The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
I guess in that case, the salesguy who told me I couldn't use a $50 certificate to buy multiple games was right. I just ended up buying one $19.99 game on Black Friday using a $15 and a $5 coupon that day and did the same the next day on another $19.99 game.

All these arcane rules just makes cashing in points so much harder and GameStop ends up selling fewer games.
They don’t actually want you to use your points. While prob due to incompetence, this policy helps them out.

Looks like GS took down most of their Wii pages, only found a nunhuck, racing wheel, and Epic Mickey still have a page.  Wonder if I'll be able to trade in NSMB.

Pro Week Preview

Select B1G1 new games ( nothing seems interesting random DBZ a Three Houses some yearly filler titles )

Bonus $5 coupon if you renew + 5% off your order

Accessories B2G1 something something

Pops something

PC meh sale

Nothing pre-owned

Last edited by a moderator:
Pro Week Preview

Bonus $5 coupon if you renew + 5% off your order
So you would get $10 ($5 points & $5 coupon) for renewing? It says coupon, so I wonder how that's given out. I was going to do it today, but I guess I will wait till next week!

There’s actually a bigger selection for the b1g1 than I expected. Can’t figure out what to pair with Live a Live though

I guess I will have to wait and see if the 20% bonus trade works on consoles. $210 trade credit for an Xbox Series S seems good.

Does anyone recall from the last b1g1 promo if they were allowed to use coupons? I plan on getting Callisto Protocol along with something but I want to use a $15 certificate.

Does anyone recall from the last b1g1 promo if they were allowed to use coupons? I plan on getting Callisto Protocol along with something but I want to use a $15 certificate.
That's the ironic thing, the $5 monthly coupon and PUR certs don't work on anything in the Pro sale (past experience).

The trade value of the Xbox One White 1TB console went from $80 to $75 today. If the bonus works on consoles, I’ll just be getting $2 more than before ($90 over $88 for Pro). Is that right? Blah.

If the B1G1 works in store I may be using my months old trade credit finally though.

An extra 20% on consoles would be bananas. Series x trade in for $455?

Even total of 20% would be $420.
it is definitely not an extra 20%. it says double your trade in bonus so it is just the regular 10% plus an extra 10%

does anyone know if that extra 10% stacks on top of the bonus for preordering games? for game trade ins of course.

it is definitely not an extra 20%. it says double your trade in bonus so it is just the regular 10% plus an extra 10%

does anyone know if that extra 10% stacks on top of the bonus for preordering games? for game trade ins of course.
$420 is still good. If there was an easy way to convert GS credit to cash or even anything remotely close, I’d do it.

$420 is still good. If there was an easy way to convert GS credit to cash or even anything remotely close, I’d do it.
yeah, i traded my X in last time they had an extra % promo like this. I don't remember what I got but it was either $420 or a little more than that. ended up getting an S for $200 on amazon warehouse deals and used most of that credit during those last buy2, buy 1 get 1 free sales.

PRO is $20 per year right?
It's $15. $20 if you want a physical magazine, which will be discontinued soon. Pro increases to $25 at the end of this month. If you sign up, do it in store since website isn't always reliable. The promotion for Pro Week is supposedly that you'll get two coupons instead of just one.

The trade value of the Xbox One White 1TB console went from $80 to $75 today. If the bonus works on consoles, I’ll just be getting $2 more than before ($90 over $88 for Pro). Is that right? Blah.

If the B1G1 works in store I may be using my months old trade credit finally though.
The extra 10% is working on consoles, too. So base value + 20% with Pro.

That shipping fee kills the B1G1 deal. My closest GS has nothing in stock.
They can order it in store for you. You get free 1-3 day shipping in any store on orders over 24.99

I just did that to get a few of the $30 b1g1 titles without paying for the $7.99 shipping.

The extra 10% is working on consoles, too. So base value + 20% with Pro.
No, 20% is the base value during pro week. It doesn't stack. It doesn't even stack with the 20% diablo bonus. It's 20% or nothing this week.

20% does apply do consoles though. I just traded in a Series X for $420

Edit: nevermind, I read your initial post incorrectly. My bad.

Ok decision time. I can trade in a 3 year old series x for $420. Can get a brand new one for $460 including tax. I really am wondering if there’s a new slimmer one on the horizon.

