The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
The only reasons I subscribed was for the monthly coupons and the trade bumps. Guess I'm done shopping at GS as soon as I figure out what I want to use my $15 coupon on that I'll redeem my points for.

I'm unique, but the main reason I subscribe to their Pro thing is due to Game Informer, the physical version. I love physical magazines. So...I really hope that's still an option.

I work 60 hours a week I could care less about the magazines and coupons I just go to GameStop for the nostalgia of old times and talk with some of the guys sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work 72 hours a week and the only time i get to myself is in the shitter so I need the physical game informer magazine because I don't want fecal matter on my phone. (check it out online, your phones have poop on them) I don't even go to gamestop because they are only open while I am at work.

I work 72 hours a week and the only time i get to myself is in the shitter so I need the physical game informer magazine because I don't want fecal matter on my phone. (check it out online, your phones have poop on them) I don't even go to gamestop because they are only open while I am at work.
Thank you!

I work 60 hours a week I could care less about the magazines and coupons I just go to GameStop for the nostalgia of old times and talk with some of the guys sometimes.

You're the strung out "my kid (I swear) really wants this Xbox One X / Star Wars figure / Pokemon collectable thing" guy I always see at GS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot get over the $79 for free shipping. Is this designed to push more business through the physical stores? Seems like an economics experiment to see if people buy more junk just to get free shipping.

I cannot get over the $79 for free shipping. Is this designed to push more business through the physical stores? Seems like an economics experiment to see if people buy more junk just to get free shipping.
I think it's only going to lead to more in store returns...

Weird question, if the GameStop site shows $0 trade in value, are they not taking it? I don’t want to go there for no reason. Thanks :)

Is Fire Emblem Awakening and Kid Icarus for the 3DS worth more then the $25 GameStop is giving with the Zelda promo because I don’t know if the values are usually this high for them on GameStop or it’s better to sell them elsewhere?

Is Fire Emblem Awakening and Kid Icarus for the 3DS worth more then the $25 GameStop is giving with the Zelda promo because I don’t know if the values are usually this high for them on GameStop or it’s better to sell them elsewhere?
Kid icarus uprising has a $60 cart only value on price charting. More if you have the case, and if it’s the big box version even more. Price charting has Fire emblem at $38 loose.

sell them yourself. Not to GameStop.

Kid icarus uprising has a $60 cart only value on price charting. More if you have the case, and if it’s the big box version even more. Price charting has Fire emblem at $38 loose.

sell them yourself. Not to GameStop.
To be fair, $38 through ebay for instance is about $28 after fees and shipping, assuming you go cheap on packaging. That doesn't factor in your time or any supplies either.

For Kid Icarus or something else high value agreed 100% or if you just don't want to mess with Gamestop.

Does anyone know if gamestop has actually stopped accepting trade ins of ps3, Wii, and Wii U games? They just delisted all trade in values for those consoles games and also delisted all games for sale on the website for those consoles. I’m hoping this is just a glitch and they will still accept those consoles games to be traded in.

Does anyone know if gamestop has actually stopped accepting trade ins of ps3, Wii, and Wii U games? They just delisted all trade in values for those consoles games and also delisted all games for sale on the website for those consoles. I’m hoping this is just a glitch and they will still accept those consoles games to be traded in.
I went in to gamestop store recently and they still accept them, but the price is low. I was trying to trade in Wii U FIts and the trade in value is $2.20. I was wondering why until they delisted the games.

$25/year

$5 monthly coupon

5% off: preowned games, collectibles, gamestop branded items, prps, clearance

4 Pro weeks a year

Digital Game Informer only

Points expire 1 year after earning across the board.   Points expire when membership expires.   So no stockpiling either. 

Coupon redemptions from points can NOT be applied towards POSA/Digital content (monthly coupon should remain unchanged with minimum $10 purchase at this time)

So basically pay $25 + 60 to get 120 worth of Eshop / Xbox / psn points.

Nah, it’s been fun but I’m letting my account lapse.

Izembo: when does this take effect and can I extend my pro membership ahead of time?

Izembo: when does this take effect and can I extend my pro membership ahead of time?
June 27th, supposedly. The point expiration mentioned above starts December 1st.

If Game Informer goes completely digital-only, I won’t renew. That’s the primary reason I signed up in the first place. No new physical subscriptions will be allowed, but it says existing ones will continue for the time being. Sounds like the clock is ticking, though.

$25/year

$5 monthly coupon

4 Pro weeks a year

Points expire 1 year after earning across the board. Points expire when membership expires. So no stockpiling either.

