mention the coupon in the OP and subject too, if you wish.

Do take note that the coupon offer expires 3/31 and that it is (supposedly) for first-time shoppers.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']No problem. :) It might help to mention the coupon in the OP and subject too, if you wish.

Do take note that the coupon offer expires 3/31 and that it is (supposedly) for first-time shoppers.[/QUOTE]

They're such a disaster of a site though...I had only ordered one thing from them and it was the Battalion Wars glitch which had been CANCELLED...but they wouldn't let me use the coupon code even after I called in...their garbage "New Delhi-Mango Chutney" customer support was so disgustingly and offensibly incompetent that they ended up giving me another 5 dollar gift certificate...unfortunately, the first one won't be refunded for 1-2 business days...

I frickin give up with this site...10 free bucks and I'm not even interested in getting anything anymore...fucking buy.com

Thanks, I ordered one. Only other thing I've ordered from 'em was the Half-Life 2 collector's edition, and I got that in about 5 days using their free shipping. I hate to wait longer for Oblivion, but I figure a week of waiting is worth saving ten bucks. ($63 with tax in store)

What the hell, the coupon isnt working! Comon, i have been trying for like 10 mins now! Anyone know why, i realy want oblivion CE for $58!

Are there any other deals? Anyone?

I've had like 5 orders with Buy.com and 4 of them were great. The last one was a nightmare. They sent me the wrong items and then getting customer service to email me a prepaid shipping label where I had to drive the wrong package all the way to the UPS store. Then it took them about a couple weeks to give me back my money for the items they didn't ship me (it was for christmas so I had to get the items elsewhere in order to get them in time).

Just hope that buy.com gets your order right.

not sure why you're having trouble with the coupon. All you have to do is hit the Use Apply Coupon button (or whatever it says) and then add the item to your cart. Make sure your browser is accepting cookies.

[quote name='abhinav']What the hell, the coupon isnt working! Comon, i have been trying for like 10 mins now! Anyone know why, i realy want oblivion CE for $58!

Are there any other deals? Anyone?[/QUOTE]
It can't stack with free shipping. At least thats what happened with me.

[quote name='moojuice']It can't stack with free shipping. At least thats what happened with me.[/quote]
Still wont work for me, but doing non free shipping will just save me 60 cents, lol.
Crap i might just bite with the $5 credit i have but damnit this is annoying, it felt like i was getting a great deal, now this.
Any other deals? Anything? Where is that 10% off from?

[quote name='abhinav']Crap i might just bite with the $5 credit i have but damnit this is annoying.[/QUOTE]
Oh, the 5 dollar credit, nevermind. I thought you ment the coupon on the front page.

[quote name='moojuice']Oh, the 5 dollar credit, nevermind. I thought you ment the coupon on the front page.[/quote]

That coupon isnt working for me, even when i pay for shipping. I want to use both my credit and the coupon but it isnt working out.

[quote name='Swingman']I got an email that was 10% off. The coupon page says only to those that receive the email but you can try it.

http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=85625597&adid=17261&dcaid=17261

The $5 off thing said new customers only so that could be the issue with some people if you've ordered there before. I don't think the free shipping is an issue since it's not really a coupon.[/QUOTE]
You reminded me, I got that email from them a while ago too.
Looks like the same link to me.

[quote name='Swingman']I got an email that was 10% off. The coupon page says only to those that receive the email but you can try it.

The $5 off thing said new customers only so that could be the issue with some people if you've ordered there before. I don't think the free shipping is an issue since it's not really a coupon.[/QUOTE]

Many thanks friend! The link worked for me; total is $52.20! (PC Collecter's Ed) :)

[quote name='abhinav']That link works, i canceled my order. Now they better give my $5 store credit back or else....[/QUOTE]

I think I fell for the same mistake before; and they won't issue a re-credit...

1-877-780-2464

Buy.com's indian phone customer support. You can't even get that number off their site...they must be embarrassed by it.

Their damn solution to everything is a goddamn 5 dollar gift certificate, but I shouldn't complain based on how many they've given me over the last few days.

They told me it takes 24-72 business hours to refund a certificate used on a cancelled order, but I don't believe them. That said, I will wait till tonight to see if it does, because IF it does, I will have 15 dollars worth of gift certificates to use on Oblivion. Just hope it doesnt sell out or something...

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']1-877-780-2464

Buy.com's indian phone customer support. You can't even get that number off their site...they must be embarrassed by it.

Their damn solution to everything is a goddamn 5 dollar gift certificate, but I shouldn't complain based on how many they've given me over the last few days.

They told me it takes 24-72 business hours to refund a certificate used on a cancelled order, but I don't believe them. That said, I will wait till tonight to see if it does, because IF it does, I will have 15 dollars worth of gift certificates to use on Oblivion. Just hope it doesnt sell out or something...[/quote]

Thanks, i am gonna call them tommorow to get my money back. And since i am indian i should be ok. :roll:

[quote name='abhinav']Thanks, i am gonna call them tommorow to get my money back. And since i am indian i should be ok. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I've talked to at least 5 different reps. Its definitely an overseas operation. Just a heads up to people so they know they'll need to enunciate, thats all.

