The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Sucks the monthly coupon doesn't work with the Xbox controllers that are on sale online.
Ya I tried that as well. The monthly coupons are like useless now. Even if stores have inventory, most of the time it doesn’t show online. And skipping is $8

not a downgrade, newer 1200 uses less power, and the warranty alone is worth it. Sony refused to fix an out of warranty PS5 for me, not sure if this was a chip shortage issue, but I paid for an out of warranty repair and they just sent back the old console with a note could not repair, and refunded me.
For that reason alone, I'll probably do it on wednesday if the trade value holds. It could break any second. I wanted to wait for the pro model to be released but that could be years away,

It is, also it is a downgrade hardware wise. They made the motherboard smaller and they’re using a cheaper chip. The only thing upgraded is the fan, they changed components to lower cost of production.
Really, glad I didn't do it yet. My launch runs quiet, didn't have that buzzing that some of the launch models had. I'm pretty happy with it so I'll risk holding on to it until the pro model is released. And it helps that I also use my series x so i'm not over using it.

Last edited by a moderator:
So now it's not a good time to trade in games correct? Pro day was not that great?
Depends on what you have--getting 40% bonus total (Pro membership + 20% for preordering RE4/Jedi Survivor + Pro Week bonus) is likely the best we'll get until another 50% bonus promo, though TIVs aren't in the best shape.

It is, also it is a downgrade hardware wise. They made the motherboard smaller and they’re using a cheaper chip. The only thing upgraded is the fan, they changed components to lower cost of production.
I would say it’s a downgrade if performance suffers, a smaller 6nm chip isn’t cheaper because it’s a lower quality downgrade, simply a reduction in die size for manufacturing allowing for more chips to be made. Can’t speak for anyone else but the $25 bonus brings many consoles to a relatively higher trade in value than we’ve seen recently, not sure we will see higher values this year but it’s always possible, over $480 in trade in value for the XSX and PS5 late last year, would love to see that again.

3 of 4 “new games” purchased during pro weak came open.  One had a pre-owned sticker on it and one had pieces of a sticker, probably another pre-owned sticker after it was removed.  All had case art.  How’d I do?

3 of 4 “new games” purchased during pro weak came open. One had a pre-owned sticker on it and one had pieces of a sticker, probably another pre-owned sticker after it was removed. All had case art. How’d I do?
You clearly won; none of your new games came disc only in a white paper sleeve "case"...

Depends on what you have--getting 40% bonus total (Pro membership + 20% for preordering RE4/Jedi Survivor + Pro Week bonus) is likely the best we'll get until another 50% bonus promo, though TIVs aren't in the best shape.
Ones off the top of my head would be Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Death stranding PS4. I wouldn't want to pre-order those games though.

Is there even any good deals on games? Clicked on the banner on the main page that says something about $10 off select games and it came back with like 1600 results.

Only thing I see, is the Mario games on Switch... and even that isn't a very good deal (i.e. $39.99 for new, $37.99 for pre-owned).

Weird question... other than going into each B&M store and asking, is there anyway to see lapsed pre-orders? Pretty sure I have a fully paid off Gran Turismo 6 and MLB The Show 20 somewhere, not to mention a few newer ones too.

Weird question... other than going into each B&M store and asking, is there anyway to see lapsed pre-orders? Pretty sure I have a fully paid off Gran Turismo 6 and MLB The Show 20 somewhere, not to mention a few newer ones too.
Old for sure.

Grabbed a Used Midnight Suns PS5 for $25.19 with the 10% off for Pros & stacked a Capital One 24% Rewards on top for $6.04 back in rewards. Used my PlayStation Credit Card and sent in the Bonus Form through the Sony Rewards app to get 5% back in points on top. Even though my days of flipping and trading have sailed a bit, still finding some ways to save. 

Weird. I was trying to check the TIV for Tactics Ogre PS5 and it says not applicable. Grabbed a copy at Target for $14.39. Was gonna get a few more
Not that weird--it only means there's no used SKU on the listing. You'll have to call a store and ask for the TIV that way. Since GS has Tactics Ogre for $30, my guess is $10-$15 base.

So there is no stacking going on correct? There is a 20% bonus going on for trade ins without pre ordering a game. I can get more than 20% as long as I pre-order a game. So if I just want to trade in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, I will get $36 trade credit but if I want to put it towards a pre-order, I will get more which is just reducing how much I would pay for RE4. Is that correct? It would be better to wait unless I want RE4. I think I got that right.

So there is no stacking going on correct? There is a 20% bonus going on for trade ins without pre ordering a game. I can get more than 20% as long as I pre-order a game. So if I just want to trade in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, I will get $36 trade credit but if I want to put it towards a pre-order, I will get more which is just reducing how much I would pay for RE4. Is that correct? It would be better to wait unless I want RE4. I think I got that right.
You're right except no one's forcing you to actually pick up RE4--just trade in MK8 Deluxe, sign for the trade, and mention that you want to put down $5 towards RE4 and put the rest on a trade card. You can cancel that preorder or move it to something else later. You could even put the $5 towards Star Wars Jedi: Survivor instead since that also triggers the bonus and doesn't release for another month.

You're right except no one's forcing you to actually pick up RE4--just trade in MK8 Deluxe, sign for the trade, and mention that you want to put down $5 towards RE4 and put the rest on a trade card. You can cancel that preorder or move it to something else later. You could even put the $5 towards Star Wars Jedi: Survivor instead since that also triggers the bonus and doesn't release for another month.
rANXCs.gif

I can confirm the 10% for pro members + 10% pro week bonus + 20% pre-order bonus stacking for MLB The Show 23. I traded a few games toward my existing pre-order of the Captain Edition. I paid it off and had the remaining credit added to my trade card.

Don’t waste your energy on fucktards in here they need their hands held through a transaction. Better off building the list of ignored users in your profile preferences.

rANXCs.gif
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GameStop is profitable again! % of sales: hardware = 53%, software = 31%, and collectibles = 16%. Crazy to me that collectibles is that high (and growing). That's a lot of squishy things and plastic dolls.

GameStop is profitable again! % of sales: hardware = 53%, software = 31%, and collectibles = 16%. Crazy to me that collectibles is that high (and growing). That's a lot of squishy things and plastic dolls.
Diamond hands. To the moon. I am not a cat. Etc. :bouncy:

Controllers are 20% boost still? Tempted to trade in an old Xbox controller for 24 and get a new one for 36 10% cash back at rakuten

bread's done
Back