That Triple E3 2008 Thread

I thought Sony had the best conference since they actually focused (mostly) on well...games!

Still, none of the conferences were great though.

Wins? How so?

If anything it goes MS>Sony>Nintendo, which is surprising since I thought MS's show was weak, and I thought either other company could trump it easily but they didn't. They failed.

[quote name='zewone']Wins? How so?

If anything it goes MS>Sony>Nintendo, which is surprising since I thought MS's show was weak, and I thought either other company could trump it easily but they didn't. They failed.[/QUOTE]

MS had that no name, no talent woman singing for LIPS, and also we can't forget the movie thing.

Yeah...those are things I just want to forget.

[quote name='whoknows']MS had that no name, no talent woman singing for LIPS, and also we can't forget the movie thing.

Yeah...those are things I just want to forget.[/QUOTE]

True. But atleast they had developers come out and talk about the games and play most of them. Sony had trailers, until the end.

sony showed more exclusives and alot of third party games. i think someone should MAKE A LIST! I like sony the most because it wasn't as boring and i liked the set up they had. Also that fat guy has a funny voice. I was very disappointed we didn't see KAZ and ludacris

kazandludacris3bw8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, here it comes.

My dick's bigger!
No, my dick's bigger and now features the giant balls you used to think were just yours!
My dick got a 1" extension and some cute animals!

Ger'off it, kids.

I enjoyed microsoft, and sony. I didn't enjoy nintendo at all... That was the worst conference I have ever seen. Microsoft's was better because they showed gameplay. I could care less about final fantasy. I'm more interested in gears of war 2, and god of war 3. :D

I really hope Sony releases at least a couple of demos from E3 on the PSN this week. Playing that same level from Resistance or a Little Big Planet level would be awesome.

[quote name='mykevermin']No, my dick's bigger and now features the giant balls you used to think were just yours![/quote]

I just clicked unsubscribe but I'm glad I didn't miss this.

[quote name='zewone']Final Fantasy XIII vs. nothing vs. Animal Crossing Wii

Plus, Jack Tretton sucks hard.[/quote]

Agreed on Tretton, but since FFXIII is also PS3-bound, I'm not sure it's that big of a deal.

I think the biggest news is Sony keeping pace with Microsoft with price movement - $399 80gb PS3 w/bluray but no BC versus $349 60gb Xbox360. I wonder why Sony wouldn't also throw-in a pack-in game just to be on the safe side, maybe that Ratchet & Clank expansion.

I'd imagine Gametrailers will have all the conferences eventually, or if you are a pay member Gamespot or IGN probably sooner. Honestly if it wasn't on G4 in the middle of the day on a Monday & Tuesday I wouldn't have watched any of them.

Honestly, I think the Sony conference wouldn't have been that bad if Tretton didn't feel obligated to give an oral dissertation on every little thing. Who cares if Jack Palance did push-ups on the stage of the theater or Keifer Sutherland won an award there?

[quote name='zewone']It's big news for MS. FF13 is huge.[/quote]

I don't think FF13 is that big, I think more FPS fans own 360's then RPG players.

The 360 + Live cost the same as the upgraded PS3 so I think they are even on prices. I could see them packing in a PSN card too which would be nice.

I enjoyed Sony's presentation more than I did Microsofts. If anything, it's impressive to see someone try to tackle a game that will support 256 simultanious users.

[quote name='NamPaehc']I don't think FF13 is that big, I think more FPS fans own 360's then RPG players.

The 360 + Live cost the same as the upgraded PS3 so I think they are even on prices. I could see them packing in a PSN card too which would be nice.[/QUOTE]

I like FPSs and RPGs. You don't have to be stuck to one genre.

[quote name='zewone']That's great. I live in America and I don't have to buy another PS3 to play FFXIII, I could give a shit about Japan.[/quote]
Why would you need 2 PS3s to play FFXIII??? And the irony of that statement is that you are clamoring for FFXIII which is a Japanese RPG yet you could give a shit about Japan.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Why would you need 2 PS3s to play FFXIII??? And the irony of that statement is that you are clamoring for FFXIII which is a Japanese RPG yet you could give a shit about Japan.[/QUOTE]

I suspect he bought a PS3 for MGS4, finished the game, and then sold it.

Which explains part of the reason why he's so stoked FFXIII is coming to 360: downloading an .iso is much, much easier than paying for your software.

[quote name='Theduck']Thats the spirit.[/quote]
LOL, I've never understood this yearly "E3 winning" thing. How does one win? Is there a point tally, a vote, or some other sort of measuring system that can numerically dictate one conference superior to another?

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Why would you need 2 PS3s to play FFXIII??? And the irony of that statement is that you are clamoring for FFXIII which is a Japanese RPG yet you could give a shit about Japan.[/QUOTE]

I sold my other three PS3s is why I would have to buy another.

Me caring about Japanese developed games doesn't mean I care how well a system sells in Japan.

Though Sony began really slow and boring (I went to go get lunch in the middle of it) they did show some nice stuff at the end. I wasn't very impressed with M$ but I did like some of the more casual stuff with the online game shows. As far as games go, I was more interested in what Sony had to off for the PS3.

Talking about your piracy doesn't come packaged with "N-Gage won this year's E3!" or any of that tripe.

