The 2008-2009 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There really aren't any other things that can be done at this point though.

I would really like to see someone dunk the ball and catch the ball and dunk it again, or maybe even do the spider upside down down thing.

Also, Nate stepping on that guys back was lame.

[quote name='Filbert']
Now I missed Fernandez's second dunk and only saw the replay after he got it, but I thought he deserved (at that point) to advance over Nate.[/QUOTE]

He ran out of time, and only made it after they decided to give him one more chance. I guess why they made the decision to put Nate over him.

I go to ASU....been around Phoenix for the past couple of days....

Ron Artest = Nice guy, very polite.

Allen Iverson = Dick,cunt,$$$$$$,douche.

West of course, got Amare and Shaq out there reppin the Suns.

Only time (well Olympics as well) that you'll see me rooting for Kobe or Duncan. :lol:

The West won

Maybe the East should get some big men they can depend on besides Howard...KG

West had O'neal, Duncan, Gasol, Dirk, Yao, Stoudemire...

Its been pretty close since 2000 not, West has won 6 times and the east 3

In the 90s it was split 4/4 since there was no game in 1999.

Looks like no one has won more then 2 MVPs, Kobe got it this year that's 3 for him. Jordan had 2, Shaq had 2, Lebron 2, and Karl Malone had 2. Interesting that A.I. won two mvps and Duncan did as well.

[quote name='kube00']Looks like no one has won more then 2 MVPs, Kobe got it this year that's 3 for him. Jordan had 2, Shaq had 2, Lebron 2, and Karl Malone had 2. Interesting that A.I. won two mvps and Duncan did as well.[/quote]I think Shaq also has 3 as does Jordan. Pettit has the most with 4 though, all of which they mentioned in the post-game interview with Kobe and Shaq.

Dunk Contest was obviously fixed. Dwight got a 50 for his first dunk? Nate Robinson was already running back to the locker room to change for the final round before he even knew he got second place? The Krypto-nate dunk was amazing, don't get me wrong, but the NBA could've done way better job of hiding the fact that they wanted a Robinson/Howard final.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Dunk Contest was obviously fixed. Dwight got a 50 for his first dunk? Nate Robinson was already running back to the locker room to change for the final round before he even knew he got second place? The Krypto-nate dunk was amazing, don't get me wrong, but the NBA could've done way better job of hiding the fact that they wanted a Robinson/Howard final.[/quote]I agree, but really, the dunk contest isn't anything to take seriously. It's more "Harlem Globetrotters" at this point anyway.

[quote name='Mad D']
3115f7fcc9605ec7daf722f5c468c0aa-getty-83008114mw014_sprite_slam_d.jpg

Without the theatrics these past couple years the dunk contest would be boring.[/quote]Howard was a great sport for agreeing to that. *thumbs up*

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I think Shaq also has 3 as does Jordan. Pettit has the most with 4 though, all of which they mentioned in the post-game interview with Kobe and Shaq.[/quote]

LeBron and Kobe need to let other people shoot. There is a reason why Shaq and Michael only got their 3rd All-Star MVP late into their careers (late thirties), because they let the other All-Stars have their moment to shine throughout their long careers.

Kobe having 3 by age 30 and LeBron having 2 by age 23 isn't as impressive as it sounds, especially when they hoisted 25% of their team's shots.

[quote name='Kendro']LeBron and Kobe need to let other people shoot. There is a reason why Shaq and Michael only got their 3rd All-Star MVP late into their careers (late thirties), because they let the other All-Stars have their moment to shine throughout their long careers.

Kobe having 3 by age 30 and LeBron having 2 by age 23 isn't as impressive as it sounds, especially when they hoisted 25% of their team's shots.[/QUOTE]

That really annoyed me. Kobe had 10 shots in the first quarter alone. Chris Paul had the 2nd most shots on the team with 14, and that was for the entire game. I was rooting for CP3 to get the MVP, but I knew he wouldn't. He had 14 assists to go along with his 14 points, 7 rebounds, and 3 steals.

[quote name='Kendro']LeBron and Kobe need to let other people shoot. There is a reason why Shaq and Michael only got their 3rd All-Star MVP late into their careers (late thirties), because they let the other All-Stars have their moment to shine throughout their long careers.

Kobe having 3 by age 30 and LeBron having 2 by age 23 isn't as impressive as it sounds, especially when they hoisted 25% of their team's shots.[/quote]

I think part of it is the one-upmanship going on between Kobe and Lebron. Not only do they want to be better than each other, but the league and a lot of fans want to see them trying to outdo each other as well.

