The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
So can anyone recommend Callisto Protocol for ps5 at the current $49.99 sale price point?

Have $35 in rewards points to cash out (remind me..do I need to do that before going to the store or can they do it at register?).
I agree with the others...the reviews have been bad (stuck in menu to listen to audio logs, and horrible checkpoint system to name a few.) I am waiting until it drops lower, one store starts a B2G1 in spring, or Dead Space remake arrives (although I did playthough the original series I have forgotten most of it).

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, I was in the same situation where they printed the shipping label on the 19th but then never shipped. I called this morning and was told there were a batch of "ghost orders" like this and that they are out of stock and can only offer a refund. Really disturbing.
man that really sucks did you get your refund right away?

Callisto Protocol is a game I also enjoyed, I recommend getting it in the 29.99 - 39.99 price range, wouldn’t be surprised if it’s that price on sale in 2-3 weeks. Took me 11ish hours and I enjoyed the combat and atmosphere

Callisto Protocol is a game I also enjoyed, I recommend getting it in the 29.99 - 39.99 price range, wouldn’t be surprised if it’s that price on sale in 2-3 weeks. Took me 11ish hours and I enjoyed the combat and atmosphere
i hope they make a part 2 cause it’s so good you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but how many hours do you work a week?

but how many hours do you work a week?
Moot point, I emphatize with the previous guy. It’s very hard for me do a 50+ hour single player game more than twice a year. Hell, even Callisto Protocol’s 11ish hour campaign (may be less for a lot of people) was spread out over a week I had off. Some people just like to game in 1-2 hour bursts daily

Last edited by a moderator:
40 hrs is no joke but 50+ hours would make u not even play much unless ur fine making it ruin ur sleeping pattern and other stuff. I too prefer shorter games, not incredibly short tho like loloverhypedprotocol

What is the preorder/trade bonus? 30%?

Do controllers also get trade bonus towards preorders?
Sadly that’s a no on the controllers, only games work for the 30%, put $5 down on an upcoming title and get the 30% on the games you are trading in. I keep holding out that they will do a console and controller bump but honestly they may hold out until the end of the year on that it seems, we had some amazing bumps in November / December.

I know maybe splitting hairs here, but can someone remind me of the policy of 4 games/30 days before getting banned?

Is it on day 30 that the count frees up? Or after on day 31? I have a trade hitting day 30 on a Friday, and my preorder is near work, not my house. And I'm skeptical the current value continues to hold for much longer so want to offload what I can, when I can. Thanks.

I’ve never been able to use trade credit for this when the result is $0 checkout.
If I'm buying a $10 card so it will be a $5 checkout, have you been able to redeem your trade credit for a $5 Online Reward certificate and buy it along with the $5 monthly Pro Reward?

If I'm buying a $10 card so it will be a $5 checkout, have you been able to redeem your trade credit for a $5 Online Reward certificate and buy it along with the $5 monthly Pro Reward?
I do this every month. I use the $5 monthly reward on a $10 Eshop card. But it never lets me checkout with trade credit. I always just use PayPal or CC

I always get $10 eShop online using the $5 code and $5 of trade credit. I never try to use online reward certificates as I’ve heard too many horror stories.

I always get $10 eShop online using the $5 code and $5 of trade credit. I never try to use online reward certificates as I’ve heard too many horror stories.
Is there a difference between trade credit and rewards points? How do you check out using it without actually redeeming for an online certificate?

Is there a difference between trade credit and rewards points? How do you check out using it without actually redeeming for an online certificate?
Yes, rewards points have more stipulations than straight trade credit. You can't check out with a $0 balance using a reward cert for instance. You can't check it out without resending for the cert.

Can rewards points be used to pay a portion of a preorder in store? There was a shocking (well not really for GS) lack of info at the redemption center.

Yes, rewards points have more stipulations than straight trade credit. You can't check out with a $0 balance using a reward cert for instance. You can't check it out without resending for the cert.
Thanks. I was hoping to find a use for rewards points as I don't want to risk them expiring. Finding games sealed in-store or even in-stock around me have been next to impossible these days.

Just went in store to preorder Hogwarts Legacy Deluxe for PS5 and was told preorders already ended for the deluxe version. I know it comes out next Friday, but I don’t think I’ve ever had a preorder close like that. I might be getting it digitally then…

Just went in store to preorder Hogwarts Legacy Deluxe for PS5 and was told preorders already ended for the deluxe version. I know it comes out next Friday, but I don’t think I’ve ever had a preorder close like that. I might be getting it digitally then…
I have it on preorder but I hope they get enough for preorders my stores never get enough . I work 60 hours a week I don’t got time for nonsense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can say from experience that is not guaranteed.
Really? I have never gotten a preorder opened and I have bought many niche games where I know my copy is the only copy the store got. Preorder copies go in the preorder drawer, not the shelf. After you don’t pick it up, then it would be opened & put on the shelf.

Really? I have never gotten a preorder opened and I have bought many niche games where I know my copy is the only copy the store got. Preorder copies go in the preorder drawer, not the shelf. After you don’t pick it up, then it would be opened & put on the shelf.
Pre order copies are supposed to get pulled and set aside for pre orders but it does not always happen. I pre ordered Dark Alliance and when I went to pick it up they could not find it. It was gutted on the shelf and I opted not to buy it. To be fair I was already on the fence after couch coop was cut, but unless I am getting a deal I am not buying a gutted "new" game. And yes this was within the two day pickup window.

May i ask for some guidance. Im outside of US, I used  to ordered at Gamestop using my country CC no problems but recently i couldn't. It keep telling cant process payment with my CC or Paypal account. Did Gamestop change its payment policy? And anyone know best way to work around it?  

Got to say gamestop is the worst so apparently it would take 2-3 weeks for them to do a replacement for the fire emblem engage divine edition assuming if its instock at that time which I doubt since thats how long they have to investigate the package. Pre order september 20th and tracking for fedex is just on shipping label created since Jan 19th

Can I just get a code to redeem on Microsoft and PlayStation website just like I used to get for eShop without it being classified as a gift card?
or one of the physical ones in the store, it doesn't matter, they aren't gift cards. they're posa(point of sale activated) cards.

gift cards are actual gamestop gift cards.

CapitalOne at least for me: up to 6.5% for GameStop

Credits by Categories
Pre-owned consoles, games, game controllers and accessories; toys & collectibles; new gaming controllers; apparel: 6.5%
Everything else: 4%
New consoles; electronics; PC accessories: 3%
Memberships; subscriptions; new games: 0.8%
Gift cards; digital currency; Gen9 consoles: 0%

bread's done
Back