The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
I called my store and asked about my online pickup order. He told me I should get an email that it's ready for pickup and I almost immediately got a notification that it was ready.

I called my store and asked about my online pickup order. He told me I should get an email that it's ready for pickup and I almost immediately got a notification that it was ready.
I just did this and the employee on the phone literally said "If you don't have a ready for pickup email, there's nothing I can do" and just hanged up.

Finally got all my games from the B2G1, only one was in original case. One of the games in a Gamestop case was Sakura Wars PS4, but it still had the sticker pack inside. How does that happen?
They damaged it likely during their express shipping fiascos where store managers deliver games to you same day and leave them on your doorstep without a bag or anything. Had it happen to my ps4 copy of Ys 8.

I would hurry and place and online order now if you guys want Octopath 2, the local stores near me completely sold out today. I was lucky to pick up the last non-gutted sealed copy along with Forspoken locally. There were plenty of Forspoken left though...

got in 2 online orders, 1 octopath traveler 2/forspoken and 1 bayonetta 3/xenoblade 3/$5 amiibos/scarlet nexus order to reach free shipping. both have already "shipped" now to see how long before they are picked up and where they are coming from.

Thank you to this super bumpy and fast thread. I did pick up Callisto and Forspoken PS5 for the BOGO today.

Is the sale and BOGO a glitch or just a deal for the week on some badly reviewed games? I was considering Octopath yet I'd only buy it for the PS5.

Are people buying Forspoken for some reasons that I'm not aware of? I've only played the demo but it was pretty terrible and general feedback on the game isn't great either (though I dunno if that's legit or if that's just for some internet thing). This game seems like it's bound for $10 soon. 

I’d only get forspoken and callisto if they were $20 or less. Prefer to get a callisto steelbook though. Already got a forspoken steelbook from bestbuy

Are people buying Forspoken for some reasons that I'm not aware of? I've only played the demo but it was pretty terrible and general feedback on the game isn't great either (though I dunno if that's legit or if that's just for some internet thing). This game seems like it's bound for $10 soon.
I heard there were similarities to Infamous, which I love. Plus it's the type of game I'm willing to try at around $20, but not full price. But most importantly, there aren't many good options to choose from, especially if you want the best "value". It's one of, if not the only other $45 game that can pair with Octopath. I like my freebies to have the same price as the other game if possible

Sounds like some folks are fine paying $25-30 for this one after BOGO. As I mentioned earlier, I'm waiting. Agree that this one is bound for the <$20 bin later this year.

I'm sure the vast majority of people on this board have plenty of other games they could be playing until then.

And on a related note, got my confirmation/pick up emails.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you that have played Elden Ring on PS5, is the dualsense really non existent? I wanted to get Elden Ring for Series X but it's not a part of the B1G1 so my only option is the PS4 version which has a free PS5 upgrade. I have tried to see which version is better but I don't want to watch all the spoilers the vids have. I am assuming Series X probably has better framerate but overall, they are likely similar. I have read that load times are a little better on PS5 but I was really hoping the game really took advantage of the dualsense features but from what I've read, the devs don't care about how cool the controller is. Did the latest update add any features? I would ask this in the Playstation thread but it's not nearly as active as this one and I doubt they would want to talk about which system played the game better.

I suppose I could always just see if someone on offerup would trade it for the Series X version.

I’d only get forspoken and callisto if they were $20 or less. Prefer to get a callisto steelbook though. Already got a forspoken steelbook from bestbuy
I never knew there was a Callisto steel. I'm now concern post purchase that the base game is a cash grab and apparently there's future DLC planned for a single player game, alluding to a "this is the real edition to buy" releasing later this year.

Sounds like some folks are fine paying $25-30 for this one after BOGO. As I mentioned earlier, I'm waiting. Agree that this one is bound for the <$20 bin later this year.

I'm sure the vast majority of people on this board have plenty of other games they could be playing until then.

And on a related note, got my confirmation/pick up emails.
Exactly for me. Paying $25 for forspoken was fine buy me. I settled on Callisto for the second game. At this time I'm still in a 'collector-itis' mood for major PS5 games.

It's not ringing up in store at $28 base trade value anymore. $22 base in store is what it is ringing up. Had to get them to do a price override for $6 to put it at $28 base to match the website and then have Pro and pre-order bonus stack to get $36.40 for it. YMMV if they will do that for you though.
Octopath Traveller 2 is listed at $34 trade in at estarland if you’re in the northern VA region.