[quote name='Mad D']
3115f7fcc9605ec7daf722f5c468c0aa-getty-83008114mw014_sprite_slam_d.jpg

Without the theatrics these past couple years the dunk contest would be boring.[/QUOTE]

I just keep thinking hey Dwight how does my ass taste? I mean seriously could not have been pleasant having nuts rubbed over the top of your head

Yeah it's nice to see the run and gun Suns back. Clippers are getting spanked.

Randolph is a douche for hitting Amundson like he did. He better get a decent suspension, I've seen players get suspended for a lot less.

The trades in the NBA are heating up.

T-Chann goes to the Thunder and NO get back Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox. The Thunder are getting a nice team of young stars together right now. They might be able to make a decent run in the near future.

NO though? They are fucking up big time. All those injuries are killing them.

Sam Cassell also got trade but who really cares about him......I want 1 more huge trade to go down before the deadline though.

[quote name='Soodmeg']The trades in the NBA are heating up.

T-Chann goes to the Thunder and NO get back Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox. The Thunder are getting a nice team of young stars together right now. They might be able to make a decent run in the near future.

NO though? They are fucking up big time. All those injuries are killing them.

Sam Cassell also got trade but who really cares about him......I want 1 more huge trade to go down before the deadline though.[/QUOTE]

Bleh, Bulls trade for Brad Miller and Salmons. We suck.

Warriors on primetime?

Time to run the Laker idiots the fuck outta the building...who needs Biedrins...who needs Buke...who needs Belnelli...who needs Wright....small ball.

[quote name='yukine']Yeah it's nice to see the run and gun Suns back. Clippers are getting spanked.

Randolph is a douche for hitting Amundson like he did. He better get a decent suspension, I've seen players get suspended for a lot less.[/quote]

Two fucking games. That is weak. That should have been at least five games, but ten would be preferable. Guy is an ass.

More run n gun from the Suns tonight. They hit the 140 mark again. That's the first time since 1990 a team has scored 140 two games in a row without an overtime period.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Warriors on primetime?

Time to run the Laker idiots the fuck outta the building...who needs Biedrins...who needs Buke...who needs Belnelli...who needs Wright....small ball.[/quote]

:cry: Warriors could have used Biedrens and Wright tonight. At least Randolph decided to kill himself on the court, and Rocky is back. Also, tonight's game showed that the Warriors most definitely have the potential to be in the playoffs next season, assuming the injuries don't reign down.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']More run n gun from the Suns tonight. They hit the 140 mark again. That's the first time since 1990 a team has scored 140 two games in a row without an overtime period.[/quote]
Our Suns are back. :cry:

[quote name='docvinh']Damn, Chandler trade got rescinded because he failed his physical, wonder what it was?[/QUOTE]

Some problem with his toe.

[quote name='yukine']Yeah it's nice to see the run and gun Suns back. Clippers are getting spanked.

Randolph is a douche for hitting Amundson like he did. He better get a decent suspension, I've seen players get suspended for a lot less.[/QUOTE]I still remember when Randolph's high school played against mine back when I was in high school and beat us bad (his hometown is 40 minutes away from me). His school was kind of in a bad area, so I'm not really surprised if he picked up on things back then.

The Bulls and Kings Made a trade:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ulls-trade-kings-timberwolves,0,3854012.story

Kings get:
Michael Ruffin (who was then traded)
Andres Nocioni
Cedric Simmons
Drew Gooden

Bulls get:
Brad Miller
John Salmons

I can't say how happy I am to get Brad Miller back in Chicago. I felt he was EXACTLY who the Bulls needed right now for the longest time and was hoping they'd make a trade for him. Right now the Bulls just badly need a Center (they normally have to play power forwards at centers) and just get owned badly when playing teams with a center. And the Bulls also needed someone they can give the ball to and post up. I also like Brad Miller a lot because he went to a high school that was in the same conference as my high school (45 minutes away), and he went to college at Purdue (where I went to college).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
I can't say how happy I am to get Brad Miller back in Chicago. I felt he was EXACTLY who the Bulls needed right now for the longest time and was hoping they'd make a trade for him. [/QUOTE]
Mana, Brad is not the same player as he was in his early days. I've watch every Kings game this season (Yes I was willing to torture myself watching an 11 win team) and although his numbers are decent it does not always reflect in his play. He was constantly whining after each play and has cost the team about 3 games by getting late game technicals. He plays marshmallow post defense and his vertical is inches off the ground. He had conditioning issues but last year he shed off a few pounds and managed to have a mini rejuvenation.

I didn't think I'd miss him being around but I felt bad for him when he broke down in an interview talking about how excited he was to in his first game to see how full Arco Arena was back when he first came to Sacramento and how his daughter was born here.

