Tetris Attack / Panel de Pon / Puzzle League

Hell yes!

I really like Meteos, but every time I play I just think "Damn I wish they'd make a DS version of Tetris Attack with touch screen controls".

this is one of my top 5 game of all time,

but touch screen??? I donno...

if you're hella good at this game (like me!) there are a lot of just frame swaps that can be performed.

a stylus aint gonna do it.

[quote name='aaandrewww']If they make this wifi my dreams have come true[/quote]

Thats really a necessity at this point. And the only thing that would make this a purchase for me. I have Tetris Attack on my snes, Pokemon Puzzle League on the N64, Panel De Pon import for the gamecube, which I can dl onto my GBA, and Panel De Pon/Dr. Mario for the GBA. How many more single player versions of the game do I need?

[quote name='JEKKI']this is one of my top 5 game of all time,

but touch screen??? I donno...

if you're hella good at this game (like me!) there are a lot of just frame swaps that can be performed.

a stylus aint gonna do it.[/QUOTE]

It's not bad. I have a knockoff on my Palm PDA and the touch screen works pretty well. It's actually faster some times--i.e. you can do a swap at the top of the stack and then one at the bottom faster than you can move the cursor from top to bottom with the d-pad.

[quote name='Puffa469']Thats really a necessity at this point. And the only thing that would make this a purchase for me. I have Tetris Attack on my snes, Pokemon Puzzle League on the N64, Panel De Pon import for the gamecube, which I can dl onto my GBA, and Panel De Pon/Dr. Mario for the GBA. How many more single player versions of the game do I need?[/QUOTE]
how do you dl to gba? is the dl version better than the barebones dr mario/pdp gba game (which i have)

[quote name='aaandrewww']If they make this wifi my dreams have come true[/quote]

It has WFC support according to IGN.

"The DS version adds a few elements to the mix, including the expected stylus-based controls. Just like Tetris, you'll be able to play against far off players thanks to included Wi-Fi support. With Puzzle de Pon, the multiplayer support is limited to 4 simultaneous players, although the included voice chat should keep things exciting. Nintendo is working some items into the multiplayer mode that promise to keep all players on their toes."

I never did get around to opening my Dr. Mario / Tetris Attack, and now I can just straight up sell it and wait for this.

Thanks Nintendo! Wi-Fi seals the deal!

[quote name='xplode427']how do you dl to gba? is the dl version better than the barebones dr mario/pdp gba game (which i have)[/quote]

If you have the Gamecube import Nintendo Puzzle Collection, it comes with a gamecube-gba link cable. You can DL any one of the games onto your gba, it stays in memory until you turn the power off. Its pretty bare bones, but it was better than nothing. I used to dl panel de pon onto my SP every morning before I left for work. I'd play it on the bus and just shut it off when I got to work.

The AI in Tetris Attack was enough for me. I don't need Wi-Fi support.

And even if I did play online, there would be two kinds of people: Noobs and those who play like a Level 8 CPU on Tetris Attack. I used to be pretty badass at this game, but nowhere near those dudes.

[quote name='Puffa469']If you have the Gamecube import Nintendo Puzzle Collection, it comes with a gamecube-gba link cable. You can DL any one of the games onto your gba, it stays in memory until you turn the power off. Its pretty bare bones, but it was better than nothing. I used to dl panel de pon onto my SP every morning before I left for work. I'd play it on the bus and just shut it off when I got to work.[/QUOTE]
thanks. i ordered it from the playasia sale. should be here soon.

[quote name='RollingSkull']And even if I did play online, there would be two kinds of people: Noobs and those who play like a Level 8 CPU on Tetris Attack. I used to be pretty badass at this game, but nowhere near those dudes.[/QUOTE]pffft....

level 8 sounds weak sauce...

a mad cat like JEKKI rolls like a level 88!!!

that's why when I play wifi my opponents all disconnect...

coz I send their asses back to the future!!!!

get it?!?!

level 88??

88mph?!?!?!

back to the future?!?!?!

hooooooo shit~!!!

I'm guessing you don't know what "88" stands for in internet speak?

