Tetris Evolution discussion thread.

Link, if you need the 100 games achievement in Tetris, just play Marathon with the full # of filler lines and press Up repeatedly to drop your pieces. You'll finish a game in 1 second.... then about 15-20 seconds for the game to save (argh!) and you can do it again.

Hey Matt! I do post a little here, usually in the game deals forum.

Well, it's like Lumines in that it allows you to pick a variety of different skins and player icons. I don't see a whole lot of similarities beyond that.

[quote name='Mister Switch']does the game support the vision cam during multiplayer?[/quote]

nope, would be cool though..

i just picked this up yesterday and it's pretty decent for a budget title.

[quote name='captmurphy']This game really seems like it should be on XBLA.[/quote]
Only to compare this to Lumines, which if you want the full game on XBLA would cost you more than $30 for all modes.

This game has more modes, crapload of things to configure (backgrounds, avatars, music). As well as the promise of downloadable content (that I can't see myself buying). The fact that you get all this on a physical disc that you can resell, makes it better that you have to buy it rather than get it on pieces on XBLA.

So far I got about 540 points, so the achievements aren't that bad!

I just need to conquer Marathon mode really..I also need to know how to do t-spins and a t-spin to get 2 lines? I don't quite understand that..

And how the hell do you get 3 Tetris' in a row?! I did the back to back..but..3 in a row?! That's SICK..AND..is all about luck!

t-spin is when you take the T piece and put it in a spot where it wouldn't fit normally unless you 'spin' it.

Tds-t-spin-TTIJ%28T%29.gif

about the achievement with the long piece. that is semi-luck. the way i did it, is have a long piece ready in your 'hold' space (when you hit the 'l' or 'r' button), then keep building up all the pieces till it looks like you can get 3 tetris in a row (at least 12 rows up of course)... at that point, you have to get at least one long piece, another whatever piece, and another long piece in a row. that way you can get a tetris, use the one you have in the 'hold' space, and then get that last tetris.

if you need any further help, i suggest signing up @ http://www.achieve360points.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=239 and asking around. good forums there for this sort of thing (360 games only of course)

Oh, T-Spins are easy now lol
Thanks, I got both of them achievements.

That Go Low is hard! Well, especially for the achievements since you really do need to keep the first line cleared! :(

Can anyone who has this game tell me if it's worth the $30 or if I should just stick with my emulator?
Big tetris fan btw.

Man I am still at 595/1000 with this game. I just hate that Marathon ends after level 15..wish it just kept on going .. :(

i need help with the 2 online achievements. so if anyone has about and extra 10 mins hit me up and we can boost so i can get those 2. i will in return boost you on smash tv or gauntlet arcade :)

[quote name='lilboo']No shit? I'll have to check that out! Thanks![/QUOTE]

i'm pretty sure that's the one

i sold the game so i dunno for sure, but it gives you 600 lines instead of 150

too bad there's no endless option

\\:D/

Completed the Marathon silver, gold and platinum today! Woo hoo! I forgot the 500,000 points in marathon was wroth 75 points. That was very nice to see :)

I have 8 more to go! I have to get that one achievement of clearing 40 lines in under 2:00 .. ugh. Getting that "Dirty South Back to back" achievement is just weird! That's ALL about luck and NOT skill. I also gotta do that 8 cascades..siiigh! This should of been about scores & online..not these silly tricks LOL

Oh yeah, you better believe I'm posting in a thread last posted in during May.

Just wanted to write a post mortem on this game for those that might be interested for the achievements or its cheap price. I really enjoyed this game and I know Tetris Splash will likely get the bulk of the attention now, but the achievements give you defined goals, which I really enjoy in Tetris. Tetris DS is probably my favorite DS game and though the 360 control pad isn't as precise as the DS pad, this was similar to that I think.

Plus, I was pleasantly surprised to find people still playing this online (ranked matches, not player matches).

I hit 1000/1000 on achievements last night, so I'll likely Goozex it or trade it in the next time a bonus deal rolls around, but just wanted to put in my two cents for a game some might have overlooked, especially now that it's at a point in its life cycle where it can probably be picked up super cheap.

Well, a lot more people are going to be playing Splash online, and it's 6 player over Evolution's 4 players. But Evolution of course has way more modes and such (even if most of them suck).

I picked this up at target the other day for 15 bucks.. Haven't opened it yet and reviews say it is so so. I already have the Live Arcade version. Does Evoultion have anything to make it worth keeping?

As I said in the Evolution thread, I'm a big Tetris fan and picked this up through Goozex for not many points and I really enjoyed it. It has an achievement list that is attainable and there are still people that play this online. It's Tetris with modes thrown in that should be pretty familiar to anyone with an old Tetris cart or Tetris DS.

I enjoyed it and it's one of my 1000/1000 games. You can always Goozex it after you're done.

definitely worth keeping. online is still very active. achievements depend how good you are, but you'll definitely get an easy 500-600 achievement points.

bread's done
Back