The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
What games are guaranteed to like?
Does double dipping no longer work online?
What has preorder trade in bonus?
Can I use the 5$ monthly for eshop and Xbox cards?
Why are their phones never working?
Store hours are terrible.
How many copies can I trade in at one time?
What is the limit for trade in credit?

Basically sums up 90% of the thread.
Feel free to add anything I missed.
Can't forget about gutted new games

So last month my code disappeared from my online cart once I used the $5 in store. Was anyone else able to double dip still? I made sure I took a a pic of the code this month...

So last month my code disappeared from my online cart once I used the $5 in store. Was anyone else able to double dip still? I made sure I took a a pic of the code this month...
I've never relied on the add-to-cart technique and have always had success taking a photo or writing down the code to use later.

For my Verizon bros that want points + a bit of money.
You can buy an Xbox series s for half (150) and trade it in for 188 at gamestop after +40 promo and bonus

Wasn't able to use my code for digital PSN in February.  In store I was, app no dice.  Also tried to use it for March and it says that the item in my cart is not eligible.

Also redeemed 10k points to use on another PSN card and it won't let me apply it on the mobile app.

Wasn't able to use my code for digital PSN in February. In store I was, app no dice. Also tried to use it for March and it says that the item in my cart is not eligible.

Also redeemed 10k points to use on another PSN card and it won't let me apply it on the mobile app.
As has been posted multiple times, digital is in store only for any and all coupons. You can't purchase them online with it for over a month now.

The thing about GameStop is that they change the rules all the time so it’s not just laziness on the part of posters.

Why dont they just have a web page on what the preorder bonus is? Is that too much to ask?

As has been posted multiple times, digital is in store only for any and all coupons. You can't purchase them online with it for over a month now.
I had mentioned this last month in this sub and was told that others had it work for them. It worked for me in January and let me double dip on PSN both in store and on the app.

It did in January, it will not anymore and hasn't for a month.  This may change again at any moment one way or another because that's what GS does, but it hasn't work for a bit now.

Yea the associate in store said it should work and he didn't hear otherwise.  Least now I know they change shit on the fly and don't tell their customers lol

Yea the associate in store said it should work and he didn't hear otherwise. Least now I know they change shit on the fly and don't tell their customers lol
to be fair they don't tell their employees either. current leadership literally tells no one.

I've been saving my $5 online coupon all month and used it this evening for a copy of Borderlands Handsome Collection for $6.99 before coupon. Just a heads up that as long as you have a qualifying item in your cart, you can complete your purchase at any time and with any qualifying item throughout the month. Just make sure you never empty your cart out with the coupon applied and you should be able to use it.
Just tried buying a $7.99 game online for store pickup using the $5 Pro coupon for the month expecting to pay $2.99 but the website seems glitched changing the price to $9.99 and telling me to pay $4.99+tax.

If I could have gotten it for $2.99, can I use rewards points towards a $2 and $1 online certificate if I want to do a store pickup or that's not possible to do? Just trying to use up my points when I can till I use it up so I don't have to worry about renew my Pro membership again or risk seeing my rewards points disappear.

Didn't try a doubledip yet but is it going to work for a game in-store pickup or is this glitch only on $7.99 games jacking it up to $9.99?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if the game is on clearance the $5 coupon will override the 20% discount. Same thing happened to me when trying to get a $7.99 game. It showed as $7.99 but went up to $10 when I added the code and tried to double dip.

I think if the game is on clearance the $5 coupon will override the 20% discount. Same thing happened to me when trying to get a $7.99 game. It showed as $7.99 but went up to $10 when I added the code and tried to double dip.
Seconded. This happened to me last month when I attempted to buy a $7.99 clearance game with in-store pickup. Typical GameStop.

Thanks. Guess even if I don't doubledip, the $5 coupon isn't going to work online with clearance games. Will it work in-store at least without the 20% discount disappearing?

I renewed my pro membership a week before the end of February, but it’s now march and I don’t see the $5 offer in my online account. Anyone know how long before it shows up in my account, I thought it kicks in the beginning of the next month.

I renewed my pro membership a week before the end of February, but it’s now march and I don’t see the $5 offer in my online account. Anyone know how long before it shows up in my account, I thought it kicks in the beginning of the next month.
I signed up Feb 28 and have my March code already.

Something is broken with the $5 coupon, at least online. most items at checkout are saying the item doesn't qualify for the pro $5 coupon.

