The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Anyone having shipping issues with GS? Not the whole, not seeing the tracking number but either non-shipment/non-pick-up? One of my B2G1F games has a tracking but USPS hasn't picked it up yet and another hasn't shipped. I ordered on Monday so it's been a while.
I have witnessed in the past during a big sale in store that the delivery person would have too many packages to scan, so he would just pick them up and throw them in his truck without scanning a single one.

USPS is also the worst shipping option to get,  if store's dont open til noon and USPS hits the area earlier in their route it can go days without getting picked up, and that's all within their shipping regulations perfectly fine.  

USPS is also the worst shipping option to get, if store's dont open til noon and USPS hits the area earlier in their route it can go days without getting picked up, and that's all within their shipping regulations perfectly fine.
Usps is bad but the ups and FedEx to usps shipping were the worst combinations. I think they were called sure post and smart post or something.

USPS is also the worst shipping option to get, if store's dont open til noon and USPS hits the area earlier in their route it can go days without getting picked up, and that's all within their shipping regulations perfectly fine.
Or just sit for a week. Figure I will be calling CS for a refund next week but hey it was worth a shot

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone having shipping issues with GS? Not the whole, not seeing the tracking number but either non-shipment/non-pick-up? One of my B2G1F games has a tracking but USPS hasn't picked it up yet and another hasn't shipped. I ordered on Monday so it's been a while.
I have an order that was marked as shipped on Monday and it wasn't until today that USPS picked it up. So you're not the only one at least.

Yup, that's all super common if you get USPS unfortunately.  That being said it's not the workers fault, it's not USPS fault,  it's GS fault for how they schedule it all and still allocate it anyways.

Metroid Prime, Super Mario 3D World and New Super Mario Bros U for $81 shipped. I guess this is as good as it gets for first party Nintendo prices.

Metroid Prime, Super Mario 3D World and New Super Mario Bros U for $81 shipped. I guess this is as good as it gets for first party Nintendo prices.

Yeah, did the same order, but did not get Metroid prime yet. This was when it first started. Should I wait next week before calling?

Anyone know when the promo going to end?
Debating on Kirby forgotten land or the dreamland , resident evil 4 remake…..is this worth it? Have the Nintendo switch re4, and elden ring, which heard was really good

Yeah, did the same order, but did not get Metroid prime yet. This was when it first started. Should I wait next week before calling?

Debating on Kirby forgotten land or the dreamland , resident evil 4 remake…..is this worth it? Have the Nintendo switch re4, and elden ring, which heard was really good
I still have two games from my order on day one- one has a label but not picked up, one still hasn't shipped yet.

The in-store signage said the B2G1 is through today (4/15).

$130 shipped for Kirby Dream Land, RE4, and Hogwarts? Seems like a lot for 3 games. Maybe I'm just not used to the $70 new price
I mean only one of those games is $70 MSRP. I recommend unless you plan to play non Nintendo games right away, just wait- they’ll get cheaper

Is it a bad idea to buy ds Pokémon games online? I don’t want fake games

I would say yes, unless u know how to spot it.
Haven’t u heard stories of new games shipped , but arrived with just a round circle seal on the box and the wrapper was removed? Not sure if gs employees still get to take home games to play and bring them back….?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean only one of those games is $70 MSRP. I recommend unless you plan to play non Nintendo games right away, just wait- they’ll get cheaper
Yeah I think I'm just having sticker shock because I haven't purchased a game in a while without using some type of credit thanks to Gamepass and PS+. I'm used to just paying everything with trade credit so not paying tax.

I'll be playing RE4 immediately since I've never played it, and then switching it up to Hogwarts. I should get decent trade credit back when I finish

If you're willing to wait, even first party Nintendo games do go on sale. Sure, the notion of the $20 Player's Choice is probably not happening this generation, but I could see a $30 value line if Nintendo is serious about keeping the aged Switch on the market for a few more years.

If you're willing to wait, even first party Nintendo games do go on sale. Sure, the notion of the $20 Player's Choice is probably not happening this generation, but I could see a $30 value line if Nintendo is serious about keeping the aged Switch on the market for a few more years.
Wait how long though? BOTW and Super Mario Odyssey are 6 years old and I believe they are still $59.99 MSRP. Certain games get cheaper but not by much. Select Mario games usually get $10-$20 discount in March and during Black Friday. Most Nintendo games are good enough to be playing right at launch or soon after. I would never tell anyone back in 2017 to wait 4 years for a sale on BOTW or Odyssey. Nintendo games for the most part don't officially get a price cut.

I'm sure all Switch games will get notable price drops once Nintendo releases the Switch's successor: The Nintendo Plug. Nintendo is just going to release newer versions of all Switch games on the Plug (like they did Wii U games on the Switch)... Breath of the Wild Deluxe, Mario Odyssey Deluxe. They're prob triple dip some games too like... Mario Kart 8 Opulent and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury + Wart's Anger, etc.