There's also the Horizon Burning Shores coming out next week. Planning to play Burning Shores, RE4, Zelda, FFXVI, and Spider-man 2. Tons of great game releasing this year.

I just went ahead and got Callisto Protocol and Octopath 2. I had a 15% cash back with capital one rewards until May 1st and so I just went ahead and used it with this B1G1. For those of you that have used Capital one rewards, how long does it take to get cash back into your account? Will it show as purchased after I pick up the order from GS?

I am basically paying $22.50 for Forspoken.  I am okay paying extra $2.50 right now instead of waiting for a price drop.

There's also the Horizon Burning Shores coming out next week. Planning to play Burning Shores, RE4, Zelda, FFXVI, and Spider-man 2. Tons of great game releasing this year.
I can't decide if I want to play burning shores when it comes out or wait for a sale. Just finished forbidden west and I'm kinda burned out (no pun intended).

Star Wars Jedi Survivor as well. I still gotta play RE4 as well. Just finished Horizon FW so RE4 next then probably Zelda will consume my life.
EA games typically go on sale pretty quick, I don't mind waiting till probably black Friday. Year has been insane so far I've bought like 20 games and rather overwhelmed.

I just went ahead and got Callisto Protocol and Octopath 2. I had a 15% cash back with capital one rewards until May 1st and so I just went ahead and used it with this B1G1. For those of you that have used Capital one rewards, how long does it take to get cash back into your account? Will it show as purchased after I pick up the order from GS?
It will show pending with the order number and trip id. Takes 30 days for the cashback to be deposited into your account for a gift card.

I can't decide if I want to play burning shores when it comes out or wait for a sale. Just finished forbidden west and I'm kinda burned out (no pun intended).
I would probably wait for a sale then. Forbidden West was pretty massive. I get open world fatigue too. Hoping I can handle Zelda and FFXVI back to back.

Welp... time to call GS and hope they send replacements. Made 2x B2G1F orders early last week and received only 3 of my 6 games- started off good with a sealed RE4 Remake but then 2 games in generic cases and then two non-shipments. Pretty bad start... not looking forward to what the B1G1 results are gonna be. 

Non-shipped tracking has been escalated and I'll hear back in 7-10 days (damn, really, 7-10 days?) and the non-shipment is because the item is out of stock..... even though it's still in stock? 

Did anyone confirm if this worked in store as well?
When I was in to do my pickup, the associate was pointing another customer to games that were b1g1. I’m assuming they were these because there isn’t another b1g1 promo going on.

FYI I used a cashback site that was offering 8% back and I got the email with my pending cashback which is based on the pre discount price (89.98 vs 44.99). I’ll take that $7.20.

I would probably wait for a sale then. Forbidden West was pretty massive. I get open world fatigue too. Hoping I can handle Zelda and FFXVI back to back.
Yeah I think I put close to 80 hours in doing just about everything there is to do. So the fatigue is real. Getting it now is slightly intriguing because I wouldn't have to relearn the gameplay and stuff, but I'll wait to see reviews and length before I make my decision. Too much good stuff to play right now.

When I was in to do my pickup, the associate was pointing another customer to games that were b1g1. I’m assuming they were these because there isn’t another b1g1 promo going on.

FYI I used a cashback site that was offering 8% back and I got the email with my pending cashback which is based on the pre discount price (89.98 vs 44.99). I’ll take that $7.20.
Same here. Was also giving pre discount price with the b2g1 last week.

It will show pending with the order number and trip id. Takes 30 days for the cashback to be deposited into your account for a gift card.

Same here. Was also giving pre discount price with the b2g1 last week.
You are all right! I just got the email conformation from Capital One and it's the full price of both games. Giving me double what I was expecting. Bummer it's only gift cards but very cool that it's the full pre free game amount. I have seen as much as 20% from Gamestop from certain users here but I have never gotten an offer that high. 15% is the most they have offered me. So it's more like Capital One gift card back rewards instead :p Do they ever have discounts on the giftcards?

My order got canceled. I have no idea what this means for the in stock game. The store I chose to pick it up from had 8-10 copies of each game. There is no record of my order on my GS account and the conformation number from my email I use says there is no record of it. Will I be charged for one game that is shipped full price? Both games canceled and gift card refunded? I just got Gamestopped!

