The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
They sell the fact that i buy shit online? Have at it.
It's not that they care about you buying online.

They care that you're buying shit online. Why are you buying shit? From what a shitty retailer are you buying from? Is new new shit or old shit? They're in the business of knowing shit.

7fB4gdN.png

Got my B1G1 order in yesterday;  Mario Strikers came sealed but my "new" Xenosaga 3 came complete unsealed with a big price sticker and a bunch of nasty fingerprints on it.  Typical Gamestop.

I wish I still had my switch to take advantage of this sale but I sold it to get rid clutter in my room. the rest of the games like forspoken I’ll wait on a sale from GameFly or Black Friday season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's generally not even local, anything within hours is typically the same price.   Best you can see is checking tracking info and getting pickup location but won't generally have address itself depending on the courier.

I always think what reason do I have to go to GS and sure enough my Xbox one power brick went out again, 2 in 2 years.  Finally found something to use my points for.

I always think what reason do I have to go to GS and sure enough my Xbox one power brick went out again, 2 in 2 years. Finally found something to use my points for.
Did they also reduce the max reward for online redemption? Pretty sure it was $15 before but now I see $10 max in the app. I wouldn't mind going to stores but I hate that they don't open until noon and how they have nothing good in stock.

Did they also reduce the max reward for online redemption? Pretty sure it was $15 before but now I see $10 max in the app. I wouldn't mind going to stores but I hate that they don't open until noon and how they have nothing good in stock.
I'm still seeing $15, I'm looking on the website though not the app.[attachment=37892:Screenshot_20230421-155407.png]

Pretty sure GameStop silently cancelled my Metroid amiibos and refunded me. No email about it whatsoever or update on the site, but I noticed that my PayPal payment finally processed and I'm now charged $10 less. So I guess they're completely out of stock of those everywhere

Not a major deal, mainly ordered them to get free shipping. Would've been nice to get an email about it though

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting on my amiibo and Xenoblade 3 to ship from B1G1. That was pretty much the entire reason I put in the order, so I'll be pretty annoyed if they cancel. They just finally cancelled my P5R steelbook from BF, I knew that was never coming. I can be patient, even if it takes a couple months if I eventually get the game and amiibo at that price I'll be fine.

Still waiting on my amiibo and Xenoblade 3 to ship from B1G1. That was pretty much the entire reason I put in the order, so I'll be pretty annoyed if they cancel. They just finally cancelled my P5R steelbook from BF, I knew that was never coming. I can be patient, even if it takes a couple months if I eventually get the game and amiibo at that price I'll be fine.
If you ordered the Metroid amiibo it's probably gonna get cancelled like mine did, unless a shipping label was already made

So I placed an online order on Sun and got an email on Mon, saying the package is on the way. However, it has been stuck on Awaiting Carrier Pickup when I click on the tracking details. How often does this happen? It's Saturday, and it's been stuck with the same Awaiting pickup message, 5 days already have passed...

They shipped my bayonetta 3 but not xenoblade 3. And I'm pretty sure bayonetta will be open. Hopefully they cancel or ship soon.

I'm still seeing $15, I'm looking on the website though not the app. Screenshot_20230421-155407.png
Wow, didn't realize till now that the $25 and $50 rewards coupon were removed for online redemption as I had been wanting to use it for in-store pickup or shipping. I have a question about these coupons for online purchases. So if I was buying a $14.99 game, is it going to block me from using a $15 because the item is a penny short? If I was buying a single game costing over $30, can I use a $15, a $10 and a $5 coupon for that single item or is it one coupon per item?

Last of my B2G1F and B1G1 games came in- Prime Remastered had the case and both B1G1 games were sealed. So the sale wrapped up good.

Wow, didn't realize till now that the $25 and $50 rewards coupon were removed for online redemption as I had been wanting to use it for in-store pickup or shipping. I have a question about these coupons for online purchases. So if I was buying a $14.99 game, is it going to block me from using a $15 because the item is a penny short? If I was buying a single game costing over $30, can I use a $15, a $10 and a $5 coupon for that single item or is it one coupon per item?
A $15 cert should work on a $14.99 game without issue, but online you cannot stack more than 1 reward or coupon. Even if it's a cert + your month PUR+ $5, so online you can't stack multiple.