...anyway, I just want this so I can hand asianxcore his ass in Panel de Pon / Tetris Attack no matter where he hides. :D

I suppose I'll buy this, since Tetris Attack is my absolute favorite puzzle game, but I really doubt it will be better than Tetris Attack on SNES. That game's story mode was epic, and it's really what I miss in the GBA rendition. There's nothing quite like playing through on the hardest setting to kick Bowser's ass in the end. That last battle is insane.

[quote name='Puffa469']Thats really a necessity at this point. And the only thing that would make this a purchase for me. I have Tetris Attack on my snes, Pokemon Puzzle League on the N64, Panel De Pon import for the gamecube, which I can dl onto my GBA, and Panel De Pon/Dr. Mario for the GBA. How many more single player versions of the game do I need?[/quote]

I feel your pain. If they make this multiplayer-friendly its over. I'm not digging the graphics though... what's up with the brick art?

[quote name='Blind the Thief']
...anyway, I just want this so I can hand asianxcore his ass in Panel de Pon / Tetris Attack no matter where he hides. :D[/QUOTE]

Callin' me out? :)

We need to get back to playing Pokemon Puzzle League (64) against each other. Damn Butterfree.

I've never played this. What is the difference between it and regular tetris? If it's as good as everyone says than I'll have to get it.
My dream is for Dr Mario to be released on ds with Wifi. I also want some scenario mode that you can send to friends to see if they can get out of jams.

well they are two completely different games.

The only reason it's called "Tetris Attack" is probably for marketing reasons in the US.

but Tetris finds its fun and addictiveness thru its simplicity and everlasting challenge.

Tetris Attack / Puzzle League / Panel de Pon on the other hand is an extremely deep and well crafted game that rewards the skill on the player. You need to always think ahead, as well as be able to swiftly execute commands. Furthermore there is a heavy multiplayer aspect involved

[quote name='JEKKI']pffft....

level 8 sounds weak sauce...

a mad cat like JEKKI rolls like a level 88!!!

that's why when I play wifi my opponents all disconnect...

coz I send their asses back to the future!!!!

get it?!?!

level 88??

88mph?!?!?!

back to the future?!?!?!

hooooooo shit~!!![/QUOTE]

Posting drunk? ;)

[quote name='asianxcore']Callin' me out? :)

We need to get back to playing Pokemon Puzzle League (64) against each other. Damn Butterfree.[/QUOTE]

Sabrina can kiss my ass.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I for one can say no... that's just the way JEKKI posts and I like it.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that. JEKI's one of our more...unique posters, but he rules.

This looks great, but I always found puzzle games to be better competing against yourself, so I might just get the Dr Mario / Puzzle League instead. So, to those who bought it, how does the GBA compilation compare to, say, Pokemon Puzzle League?

well for one the GBA version is smaller, i.e. the blocks are sized down to fit into the screen. You can actually play the game sideways to make the blocks appear proper, but it's more pain than it's worth.

I have only played Pokemon league with friends, and I always choose Misty coz she has staryu or starmi (HAYA~!!!) so I do not know about the kind of modes the game offers, or about its options.

but in comparison to SNES tetris attack, one noticeable difference was in the timed 2 minute mode, you play with only 5 color panels instead of 6.

That may affect your score depending on your skill as a player.

I also don't kno how the scoring has changed. I believe Pokemon league fixed a scoring issue that was in TA/PDP which dealt with chains reaching over 14. Unless they tweaked the scoring even more (like in the Gamecube puzzle collection), I would assume this game scores the same as Pokemon League.

o yeah, and there isnt any 3D mode in GBA version.

If you couldn't tell from asianxcore's comments, I always played as Ritchie. Sparky and Zippo were sweet, and there's nothing quite as exciting as screaming, "It's Happy hour!" whenever you bring out Happy the Butterfree.

Is there a release date yet? Gamespot says June 4th but I don't see a date anywhere else. I've been holding off buying a new game because I was planning on buying this soon.

Has anyone imported it? If so, could you give us some impressions?

It's coming out here as "Planet Puzzle League," and the 6/4 release date can be confirmed at a variety of sites if you search under that name. There are a couple import impressions here, here, and here.

bread's done
Back