Tetris DS for $30 shipped at FYE.com (preorder)

D. Monic

CAGiversary!
This is mostly for those with FYE store credit on a gift card (like me!), but it's an above average deal for anyone. At FYE.com, you can pre-order Tetris DS for $30 ($5 cheaper than most places) with free shipping.

http://shop.fye.com/product.aspx?sku=202235301&loc=50292&qu=tetris+ds

Not the world's greatest deal, but pretty darn good for FYE. Of course, knowing FYE, you might have to wait a few days beyond the release date before this ships. If that bothers you, look elsewhere.

BTW, they also have Resident Evil DS for $30 shipped, which ain't half bad either.

http://shop.fye.com/product.aspx?sku=202139569&loc=50292&qu=resident+deadly

At least it's a lot better than the $40 they charge for Super Princess Peach, Metroid Hunters, Pokemon Trozei, and a host of other DS games that have a price tag of $35 most everywhere else. FYE isn't exactly a deal haven, so the two deals above are a nice surprise, as meager as they may be.

I am definitely picking this up, but I wonder if there will be better pre-order deals on this. Perhaps I should hold out and wait, unless I could just cancel the order upon finding a better deal.

[quote name='Masterkyo']It'll drop down $20 after few months (remembered polarium) beside im not into tetris game ;)[/QUOTE]

Polarium wasn't published by Nintendo, and also didn't have Wifi connectivity.

I don't see this one dropping anytime soon, sadly, unless someone (Best Buy) has a sale on it, and I can knock other $5 off with a GGC.

This game really should be $20 max, I mean cmon, it's just Tetris.

Will the retail price be $30 or $35? Either way, it will be $30 tops at Best Buy with coupon. I'm waiting to find it for $25 though. The $10 coupon spoiled me for DS game prices.

[quote name='Rictor']Will the retail price be $30 or $35? Either way, it will be $30 tops at Best Buy with coupon. I'm waiting to find it for $25 though. The $10 coupon spoiled me for DS game prices.[/QUOTE]

$34.99 :(

I'm seeing it priced at $30 at most places. I'm pretty sure its MSRP is $30. Plus don't forget you're getting online play + 5 other modes in addition to regular Tetris. Can't say I'm that interested but it's by no means a rip off.

No matter how many modes it may have it's still Tetris to me. $19.99 seems to be a reasonable price... $29.99/$34.99 would be fine "if" it had some kickass unlockables like classic NES titles.

If the reviews are "really really good" then i'll probably pick it up for this price. Otherwise i'll have to let Super Princess and Metroid hold me over until then :).

>Polarium wasn't published by Nintendo, and also didn't have Wifi connectivity

I believe Polarium was Nintendo Published...

[quote name='Crocodile']I'm seeing it priced at $30 at most places. I'm pretty sure its MSRP is $30. Plus don't forget you're getting online play + 5 other modes in addition to regular Tetris. Can't say I'm that interested but it's by no means a rip off.[/QUOTE]
Hmmm. You might be right. EB and Gamestop list it at $35, but Amazon/TRU, Walmart.com, and BestBuy.com currently list it at $30.

I'll wait for the reviews. It's using the Tetris Worlds rules with the UNLIMITED SPIN. I'll wait.

Yea, it was supposed to be budget, so I don't know what "budget" is. I thought it was $19.99.

[quote name='D. Monic']Hmmm. You might be right. EB and Gamestop list it at $35, but Amazon/TRU, Walmart.com, and BestBuy.com currently list it at $30.[/quote]

This seems to be common practice at EB and GS now on GBA/DS games. I really want Drill Dozer and have credit at EB, but they are selling it for $35 while everyone else (besides GS) sells it for $30. It may only be $5, but pricing a game over MSRP is lame.

If I can find a damn GGC at BB, I'll pick up Tetris, otherwise I'll wait for some kind of deal, or find it used. I don't think we're going to see too many WFC enabled games for less than $35 considering that Nintendo is eating the costs so $30 is actually a pretty good deal.

Thanks OP! I just ordered one. My total cost for the game was $13.73. Rise Of Kasai $5 at Best Buy got me $11.25 today in FYE.

[quote name='UncleBob']>Polarium wasn't published by Nintendo, and also didn't have Wifi connectivity

I believe Polarium was Nintendo Published...[/QUOTE]
Yeah it was. And besides Tetris is A LOT more popular then Polarium. So i wouldnt compare a price drop on the game to Tetris.

Yeah, I preordered tetris through overstock. Between them and newegg, I'm out nearly a hundred bucks this month through ds games alone.

I'm fine waiting because I feel pretty confident that at least one b&m store will have a deal at least this good that week if nothing better pops up.

yeah, pre-ordering it off overstock.com is about $4 cheaper. use the 10% off and free shipping trick off the Overstock.com Deal o the Day thread and it's about $26 shipped.

[quote name='hopeunknown']yeah, pre-ordering it off overstock.com is about $4 cheaper. use the 10% off and free shipping trick off the Overstock.com Deal o the Day thread and it's about $26 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Yup, just ordered from there. $26.86 to be exact.

[quote name='SaMiDaDrAgOn']Yup, just ordered from there. $26.86 to be exact.[/quote]
Thanks for the Overstock tips. :)
I was gonna just wait for a price drop since i've just bought a few DS games yesterday and today. It's not going to get much cheaper after tax than this and besides i'd rather give Overstock my money instead of Best Buy any day while saving a couple bucks at the same time.

BTW mine was only $25.46, you forgot to back your browser up and enter the free shipping code. It was only $1.40 so that's not a big deal, surprised they don't charge tax i've never bought from them before....

[quote name='$hady']Thanks for the Overstock tips. :)
I was gonna just wait for a price drop since i've just bought a few DS games yesterday and today. It's not going to get much cheaper after tax than this and besides i'd rather give Overstock my money instead of Best Buy any day while saving a couple bucks at the same time.

BTW mine was only $25.46, you forgot to back your browser up and enter the free shipping code. It was only $1.40 so that's not a big deal, surprised they don't charge tax i've never bought from them before....[/QUOTE]

I didnt even think about doin that, oh well.

The overstock deal saved me about 4 bucks. I just wish I could find a similar deal for that "other" game, Metroid Prime Hunters.

-edit- Nevermind, they have metroid for 33.94. After the coupon it comes to 30.55.

ahhh crap, i entered both coupons codes by doing the backtracking thing, but it only picked up one of them. I clicked the order through before i noticed......my $1.40!!!!!

thanks for the deal

bread's done
Back