Part of your order couldn’t be fulfilled.

Thanks for your recent order. Unfortunately, the item below isn’t available. You haven't been charged for it. The pending item(s) will be shipped soon.

I called about my canceled order and was told BOTH games aren't available for store pickup at that location. I explained that when I ordered it, it showed both Callisto Protocol and Octopath 2 as 8-10 games available but she just told me to place another order and get it shipped instead. I see Callisto Protocol listed at many stores around me in stock but Octopath has 0. I am thinking they canceled the whole order because of messing up on Octopath quantities at each store and because it was store pickup and not shipping. I just hope I get the money back on my trade card. Email says it will be 3-5 days and she said on the phone 1-2 days. Do I get an email with the refund info letting me know the money is back on my card?

I called about my canceled order and was told BOTH games aren't available for store pickup at that location. I explained that when I ordered it, it showed both Callisto Protocol and Octopath 2 as 8-10 games available but she just told me to place another order and get it shipped instead. I see Callisto Protocol listed at many stores around me in stock but Octopath has 0. I am thinking they canceled the whole order because of messing up on Octopath quantities at each store and because it was store pickup and not shipping. I just hope I get the money back on my trade card. Email says it will be 3-5 days and she said on the phone 1-2 days. Do I get an email with the refund info letting me know the money is back on my card?
yes you’re suppose to get an email but I’ve read throughout the years that that’s not always the case and they end up calling customer service again and GameStop mails a new trade card with the credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I changed my mind; I got Octopath Traveller 2 and Valkyrie Elysium shipped, the latter being free.  They have Bravely Default II for the Switch at $25, so I added that as my third and had a coupon to make it $20.

So ~$70 for the three games shipped.  If BD2 doesn't have the case, might return it.

My god people. Do none of you value your time enough to not deal with this shitshow of a company? I mean I love saving a buck or two as much as anyone but everyone in this thread just sounds masochistic. 

Absolutely nothing to do with GameStop. But my CAG randomly changed from mobile mode to desktop and i can’t figure out how to switch it back lol. Any advice?

You are all right! I just got the email conformation from Capital One and it's the full price of both games. Giving me double what I was expecting. Bummer it's only gift cards but very cool that it's the full pre free game amount. I have seen as much as 20% from Gamestop from certain users here but I have never gotten an offer that high. 15% is the most they have offered me. So it's more like Capital One gift card back rewards instead :p Do they ever have discounts on the giftcard.
if they you have the 24% email from when you first signed up you can save it and use it every time like i do. It's sweet as hell i have like 200 dollars in pending rewards from gamestop purchases.

edit: you all triggering me to buy more... i got elden ring and like a dragon and use a 50 GC from capital one to get both for 13 bucks, plus i get like 30 bucks cashback. insane.

On the topic of Zelda: TotK CE, I was told the rumor amongst the managers was that GS is holding back ~50% of their allotted CE inventory, and expects to have copies distributed to stores on launch day - so may be case of waiting in line for a wooden plank :oldman: Seems like the console is not going to be so obviously scalpable which is nice to see. :beer:
Did anyone confirm if this worked in store as well?
B1G1 def works in store!

i just got an email from them saying my pickup order for Metroid amiibo got cancelled. i ordered right when it went live last night. the guy probably had ppl coming in to buy them and didnt get a chance to check pickup orders i bet.

for the double dipping on the $5 coupon, does it have to be in store purchase first then online or can it be the other way around also?

ive been doing in store purchase first then shop online using the code.
I've always had to use coupon in-store first to double dip. $5 amiibo stock is not very accurate, thought the in-store inventory in store doesn't seem to be doing the -1 anymore: for example:
goFLPPv.png

Finally got all my games from the B2G1, only one was in original case. One of the games in a Gamestop case was Sakura Wars PS4, but it still had the sticker pack inside. How does that happen?
Same here, did well on the cases, not so much on getting max value for the Free game. Most stores don't even display older stuff anymore, so inventory builds up and makes for fun B2G1 deals. O:)

As mentioned above, just call up the store - ask what stuff has cases - then have them hold it for you to pickup (and not pay tax using trade credit. Might not be as good as all these cash-back deals everyone keeps posting, but that always seemed more nebulous to me.

Qpy61Qa.png

Octopath Traveler II² for $22.5 is great! :razz:

bread's done
Back