The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Sounds like the kind of thing employees will tell customers - whether or not it’s true.

Might as well lock new console preorders and all preorder bonuses behind the pro paywall too.
Weren't they doing that for PS5s and Series Xs for a while? You had to buy a ridiculous bundle, part of which was Pro?

Sounds like the kind of thing employees will tell customers - whether or not it’s true.

Might as well lock new console preorders and all preorder bonuses behind the pro paywall too.
Lord of the Fallen Collectors Edition was Pro member only for a week or so before it opened up to regular members.

Trade credit is still usable toward Steam cards, right? I’m thinking of offloading my Series X for a Steam Deck, haven’t touched my Xbox in at least 6 months now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed that page explaining it. I'm curious how many here that say they are not going to renew actually follow through with it.
I actually think quite a few, I only shopped there for their good trade values, now that they are dropping like it’s hot, I personally will hold off until they rise again, but I’m sure they will around October.

I missed that page explaining it. I'm curious how many here that say they are not going to renew actually follow through with it.
I'm guessing that the only reason 90% of people ever signed up for it was for the $5 certs on currency cards... and they could double dip. Just think, you pay $10 year to effectively get $120 of currency cards. With that now dead, I could see a lot of people no re-upping.

I see:

Cash Back Categories
Gaming Accessories 10.5%
Pre-Owned & Refurbished 10.5%
Collectibles 6.0%
Virtual Reality 6.0%
All Other Items 4.0%
PowerUp Rewards Pro Membership $2.50
Might be live now
5c076fc7cbb3a6a82c2a52b06897102a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Might be live now
5c076fc7cbb3a6a82c2a52b06897102a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
Very curious to know if this works on PlayStation VR2. I'm waiting for a holiday deal and they usually have pretty good cash back around that time. I have until December 1st to use my point so whatever the best deal I can get before then on a psvr2, I'll use my points and credit for it. It would be nice to get cash back with Rakuten on top of it.

I'm not going to renew, they've taken away too much to make it worth it. But I don't expire till next year. So I will be looking out to take advantage of any deals I can. I got Zelda TOTK for $14 using that trade 2 for $50 off recently and my monthly $5 cert. Been a while since I've bought from them. It's just not worth going in person monthly to use the $5 cert on an eshop card since I'm not near a Gamestop.

I'm not going to renew, they've taken away too much to make it worth it. But I don't expire till next year. So I will be looking out to take advantage of any deals I can. I got Zelda TOTK for $14 using that trade 2 for $50 off recently and my monthly $5 cert. Been a while since I've bought from them. It's just not worth going in person monthly to use the $5 cert on an eshop card since I'm not near a Gamestop.
Same boat. If I could use the $5 on $10 Eshop online, it’d be worth it.

I honestly encourage everyone who is on the fence not to renew. When their numbers look like shit, maybe it’ll force the executives to change their decision. (Of course they’ll just blame the field for not selling the program well enough.)

So GameStop has an otome game I want up for preorder but the online price listed is incorrect (31.99 vs 49.99) If I place a preorder online, will they honor that price?  

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be nice if they didn't blame the associates for poor sales of their new memberships. I feel so sorry for them having to try to sell this new version. It's gonna be a hard sell for $25. I'm also hoping Gamestop changes the program for the better if they don't sell enough but time will tell.

So GameStop has an otome game I want up for preorder but the online price listed is incorrect (31.99 vs 49.99) If I place a preorder online, will they honor that price?
I've heard they cancel price errors like that. But IMO it's worth trying in case it doesn't get canceled. Otome games are very niche so maybe it'll slip thru.

I've heard they cancel price errors like that. But IMO it's worth trying in case it doesn't get canceled. Otome games are very niche so maybe it'll slip thru.
Wario64 posted so I don’t know how under the radar it is now, lol. I’m ok if they cancel. But I assume a store can’t charge you more than what is on your order confirmation email (I used a CC).

This reminds me of Netflix a little bit. GameStop is taking away services and increasing the price. Netflix took away the ability to share an account and wants you to pay $7.99 a month for each person to stay on your account. Netflix stock went up though after the announcement so it'll be curious over the coming months to see how many people actually cancel their Netflix or if there will be a surge in people getting the $7.99 a month plan with ads and Netflix actually gains more viewers.

bread's done
Back