Yeah I think I'm just having sticker shock because I haven't purchased a game in a while without using some type of credit thanks to Gamepass and PS+. I'm used to just paying everything with trade credit so not paying tax.
I'll be playing RE4 immediately since I've never played it, and then switching it up to Hogwarts. I should get decent trade credit back when I finish
RE4 is great. Best game I played in years.

Wait how long though? BOTW and Super Mario Odyssey are 6 years old and I believe they are still $59.99 MSRP. Certain games get cheaper but not by much. Select Mario games usually get $10-$20 discount in March and during Black Friday. Most Nintendo games are good enough to be playing right at launch or soon after. I would never tell anyone back in 2017 to wait 4 years for a sale on BOTW or Odyssey. Nintendo games for the most part don't officially get a price cut.
Mario Odyssey and BOTW have been on sale here/there for at least as low as $35. You probably just weren't looking at the time. I know because I've had them in my saved lists at various retailers and have seen those prices but passed every time as I don't have a Switch and am pretty lukewarm to BOTW and Mario Odyssey is readily available.

Mario Odyssey and BOTW have been on sale here/there for at least as low as $35. You probably just weren't looking at the time. I know because I've had them in my saved lists at various retailers and have seen those prices but passed every time as I don't have a Switch, and am pretty lukewarm to BOTW and Mario Odyssey is readily available.
They have been on sale sure but their MSRP is still full price.

Mario Odyssey and BOTW have been on sale here/there for at least as low as $35. You probably just weren't looking at the time. I know because I've had them in my saved lists at various retailers and have seen those prices but passed every time as I don't have a Switch and am pretty lukewarm to BOTW and Mario Odyssey is readily available.
lowest I ever seen BOTW was 29.99 at target on Black Friday 2019.

1st ordered  Octopath Traveler 2 & Xenoblade 3 $64.XX

2nd ordered Xenoblade 3 & Bayonetta 3 $64.XX

Not bad for Nintendo 1st party titles $30 plus taxes :)

Yeah, now the only question is do you get actual new or "Gamestop new?"

I took a chance and ordered Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Mario Strikers myself, since I dont have either and have never seen either below $50 each or so.

Yeah, now the only question is do you get actual new or "Gamestop new?"

I took a chance and ordered Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Mario Strikers myself, since I dont have either and have never seen either below $50 each or so.
Even if it's not sealed I won't complain for Xenoblade 3 and Bayonetta 3 because those are good prices even used.. But I'll get annoyed if I get a generic case for new copies. Still worth the gamble.

Tempted by liveAlive and few of the Zelda games and maybe re4 but damn games haven’t been going on sale as much I feel as they used to
Nice posting this just a few hours before a legit great deal started (for a few games out of this selection atleast), think you willed it into existence. Also my bad stating it was BOTW that was $30 and B2G1 last year. This deal made me realize it was skyward sword hd, not BOTW.

Metroid Dread Amiibo and Zelda Skyward Sword Amiibo $5 each, does not show that price until in cart.

Just grabbed forspoken and octopath traveler 2 for $45 because why the hell not. I have both of the amiibo sets so skipped those, but $5 is pretty insane for them.

Just grabbed forspoken and octopath traveler 2 for $45 because why the hell not. I have both of the amiibo sets so skipped those, but $5 is pretty insane for them.
but you dont get the sale price with the buy1get1? and i just got theatrerhythm final bar line for pickup since this is lowest it will be for awhile.

Have we verified that only the games in the link work? No hidden games that have been found yet? I got the Metroid and Zelda amiibo at BB when they were $5 there months back.

So uhh.. How'd you avoid the shipping cost? or did you pay for shipping? That's the only issue I'm having, can't find anything else to buy with it for free shipping
I threw in a $20 filler game I plan to return. Didn't want to pay shipping and didn't want to wait too long for the games to go back to MSRP

So Callisto Protocol for PS5 is not counting towards the sale for me but if I switch it to the XSX version it is, same with some other games. Gamestop has some of the games systems wrong in the link provided.

So Callisto Protocol for PS5 is not counting towards the sale for me but if I switch it to the XSX version it is, same with some other games. Gamestop has some of the games systems wrong in the link provided.
The Xbox version is also in the list (on page 2). Not sure why PS5 isn't working though.

Good week to score an additional discount on some hardware or software, courtesy of Dollar General.

[attachment=37877:E6AD60DD-71D8-49C4-96A5-6118AA89ED66.jpeg]

Bayonetta 3 and XenoBlade 3 also is part of this deal. However, they are $59 each. If you add 2 more lower prized games and want to have them shipped, GameStop will only deduct the lowest prices games free. Dumb GameStop algorithm!

bread's done
Back