Something is broken with the $5 coupon, at least online. most items at checkout are saying the item doesn't qualify for the pro $5 coupon.
I believe that you currently can only use it on items that are not on sale, and they have to be physical items. So if you want something free (no shipping) you need to find something regular priced at about $5 that also happens to be in stock at your local store. And as far as I can tell there is no way to filter the website to show stuff in stock locally when you shop.

Just got my refurbished Samsung 980 Pro from GameStop for $51. I was a little scared when it came in a preowned case but I hooked it up to my laptop and saw it had no writes, updated it and now waiting on a heatsink. Definitely could've gotten an SSD with heatsink for ~$60 for the PS5 but I finally got to use my GameStop trade credits.

Saving my coupons for the Mario games.
I don't know if it's going to work. I tried using coupons on clearance items online and it hasn't worked in the past. If it does, let me know.

Does anyone know how long the 5 dollar coupon lasts? Like, if I take a picture/write the monthly code down, would it last until Black Friday, for instance?

I don't know if it's going to work. I tried using coupons on clearance items online and it hasn't worked in the past. If it does, let me know.

Does anyone know how long the 5 dollar coupon lasts? Like, if I take a picture/write the monthly code down, would it last until Black Friday, for instance?
just the month its issued

Swung by store last night picked up xbox card with $5 coupon, havent been in store a while had a ton of clearance stuff, an extra 20% off, hope that doesnt mean closing soon.

just the month its issued
I read the fine print on the March coupon and it mentions that the coupon expires at 6 PM (presumably Central Time) on the last day of the month.

Does anyone know if GS still takes the SNES Classic in trade? The local retro game store offered $60-80 based on its condition, but that's a 2 hour one way ride on public transportation. I couldn't find anything on the site and no one picked up when I called the local GS.

Does anyone know if GS still takes the SNES Classic in trade? The local retro game store offered $60-80 based on its condition, but that's a 2 hour one way ride on public transportation. I couldn't find anything on the site and no one picked up when I called the local GS.
Just sell it locally on OfferUp or Craigslist.

Swung by store last night picked up xbox card with $5 coupon, havent been in store a while had a ton of clearance stuff, an extra 20% off, hope that doesnt mean closing soon.
They've had a large amount of items on clearance for a while, since before Christmas for sure. It used to be +50%, then it's been either 20 or 30% since. Not necessarily an indicator of closing.

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?pmid=clearance

For what it's worth, my approach to double dipping this past month was going to the store to get digital credit, found a few games that were in stock around the $10 or less range (used, complete).  I then put a store pickup order in around the last day of February and picked the game up when I went in for my March redemption.  Saved me from having to do two trips in a month.

For what it's worth, my approach to double dipping this past month was going to the store to get digital credit, found a few games that were in stock around the $10 or less range (used, complete). I then put a store pickup order in around the last day of February and picked the game up when I went in for my March redemption. Saved me from having to do two trips in a month.
If only there was no chance of them giving out gutted copies

I've got a little trade credit left, my Pro expires in a few days and I just don't like what I'm seeing these days with GameStop. I think I'm going to "liquidate" what I've got with them.

If I have 5,000 points, does anyone know whether it's possible to use a $5 Rewards coupon on the same item as the $5 Pro coupon? Looking to get the $10 Xbox Digital credit (in-store) down to $0 if possible. I could settle for $3 off as well if the amounts can't match.

I've got a little trade credit left, my Pro expires in a few days and I just don't like what I'm seeing these days with GameStop. I think I'm going to "liquidate" what I've got with them.

If I have 5,000 points, does anyone know whether it's possible to use a $5 Rewards coupon on the same item as the $5 Pro coupon? Looking to get the $10 Xbox Digital credit (in-store) down to $0 if possible. I could settle for $3 off as well if the amounts can't match.
Yes--despite being the same denomination, you should be able to combine those two $5 coupons in one transaction because they're considered different in the POS.

For what it's worth, my approach to double dipping this past month was going to the store to get digital credit, found a few games that were in stock around the $10 or less range (used, complete). I then put a store pickup order in around the last day of February and picked the game up when I went in for my March redemption. Saved me from having to do two trips in a month.
I was able to do one game like that last month but their online pickup stock is so bad there's almost nothing I can get now.

Yes--despite being the same denomination, you should be able to combine those two $5 coupons in one transaction because they're considered different in the POS.
My membership also expires this month. I looked and I have 4,999 points. Which means I need to make 2 trips in the next 2 weekends. One to burn my last $5 coupon and earn that last point and the other to burn the (hopefully, if they clear in time) last 5,000 points.

bread's done
Back