That said, I do honestly believe that part of the reason you stay so attached to your 360 and go through PS3s like Liz Taylor went through husbands is because you actually have to buy your PS3 software legally, and that doesn't sit well with you.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']LOL, I've never understood this yearly "E3 winning" thing. How does one win? Is there a point tally, a vote, or some other sort of measuring system that can numerically dictate one conference superior to another?[/quote]

Oh, I'm just pissing zewone off.

The reason, if any, that FFXIII is still pretty big news is that at least for the foreseeable future, if you want to play all 4 next-gen Square-Enix RPGs, you'll need an Xbox 360. That is a huge turn around. I mean, even when it looked like the 360 was getting Star Ocean and Infinite Undsicovery exclusively and The Last Remnant first, people said "well, FFXIII is still a PS3 exclusive". Now that is no longer the case. So until Versus & KH3 hit, 360 is (unbelievably) the place to get Square Enix games.

Partly, but even if I could get games for free on PS3 I probably still wouldn't keep it around. Blu-Rays don't interest me and neither does Sony's lineup (aside from a few, like MGS4, FFXIII (which is no longer the case), LBP, and GOW3).

Those games are few and far between and Sony hasn't shown me enough to make me want to keep a PS3.

[quote name='Theduck']Oh, I'm just pissing zewone off.[/QUOTE]

You're not.

You're entitled to your opinion; I have no say in what systems you keep or sell.

But I'd like to think of you as a bit savvier than to get involved in the smarmy geek laden prick-waving sissybattle over who had the better shitting press conference.

Perhaps I'm wrong about that.

I was actually trying to have a discussion about it, but I think I picked the wrong forum.

I thought everyone here was old enough to actually discuss it rather than start throwing out "My dick's bigger" bullshit.

[quote name='mykevermin']Talking about your piracy doesn't come packaged with "N-Gage won this year's E3!" or any of that tripe.

That said, I do honestly believe that part of the reason you stay so attached to your 360 and go through PS3s like Liz Taylor went through husbands is because you actually have to buy your PS3 software legally, and that doesn't sit well with you.[/quote]

I believe this. A lot of my friends who own 360s don't even have any legit software on it. Plus not needing a modchip made the 360 almost as easy to pirate as the Dreamcast.

[quote name='zewone']Partly, but even if I could get games for free on PS3 I probably still wouldn't keep it around. Blu-Rays don't interest me and neither does Sony's lineup (aside from a few, like MGS4, FFXIII (which is no longer the case), LBP, and GOW3).

Those games are few and far between and Sony hasn't shown me enough to make me want to keep a PS3.

You're not.[/quote]

I find it funny that you're talking about games, but there's so much overlap this console generation that it might as well be called the PS360. Aside from a game here or there, both systems are essentially the same.

I disagree but if I give reasons, I'll just have to argue more with the internets. So, I'll say:

You're wrong and I'm done.

[quote name='graf1k']The reason, if any, that FFXIII is still pretty big news is that at least for the foreseeable future, if you want to play all 4 next-gen Square-Enix RPGs, you'll need an Xbox 360. That is a huge turn around. I mean, even when it looked like the 360 was getting Star Ocean and Infinite Undsicovery exclusively and The Last Remnant first, people said "well, FFXIII is still a PS3 exclusive". Now that is no longer the case. So until Versus & KH3 hit, 360 is (unbelievably) the place to get Square Enix games.[/QUOTE]

So really, Star Ocean and Infinite Undiscovery are going to stay exclusive? S-E isn't going to be loyal to anyone... hell, even KH is up for a 360 appearance. Its all about money for them.

[quote name='zewone']I disagree but if I give reasons, I'll just have to argue more with the internets. So, I'll say:

You're wrong and I'm done.[/quote]

I expect that kind of tomfoolery from 360 owners.

[quote name='jman619']I enjoyed microsoft, and sony. I didn't enjoy nintendo at all... That was the worst conference I have ever seen. Microsoft's was better because they showed gameplay. I could care less about final fantasy. I'm more interested in gears of war 2, and god of war 3. :D[/QUOTE]

Gameplay is a big difference. Remember the Killzone Trailer......man how excited everyone got (including me) and where is it? I am wary of anyone that shows trailer only spots as it likely means the game has a loooong way to go yet.

[quote name='Thomas96']So really, Star Ocean and Infinite Undiscovery are going to stay exclusive? S-E isn't going to be loyal to anyone... hell, even KH is up for a 360 appearance. Its all about money for them.[/quote]

I'm not saying that they are a sure thing to stay exclusive, but you could theoretically make that argument about any and every game. Honestly, the fact that the 360 is even getting 3 of the 4 first is big news. Hell, it'd be big news just that the 360 got them period a couple years ago.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Watch the 1up Show last week and see the gameplay footage they had.[/quote]

Well that is Killzone 2 footage almost 3 full years (or is it just 2?) since the all-CG Killzone 2 trailer so while Killzone 2 seems to look pretty good, it was still a big time gap between the CG trailer and the final product. Same with FFXIII it seems. They've basically shown the same footage for the last 3 years, 95% of which is all CG even now and the game still doesn't even have a launch window. That said, we'll probably be enjoying God of War 3 Fall/Winter 2009.

bread's done
Back