That Triple E3 2008 Thread

[quote name='willardhaven']Paco are you the guy who dated the little Asian girl?[/quote]

I was technically legally blind in my defense good sir.

PS3 did well in june as expected... but how can Sony keep up the sales? cause most of this year they've outsold MS (by a slim margin)... Madden 09 [it killed the dreamcast!] Sony needs to market Madden for their console, like crazy, Madden 08 PS2 out sold the 360 version, and the PS3 version wasn't that far behing the 360 version. fuck bundling the PSP w/ madden bundle the PS3 w/ Madden for a limited time. Madden can move some consoles, but you've got to flaunt it for your console. And for goodness sakes, sponsor some Madden events, lets see NFL players playing Madden on a PS3 console... not a 360. You win madden you win the war!

[quote name='Thomas96']PS3 did well in june as expected... but how can Sony keep up the sales? cause most of this year they've outsold MS (by a slim margin)... Madden 09 [it killed the dreamcast!] Sony needs to market Madden for their console, like crazy, Madden 08 PS2 out sold the 360 version, and the PS3 version wasn't that far behing the 360 version. fuck bundling the PSP w/ madden bundle the PS3 w/ Madden for a limited time. Madden can move some consoles, but you've got to flaunt it for your console. And for goodness sakes, sponsor some Madden events, lets see NFL players playing Madden on a PS3 console... not a 360. You win madden you win the war![/quote]

I have hope that LBP is going to push consoles. Everything written about it seems to imply that it lives up to the hype and more. Also what better marketing campaign than one made entirely with the game engine (which can then be released as downloadable content).

LBP also has the best hope of making it onto the Today show, which I'm willing to bet has played a large part in the continuing Wii success. Imagine featuring some kids showing off their own levels on the show, parents will flood the stores.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']Okay, guys, who started Paco? He's just too crazy to be real.[/quote]

He's the one who started it. But internet drama is just so fun.

[quote name='Thomas96']PS3 did well in june as expected... but how can Sony keep up the sales? cause most of this year they've outsold MS (by a slim margin)... Madden 09 [it killed the dreamcast!] Sony needs to market Madden for their console, like crazy, Madden 08 PS2 out sold the 360 version, and the PS3 version wasn't that far behing the 360 version. fuck bundling the PSP w/ madden bundle the PS3 w/ Madden for a limited time. Madden can move some consoles, but you've got to flaunt it for your console. And for goodness sakes, sponsor some Madden events, lets see NFL players playing Madden on a PS3 console... not a 360. You win madden you win the war![/quote]

360 is the console for the Madden Challenge, but even without that, I don't think there's much Sony can do with Madden. Maybe with the new FIFA, which apparently has an exclusive mode for PS3.

[quote name='willardhaven']Well, I'm pretty sure Xbox 360 has the most exclusives and the most multi-platform games.
[/quote]

This made me laugh.

Also, Vampire Rain is coming to the ps3.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']This made me laugh.

Also, Vampire Rain is coming to the ps3.[/QUOTE]

Not that anyone cares or should care.

Sure, there's a chance it could be turned into a decent game (like what happened with Fatal Inertia), but I'm not expecting anything.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']This made me laugh.

[/quote]

I meant games that might be on PC or Wii are more likely to be on 360 than on PS3.

That is all.

[quote name='willardhaven']I meant games that might be on PC or Wii are more likely to be on 360 than on PS3.

That is all.[/quote]

That may have been true in 2006-2007 but it isn't now. Though you're right there is more so called exclusives "due to age" that the 360 has that aren't profitable to port anymore.

[quote name='primetime']360 is the console for the Madden Challenge, but even without that, I don't think there's much Sony can do with Madden. Maybe with the new FIFA, which apparently has an exclusive mode for PS3.[/QUOTE]

So there's no changing that? I think that's part of what Sony needs, but hey, if they advertise good, then it'll still be just as beneficial. The main thing is to get the hardcore Madden PS2 fanbase to pick up Madden and a PS3. To me its a psychological thing, Sony needs to associate all games with their platforms. 360 has had a commercial for almost every big game on their system.

What sony needs to do is get Ken Kutarugi back. He's a living legend. Bigger then Itagaki, Bigger then Gabe, and even more bigger then Blizzard. With Ken, you can never be bored.

[quote name='Thomas96']prediction - Gears of War 2 on PS3, and I think after the Final Fantasy announcement, I'd like to see God of War 3 photage.. there's going to be some sort of GOW going on at Sony's E3 event.. that's my prediction.[/quote]

Gears of War 2 will never go to the PS3... cause of the loyality that they have with M$

then again, God of War 3 should help, but i doubt that they have anything to show yet...

[quote name='snakelda']Maybe Sony needs to advertise FIFA and Pro Evolution in Europe since that's their "Madden".[/quote]

Sony is already winning in Europe as I understand it. MS is only ahead in the US now, and that's starting to shrink (PS3 is winning YTD even without the MGS4 bump)

If Insomniac ever decided to jump to 360 I would never consider a PS3.

As it stands I think both platforms have their advantages to me:

PS3 vs. Xbox 360
good controller vs. not so good controller
Insomniac and MGS 4 vs. Tri-Ace

It's not very clear-cut for me, so I'll be waiting for a while.

[quote name='ogbaka']Gears of War 2 will never go to the PS3... cause of the loyality that they have with M$

then again, God of War 3 should help, but i doubt that they have anything to show yet...[/QUOTE]

yeah, well enjoy your MGS4 on 360, and your FFXIII, on 360 too... damn... can I get my gears now! I'll bargin with you, I'll take Gears 3,

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='willardhaven']If Insomniac ever decided to jump to 360 I would never consider a PS3.

As it stands I think both platforms have their advantages to me:

PS3 vs. Xbox 360
good controller vs. not so good controller
Insomniac and MGS 4 vs. Tri-Ace

It's not very clear-cut for me, so I'll be waiting for a while.[/quote]

Honestly neither controller wins. They're both suited towards different types of gaming.

Though I find it weird that you say Insomniac and MGS. Shouldn't that be Konami? And I'd get rid of Tri-Ace and substitute them for Remedy. Remedy is a hell of a lot better bet then Tri-Ace after that turd sandwich they dished out called Star Ocean 3

I'm talking about my preferences.

The only games I want on PS3 are MGS 4 and Ratchet.

The only games I want on Xbox 360 are Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean 4.

I'm excluding multi-platform games.

[quote name='willardhaven']I'm talking about my preferences.

The only games I want on PS3 are MGS 4 and Ratchet.

The only games I want on Xbox 360 are Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean 4.

I'm excluding multi-platform games.[/quote]

Alan wake actually is exclusive though. And there's no word on Star Ocean 4 being exclusive. Square said ONE exclusive "Infinite Undiscovery" SO4 will be ported eventually. But I'm not holding much hope for it unless they pull off a miracle after destroying Star Ocean 3 and to a lesser degree Valkyrie Profile 2 "from what I'm told"

But yeah it's cool to have your own preferences.

I just wish the online multiplayer were a little bit better for some of the games. I have both systems and by far it's much easier to get a group of friends on my list to play together than it is on the PS3. Plus with everyone on 360 having a headset by default, it makes it more enjoyable. I am however glad to hear that they are trying to make the PSN IDs more universal. However, I'm sure I'll still have to keep track of multiple sign in names for different games.

[quote name='Paco']
Though I find it weird that you say Insomniac and MGS. Shouldn't that be Konami?[/quote]

Shouldn't that be Atlus?

The next Megaten game, along with a new Persona will pretty much get me to buy any console it's on.

bread's done
Back