The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
I double dipped today. GS member said $5 eShop removed from their system but $5 Xbox is still in. :bouncy:
Went to the store today to get my $5 Xbox and was told that's gone too. Looks like $10 is the smallest posa card. Was also told I would have to redeem points towards an In-store Rewards Certificate but not sure if the Monthly Pro $5 will go through with a $5 In-store Rewards Certificate to buy a $10 posa card if they're both $5.

Didn't want to take a chance and ended up asking if they had "The Cruel King and the Great Hero Storybook Edition" PS4 for $20 and was so happy they actually had one last one so used my $5 Pro coupon for the month on that. My Pro membership ends next month. Debating whether to renew. It depends if I have a game to buy every month or be forced to buy a $10 posa card every month.

Went to the store today to get my $5 Xbox and was told that's gone too. Looks like $10 is the smallest posa card. Was also told I would have to redeem points towards an In-store Rewards Certificate but not sure if the Monthly Pro $5 will go through with a $5 In-store Rewards Certificate to buy a $10 posa card if they're both $5.
I got a $5 xbox code earlier today using my monthly coupon, so maybe was a rookie/DM. The employee who helped me out did confirm that Nintendo was no longer available though.

how long does it usually take for an in store pickup email? i ordered a used game for pickup early this afternoon and still havent receive an email for pickup. my order history doesnt even show the order i placed but i did get an email for placing the order.

how long does it usually take for an in store pickup email? i ordered a used game for pickup early this afternoon and still havent receive an email for pickup. my order history doesnt even show the order i placed but i did get an email for placing the order.
I’d call them since u don’t want em selling that item to someone else or maybe they can’t even fulfill it

Literally same thing for me. Ordered. Not showing on site. No email. But I called the store 3 hours after placing my order and they said it was ready

capitaloneshopping 24% cashback at gamestop not sure how long for.
I think it's targeted. They've been sending me 30% cashback for a year now, works on used hardware and new games too. One of their rewards is Gamestop gift cards so I just recycle even 1:1 trades just to get a boost.

And as an FYI, the cashback is based on the subtotal BEFORE discounts. So if you bought 8 games in the 4 for $40 promo, your cashback would be the total before discount.

The extra $40 for current gen console trade-ins is already included in the online trade-in values, right? I honestly don't remember how it works. It's been two years since my last trade-in when they were taking Xbox Ones and PS4s for $215.

Last edited by a moderator:
The extra $40 for current gen console trade-ins is already included in the online trade-in values, right? I honestly don't remember how it works. It's been two years since my last trade-in when they were taking Xbox Ones and PS4s for $215.
usually no, but I think maybe? The XSX value is showing $55 above what it normally is, I have no idea what’s going on there as it’s usually $330 but now $385, I’ll check here when they open on the east coast. XSS at above $190 is also higher than just $40.

some game values have to be checked in store, I’ve traded games for Switch that were “not eligible” and just had to check the value in the store when trading in.
What if a game doesn’t show up at all (but does have a new copy for sale)? It’s been out for months.

I got a $5 xbox code earlier today using my monthly coupon, so maybe was a rookie/DM. The employee who helped me out did confirm that Nintendo was no longer available though.
I was thinking it could be a rookie/DM but noticed that the $5 Xbox card disappeared off the website unless it was never available there. Will try again to get one when next month rolls around and see if I get it.

Did the price of a Pro membership jump to $19.99 with digital magazines? Guess I should have renewed before January when it was only $14.99 and you get 10,000 points back.

Did the price of a Pro membership jump to $19.99 with digital magazines? Guess I should have renewed before January when it was only $14.99 and you get 10,000 points back.

Jesus, people need to collect their thoughts before posting multiple times in a row. Or at least use the edit button.

Any extra values advertised are always on top of what is listed on the trade value pages.

When it’s listed as such, does it mean 40 + 10% pro or 50 + another 10% pro?
Always use the Regular Value for Store Credit before making any % calculations.

It's 60% for pros.

Since it says get 50% extra credit, I am hoping that means 60% with pro. $64 trade in for my Super Mario 3d All stars is extremely tempting.
This is correct. $64 is kind of a lot!

if he did woweee. I can confirm the XSX trades for $425 after bonus, pretty solid deal. Game values seem to have tanked though for some, GTA V with the bonus applied was only $12.
For what console with gta? My ps4 and Xbox one GTA Vs only rung up as $6 base each, $9.60 with bonus

Isn’t that lower than what’s showing up on the website right now?
Yep. GameStop will GameStop. You might have luck showing them the website and having them manually change it. But my person wouldn’t and didn’t have time to go to another GameStop. So YMMV

Where do you see that? It's still $14.99 on the website.
I was on their website when a box popped up asking me to renew when that was the price that popped up. I know for physical magazines the price is $5 more but the description says it's for digital magazines. Hoping it's only a fluke. Anyway, I'm not signing up for Pro till I have something to buy. Maybe 2 or 3 months from now. Hoping the price remains $14.99 like you said and none of my rewards points disappear in the meantime.

Just to confirm, I did get $64 total for Super Mario 3d all stars:  $40 base with 60% bonus (including Pro).  Tails of Iron PS5 is $7 base if anyone else was wondering, not listing a value on GS site.

I am now seriously considering trading in my 2 year old PS5 for $425 and buying a new one with GS credit.  Confirmed this trade total over the phone with one of my local stores.  Nothing wrong with the PS5, but I have put quite a number of hours on it, non smoking household.

How dumb/smart is this idea?

Just to confirm, I did get $64 total for Super Mario 3d all stars: $40 base with 60% bonus (including Pro). Tails of Iron PS5 is $7 base if anyone else was wondering, not listing a value on GS site.

I am now seriously considering trading in my 2 year old PS5 for $425 and buying a new one with GS credit. Confirmed this trade total over the phone with one of my local stores. Nothing wrong with the PS5, but I have put quite a number of hours on it, non smoking household.

i dont know that its worth it unless you think something is wrong with it

Just to confirm, I did get $64 total for Super Mario 3d all stars: $40 base with 60% bonus (including Pro). Tails of Iron PS5 is $7 base if anyone else was wondering, not listing a value on GS site.

I am now seriously considering trading in my 2 year old PS5 for $425 and buying a new one with GS credit. Confirmed this trade total over the phone with one of my local stores. Nothing wrong with the PS5, but I have put quite a number of hours on it, non smoking household.

Don’t know if it matters to you, but if you have a launch ps5 the newer ones are built with different components.

I did that last time around, it is nice to refresh your warranty and everything.

That’s how much it trades for now? Or is the trade promo applied to it? I’d do it if there’s a problem with it or a few hiccups here and there. Plus get rid of that white controller it ain’t good anymore.

How’d u remove the storage data tho? If I had an external HDD that wasn’t full of ps4/ps5 games already then I’d pull the trigger

Slightly off topic. But regarding all the cash back sites. I’ve had instances where I’ve ordered something through GameStop, got cash back, returned the item for whatever reason, and the cash back stayed.

Does anyone know why it sometimes stays and sometimes doesn’t? Or is it just random or luck/a glitch

bread's done
Back