That's the ironic thing, the $5 monthly coupon and PUR certs don't work on anything in the Pro sale (past experience).
Just got back from GS and I can confirm that certificates do indeed work on b1g1 free titles. I walked out with Callisto, Devil in Me, and I renewed my Pro for a little over $30. Unfortunately I didn't get a $5 renewal on the spot coupon (A Pro Week Renewal bonus only) or at least it didn't show up in my active offers right away. I did get the 5000 points though, so if that's all I get for renewing, I won't stress over it.

Ok decision time. I can trade in a 3 year old series x for $420. Can get a brand new one for $460 including tax. I really am wondering if there’s a new slimmer one on the horizon.
I'm expecting the trade in prices to tank tomorrow to account for the 20% bump :whistle2:&

has anybody been able to get multiples of the buy 1 get 1 free to work online? is this like a 1 offer per account thing or something? I have new versions of Dying light 2, Valkyrie Elysium, Callisto Protocol, and The Devil In me all for ps5 in my cart but only dying light is free

I'm expecting the trade in prices to tank tomorrow to account for the 20% bump :whistle2:&
Yeah I’m 99% sure it will drop tomorrow.

I’m prob too lazy to go but… if I do can I just sign out or do I have to factory reset everything. In case I show up and they’ve already dropped the price this afternoon.

I’m prob too lazy to go but… if I do can I just sign out or do I have to factory reset everything. In case I show up and they’ve already dropped the price this afternoon.
You have to sign out and leave your account on it for the time being. If you do a factory reset it takes them longer to test the console. Just need to make [sure] they fully reset [it] once they’re done.

Edit: a couple of typos fixed.

I always factory reset and remove my account. I don't trust them to do that after I leave. And it's never taken longer to do the trade-in. I'm usually in and out in less than 10 minutes.

has anybody been able to get multiples of the buy 1 get 1 free to work online? is this like a 1 offer per account thing or something? I have new versions of Dying light 2, Valkyrie Elysium, Callisto Protocol, and The Devil In me all for ps5 in my cart but only dying light is free
If you are trying to buy a PS4 or PS5 version of the Devil in me it won’t work. Even though it shows the PS5 version it’s actually the Xbox version if you look at the description. Sadly, the PS4 and PS5 versions are not a part of the deal.

Anyone else still waiting for their xenoblade 3 from the last bogo in April? They shipped my bayonetta 3 although it was opened and played (was supposed to be new). Not gonna order online again, only going to the store from now on.

Can I stack the monthly $5 in store coupon with an in store $50 coupon being redeemed with points? So in essence can I get $55 dollars off?

Anyone else still waiting for their xenoblade 3 from the last bogo in April? They shipped my bayonetta 3 although it was opened and played (was supposed to be new). Not gonna order online again, only going to the store from now on.
I’m still waiting also. Customer service told me it will ship when they get more stock. They also told me that I could request a refund, but I would only get the tax that I paid for the game. Such crap

No, 20% is the base value during pro week. It doesn't stack. It doesn't even stack with the 20% diablo bonus. It's 20% or nothing this week.
So it doesn’t stack with the preorder 20%?

So normally you can get 10% + 20% promo with a preorder (Diablo, ffxvi) when you trade in games, but this week, it’s only 20%?

I’m still waiting also. Customer service told me it will ship when they get more stock. They also told me that I could request a refund, but I would only get the tax that I paid for the game. Such crap
that happened to me one time and it auto canceled after a couple months and when I called they basically told me well it was a free game I didn’t pay for it anyways . that’s why with these BOGO deals they sketch me out online

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it doesn’t stack with the preorder 20%?

So normally you can get 10% + 20% promo with a preorder (Diablo, ffxvi) when you trade in games, but this week, it’s only 20%?
You can either get 30% total (that includes 10% Pro) by trading toward Street Fighter 6, the new Final Fantasy or the Diablo game (they're all still on), or not trade toward those and get the Pro Day 20%. The first deal gets you only 30% despite it being Pro Day. The latter deal gets you a total of 20%. There's no 40-50%, I'm afraid.

I was wondering about canceling the order. They only charged me $1.80 for bayonetta 3 so I figured when xenoblade shipped they'd charge the $60. If I cancel I wonder if they'd charge the rest or I just get a free game.

bread's done
Back