Son of a bitch my thing still isnt canceled! God damnit i have to call them tonight now stupid buy.com making my sentences run on now making me so angry.

Just to give everyone another option, you can get the regular 360 version for $44.99 shipped this week from CompUSA.

[quote name='Josef']Just to give everyone another option, you can get the regular 360 version for $44.99 shipped this week from CompUSA.[/quote]

Is this instore aswell?

[quote name='abhinav']Son of a bitch my thing still isnt canceled! God damnit i have to call them tonight now stupid buy.com making my sentences run on now making me so angry.[/QUOTE]
Well, they don't operate on weekends. I am trying to cancel mine as well, and I hope it gets canceled before Tuesday.

[quote name='moojuice']Well, they don't operate on weekends. I am trying to cancel mine as well, and I hope it gets canceled before Tuesday.[/quote]

Yeah they better have it done tommorow. Damnit then i have to get my money back.

My question is: What are the chances that the CompUSA site will 'restock' sometime before this pricepoint ends? And if so, when? Tomorrow (Thursday)? Friday?

I have multiple Best Buys within a reasonable drive to go to for price matching, but only one CompUSA in the area (apparently out of stock), and I don't want to deal with the headaches of a given Best Buy Customer Service rep on that given day giving me a hard time about a price match. It'd be sweet to get it from there on Friday, as I could get double Reward Zone points (w/coupon), but I'd ideally like to get it directly from CompUSA to eliminate the risk of being denied and the whole ordeal of standing at the Customer Service counter, holding everything up (you do HAVE TO go to the Service counter for price matching, right?).

This game is a no-brainer for $45, but I'm really on the fence about it for $60. The CompUSA sale is clearly a cheap trick to get people into the store and buy something--anything--for their troubles. I don't want to hear anything about them underestimating the game's popularity.

Well this has sure been odd. I canceled on Thursday, it said my order is canceled yeserday and my credit should be returned in 72 hours. Fine, i'm ok with that, but now i get a message saying that they couldnt cancel my order and it has shipped and i can turn it away when it gets here, etc etc. Well that was annoying as hell. Whatever, $63 shipped for the CE, i have given up with these guys, i'm probably never going to do buiness with them again but whatever.

I'm coming to the conclusion that Buy.com is pretty incompetent. Obviously this is the case based on the ordeal abhinav is going through with them, but here are some other examples I've noticed while waiting for Oblivion to ship.

First: They billed me immediately when I placed my order last week. Most of the sites I usually shop at don't bill until the item ships which means you can pre-order a game months in advance and you won't be billed until the game arrives in stock.

Second: Their website has no clue about the availability of the game. Since the game was released on the 21st, their availability for the PC Collector's Edition has said "On Order: Usually Ships in 1 to 2 Weeks". Now it says "In Stock: Usually Ships in 2 to 3 business days". But wait! The search page still says "On Order: Usually Ships in 1 to 2 Weeks". So what do I believe? Why isn't their system in sync? Why does one view show one thing and another view show another?

Third: I decided to subscribe to the "notify me when this item is in stock" alert for the PC CE version. When I click the link and confirm that I want to receive the email, it takes me back to the Oblivion product page. Now it says "In Stock: Usually Ships in 2 to 3 business days". If I log-out and then log back in, it'll go back to "On Order: Usually Ships in 1 to 2 Weeks". Just clicking that one link to sign up for the email notification causes the status to temporarily change.

Fourth: I didn't receive that email despite clicking the link multiple times today. The item's state has gone from the "On Order..." state to the "In Stock..." state for me tonight but I've not gotten any email saying it is now in stock. Either the game's not really in stock or their system is screwed up (I vote for both).

And like everybody else, my order status still says "Sent to Warehouse". I figure our order status will continue to stay that way for awhile and our copies of the game will just magically show up one day when we least expect it (Hopefully soon).

It's very unlikely I'll be shopping at this site again. The fact that as a customer I don't feel like I know anything about the status of my order or the availability of my item makes me very dissatisfied.

My order finally shipped. It's coming via UPS ground and is scheduled to be delivered on Friday (24th). Judging by the tracking information on it's location, I should have it Friday, too. You guys might want to check your order status' too and see if yours have gone out.

Mine also shipped. They shipped it with the gay USPS. First time Buy.com has ever shipped somthing to me by way of USPS. Its's gonna take extra long time to get to me since USPS takes freakin forever

Mine shipped USPS priority mail. USPS priority isn't too bad. I think it's 2-3 business days, but I've received stuff in as little as a day depending on where it's coming from.

bread's done
Back