EDIT* others have noted you can't check out with a $0 cart so gonna remove edit this.

Don't know how accurate this is but on another forum someone called and CS said the next shipment for Xenoblade 3 copies won't be until mid May

Might be a regional deal, but Dollar General has 10% off Gamestop gift cards. Today's probably the last day.
It's a national deal, and I bought one this morning, but for some reason, I am unable to buy a $10 Xbox Live gift card on Gamestop.com with it.

Leave it up to GameStop to make me using their gift card to buy something extremely difficult.

Is this a new thing where GameStop gift cards can't be used to buy digital currency online?

A $15 cert should work on a $14.99 game without issue, but online you cannot stack more than 1 reward or coupon. Even if it's a cert + your month PUR+ $5, so online you can't stack multiple.
I thought online it didn't let you checkout if the balance was $0? Maybe I'm misremembering

It's a national deal, and I bought one this morning, but for some reason, I am unable to buy a $10 Xbox Live gift card on Gamestop.com with it.

Leave it up to GameStop to make me using their gift card to buy something extremely difficult.

Is this a new thing where GameStop gift cards can't be used to buy digital currency online?
It may have totally stopped when they stopped letting people use their monthly $5 certificates on digital currency online. Works fine in store though.

So I placed an online order on Sun and got an email on Mon, saying the package is on the way. However, it has been stuck on Awaiting Carrier Pickup when I click on the tracking details. How often does this happen? It's Saturday, and it's been stuck with the same Awaiting pickup message, 5 days already have passed...
You'll probably get it without ever updating the order. I have orders where I never got the purchase email or shipping notification.

I had one order from earlier in the week that said "awaiting carrier pickup" and it showed up a day later without updating the status.

Really want to play Star Wars this week but I’m only a few hours in hogwarts legacy by the time I finish it Diablo 4 will almost be out. Might wait for Black Friday on Star Wars .

Callisto Protocol has Game Pass/PS+ Extra written all over it. I'll also wait for Dead Space and Star Wars to hit EA Play and then play them on Game Pass.

These short one and done single player games just aren't worth it anymore when we have these services imo.

Callisto Protocol has Game Pass/PS+ Extra written all over it. I'll also wait for Dead Space and Star Wars to hit EA Play and then play them on Game Pass.

These short one and done single player games just aren't worth it anymore when we have these services imo.
Dead Spare Remake is almost definitely coming to EA Play just when

Callisto 'has it written all over it' but it isnt a certainty. its physical so you can trade or flip if it is a one and done, if you dont want to collect it or replay

Like Sackboy hitting free game of the month. It 'had it written all over it' (especially being PS studios) but I beat it around launch late 2020, it was glorious, and I either traded or sold it for what I found it for.

for $22.99 with my coupon for ps5 used I'm diving in, not a huge investment and been curious / the graphics look great

but I understand the sentiment at same time :p

Dead Spare Remake is almost definitely coming to EA Play just when

Callisto 'has it written all over it' but it isnt a certainty. its physical so you can trade or flip if it is a one and done, if you dont want to collect it or replay

Like Sackboy hitting free game of the month. It 'had it written all over it' (especially being PS studios) but I beat it around launch late 2020, it was glorious, and I either traded or sold it for what I found it for.

for $22.99 with my coupon for ps5 used I'm diving in, not a huge investment and been curious / the graphics look great

but I understand the sentiment at same time :p
Callisto protocol is pretty good. it’s around 10 hours but it’s good. I enjoyed it.

Last of my B2G1F and B1G1 games came in- Prime Remastered had the case and both B1G1 games were sealed. So the sale wrapped up good.

EDIT* others have noted you can't check out with a $0 cart so gonna remove edit this.
Thanks. Didn't know you can't stack coupons and thanks to the other person mentioning you can't check out with a $0 cart. Sure makes using reward points online very limiting.

Anyway, as soon as I saw they were out of stock of Octopath Traveler II Switch online, I didn't bother ordering anything.

bread's done
Back