Tetris Standup Arcade

dsreptiles

CAGiversary!
Well it was the yearly Garage Sale weekend where I live and ran across a stand up Tetris arcade machine. The wiring/screen/ and cabinent were in good shape, and it was only 30.00 so I had to buy it. But I was wondering if any other PCB/jamma boards fit in it. I know it's got to be a small few/boring games since it's only got one button, but I'm having a brain freeze on if any games I've played in the past will fit.

[quote name='dsreptiles']Well it was the yearly Garage Sale weekend where I live and ran across a stand up Tetris arcade machine. The wiring/screen/ and cabinent were in good shape, and it was only 30.00 so I had to buy it. But I was wondering if any other PCB/jamma boards fit in it. I know it's got to be a small few/boring games since it's only got one button, but I'm having a brain freeze on if any games I've played in the past will fit.[/QUOTE]

That's so awesome! One man's trash is another man's treasure.

How long do you think it will take to fix up before you are gaming on it?

If it is a Jamma cabinet, you can buy a 48-in-1 that has games like Frogger, Donkey Kong, BurgerTime, Ms. Pac-Man, Space Invaders and all that jazz. It is a simple plug-n-play. Unplug the Tetris, plug in the 48-in-1, and play the games. All of the games are 1 joystick, 1 button games. Make sure you get the more expensive 48-in-1 PCB though. The cheap version is crap and will get fried easily.

I just checked back thanks for the info. It worked right away which is why I bought it. The only thing was there was white pain all over the cabinent and the marquee was missing. I repainted the sides and I've moved since then so I've finally got it ready to get the 48-1.

But yeah I know these scores are tough to find. I've waited my whole life to find a local pretty much trying to trash his working stand up arcade game of any kind. Worst part is I've known the guy for ages and never knew he had this thing collecting dust in his basement.

[quote name='javeryh']I'd also like to see pics. $30 is an insane deal - I'd pay that much for just the empty cabinet. I've never played the Tengen version of Tetris other than the version released on the NES. The best version of Tetris is the Atari version: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10081[/QUOTE]

Thats the version he bought I think. Tengen was just the home port of the Atari arcade version I thought.

Thats the version I was talking about as my favorite anyway.

[quote name='Puffa469']Thats the version he bought I think. Tengen was just the home port of the Atari arcade version I thought.

Thats the version I was talking about as my favorite anyway.[/QUOTE]

Oh - the NES version is way different than the arcade version published by Atari so that's why I was a little confused (NES ports of arcade games were inferior most of the time).

bread's done
Back