I know Chicago is also struggling right now and I'm sure this move is only a bandage for both teams. This was most likely for salary reasons for the free agent race of 2010. When he first came to Sacramento I remembered how much he hustled and how every game he hit the floor, maybe being traded will bring that back to him, at least for the rest of the season.

Sacramento also has traded for (separately) Rashard McCants, Ike Diogu and Will Solomon while waiving Mikki Moore and Cassel.

[quote name='Mad D']Mana, Brad is not the same player as he was in his early days. I've watch every Kings game this season (Yes I was willing to torture myself watching an 11 win team) and although his numbers are decent it does not always reflect in his play. He was constantly whining after each play and has cost the team about 3 games by getting late game technicals. He plays marshmallow post defense and his vertical is inches off the ground. He had conditioning issues but last year he shed off a few pounds and managed to have a mini rejuvenation.

I didn't think I'd miss him being around but I felt bad for him when he broke down in an interview talking about how excited he was to in his first game to see how full Arco Arena was back when he first came to Sacramento and how his daughter was born here.

I know Chicago is also struggling right now and I'm sure this move is only a bandage for both teams. This was most likely for salary reasons for the free agent race of 2010. When he first came to Sacramento I remembered how much he hustled and how every game he hit the floor, maybe being traded will bring that back to him, at least for the rest of the season.

Sacramento also has traded for (separately) Rashard McCants, Ike Diogu and Will Solomon while waiving Mikki Moore and Cassel.[/QUOTE]Bulls are doing decent actually, much better as of recent. It's just that the Bulls currently BADLY have needed frontcourt help, I mean badly. The Bulls have WAY too many guards currently and need help up front. That is mostly why I want Brad back. The Bulls just really need a big man presence, even if he doesn't put up big points. When the Bulls played against big teams, they just really struggled.

But Brad just really suits the Bulls in what they need. I'm not expecting him to be huge like he was maybe a few years ago, but fills a gap in what the Bulls need. Who knows, Brad tends to play his best when the team is winning, and Sacramento hasn't been winning.

Also, another trade went through
The Chicago Bulls made their second big trade in two days on Thursday, agreeing to send Larry Hughes to the Knicks for Jerome James, Tim Thomas and Anthony Roberson, two league sources told ESPN.com.

The move comes just one day after the Bulls agreed to send Andres Nocioni and Drew Gooden to the Sacramento Kings for Brad Miller and John Salmons.

Hughes has been in the Bulls' doghouse for some time and the two had agreed to seek a trade weeks ago. With Salmons coming to the Bulls on Wednesday, there was even less need for Hughes.

The trade is a wash financially for both teams. Hughes makes $12.8 million this year; James and Thomas make $12.2 million combined.

For the Knicks, the trade is a bigger deal. Hughes can be a dynamic scorer and fills a huge need for the Knicks in the backcourt as they continue their push toward the playoffs. The Knicks have struggled to find scoring at the two-guard since trading Jamal Crawford to the Warriors.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3919012

Glad to see Hughes out of there. Hughes could have been a great 6th man, but refused and just complained.

Eh, I see the bulls trade as trying to clear room for 2010. Brad Miller is not a banger, and is not what the bulls need. He's more of a jump shooter then anything. I mean, he's actually shot 40 some threes this year, this is definitely not a center. I'm glad to see Hughes go though, he's pretty much a playground basketball player except he sucks.

Amare is out for 8 weeks, partially detached retina. Sucks, but it could of left him blind in one eye, so I just hope is going to be OK.

LB has been amazing the past few games, he scored a career high 41 points tonight. He seems to be benefiting the most with the old Suns tempo back.

The real test is the game this Sunday against the Celtics... Celtics without KG, but Suns need to redeem themselves after that spanking from last time.

Not the prettiest game between the Lakers and Hornets. The Lakers really need to figure out how to defend the pick and roll. Most basic play in basketball and they are clueless.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Not the prettiest game between the Lakers and Hornets. The Lakers really need to figure out how to defend the pick and roll. Most basic play in basketball and they are clueless.[/quote]

Yea... thats the Lakers biggest weakness is to defend the pick and roll. Other than that they are solid.

That Lakers vs Hornets game was something else though. The Lakers who would of almost easily won that game but gave up on some 3 point plays. Especially from James Posey.. Made me almost fall off my chair. But Im happy the Lakers regained there strength and won the game in OT

Good Job Lakers :applause:

I was very happy yesterday during the Bulls and Nuggets game (at Chicago). The Bulls came with only 8 players dressed (because of trades and such), but mostly only played 7 guys, and they still won. Just about everyone but Rose played well (but then again, he had to deal with Billups).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back