Coupon redemptions from points can NOT be applied towards POSA/Digital content (monthly coupon should remain unchanged with minimum $10 purchase at this time)
10% bonus on trade-ins should still be intact though?

$25/year

$5 monthly coupon
4 Pro weeks a year

Points expire 1 year after earning across the board. Points expire when membership expires. So no stockpiling either.

no stockpiling of points? now I’m mad heated . o well it is what it is

Is anyone having issues extending their pro membership now even if it isn’t close to renewal? (Two of) Mine expires in September, considering just adding a year now at the $15 price if I can do that. Bc won’t be extending at $25

Unless I can add another year for $15 I’ll take off auto renewal
I missed out on a $10/10,000 points promo because it auto renewed

They’re definitely gonna do it again or maybe more for the first week or month to get subscribers

Is anyone having issues extending their pro membership now even if it isn’t close to renewal? (Two of) Mine expires in September, considering just adding a year now at the $15 price if I can do that. Bc won’t be extending at $25
You can only renew 3 months early, so you should be able to extend in June.

June 26th, points expiring thing is December 1. Early renewals not within 3 months of expiration seems to be getting blocked soon as well soooo(you already can only earn renewal points once every 9 months since the update a few months ago)

10% bonus on trade-ins should still be intact though?
Correct, missed that

Eh... getting $120 in eShop credit for $85 isn't the worst deal... I mean, it's only 30% off, but that's generally better than most offers.

Don't think I'll be renewing my niece and nephew's accounts for them, though -- I got those as Christmas presents JUST so they could get a bunch of "free" eShop credit.

Okay so all of my points I currently have will expire in December of 2024?
This is what I'd like to know and I'm thinking your point is correct. Or at least I HOPE that's the case. I have 200k points that I cannot spend since I they're best for digital currency (no GS around me allowed the monthly PUR cert on digital currency) but... I don't do digital. But it sounds like I might have to start buying digital currency.

I would be okay with $25 for free shipping or $25 minimum for free shipping.
I would actually support this.

$25 is too much for me. I usually renew during a good trade offer which almost makes a membership free. And that $79 for free shipping means I'd never order online again.

Wow, a whole $2.91 savings on a $10 currency card.

And 5% off is useless as well, since I think online purchases that are paid with trade credit are still taxed. Even ignoring that, you'd have to spend $200 on pre-owned stuff, until the $10 premium pays for itself.

This is what I'd like to know and I'm thinking your point is correct. Or at least I HOPE that's the case. I have 200k points that I cannot spend since I they're best for digital currency (no GS around me allowed the monthly PUR cert on digital currency) but... I don't do digital. But it sounds like I might have to start buying digital currency.

I would actually support this.
that’s what’s killing my mood about this, not the $25 but that points can’t be stockpiled for long. I like doing things slow and mindful I don’t like being rushed to do things like spend points before they expire.

I've been putting it towards Xbox gift cards since you can buy hardware, accessories, etc. on Microsoft's website.

I'm not wild about it, since I already have a PC with an RTX 3080, and pretty much everything on Xbox is being released on PC, but I don't really do digital either (so these past however months there would have been no point double dipping and getting PSN or Nintendo gift cards).

This is what I'd like to know and I'm thinking your point is correct. Or at least I HOPE that's the case. I have 200k points that I cannot spend since I they're best for digital currency (no GS around me allowed the monthly PUR cert on digital currency) but... I don't do digital. But it sounds like I might have
to start buying digital currency.
The points will stop working on digital currency this week according to GS subreddit.

they're cracking down on that a lot more as well and just banning accounts since its against the ToS to have more than 1.  So be careful with that if someone reports it or the program catches it.

Eh... getting $120 in eShop credit for $85 isn't the worst deal... I mean, it's only 30% off, but that's generally better than most offers.

Don't think I'll be renewing my niece and nephew's accounts for them, though -- I got those as Christmas presents JUST so they could get a bunch of "free" eShop credit.
If you are only using it for eshop credit, I wouldn’t renew it. If they close the store(s) near you, gas & time to redeem that monthly $5 will not be worth it.

If you are only using it for eshop credit, I wouldn’t renew it. If they close the store(s) near you, gas & time to redeem that monthly $5 will not be worth it.
Not to mention, they've already tried taking away the ability to use it on that kind of purchase before, and only stopped because of backlash and have already increased the amount you need to buy to use it, you know they are probably going to try that again at some point.

Okay so all of my points I currently have will expire in December of 2024?
No. Starting in December any points expire 12 months from earning. So if you earned them prior to December 1, 2022 they will be gone on December 1, 2023.

Makes sense because they can then have all those liabilities off the balance sheet for year end and get a boost that way.

bread's done
Back