The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Lol local store opens at 11am on Sundays. But only if someone shows up. It was still closed at 1145am this morning.

Gamestop saving me from myself.
They treated employees like shit for so long, culminating in 1 person per day working in some cases. They're a bad company and is hanging on just because they saved some cash after 2021.

Anybody here ever used rakuten when placing an order but it didnt register thru the link? Just dropped $100 on an order and I'd like that 10% if i could.

Anybody here ever used rakuten when placing an order but it didnt register thru the link? Just dropped $100 on an order and I'd like that 10% if i could.
Yeah it has happened to me. There's a way to submit your receipt/order confirmation to customer service and they can manually add it

That would be awesome. You wouldn't happen to have that number, would you?
I did it in the app. Click Rakuten in the top corner, then help center, then missing cash back. Fill in the information that is needed (store, date of purchase, order number, etc.) If I remember right the emailed me asking for a screenshot of my order confirmation and after that they manually added the cash back to my account. You can probably follow these steps on the website too if you don't have the app.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did it in the app. Click Rakuten in the top corner, then help center, then missing cash back. Fill in the information that is needed (store, date of purchase, order number, etc.) If I remember right the emailed me asking for a screenshot of my order confirmation and after that they manually added the cash back to my account. You can probably follow these steps on the website too if you don't have the app.
I appreciate that. Thank you!

Does Dollar General go to 20% off Gamestop gift cards during the holidays?
Not sure, but keep on eye on local grocery stores. Many times I see buy $50 in any gift cards and get $10 to spend on groceries the next week (and everybody has to eat). I also see $10 off $50 on Happy cards and some of those are good towards GameStop.

Anyone else ever get stuck trying to redeem points for an award, waiting for the verification code, but it never comes?

What’s Illuvium ? I don’t understand it. I got a email from GameStop about some exclusive skin. I thought it was about illenium one of my favorite djs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it was Resident Evil Village (regular addition), Nioh Collection remastered (2 Disks) and Returnal. I should have typed in the titles earlier but I'm not only a CAG, I'm a lazy typist who likes to keep people guessing.
Wow, would love to find Returnal but none near me per online stock checker.

Wow, would love to find Returnal but none near me per online stock checker.
None of the games I bought showed up as in-stock for store pickup at my local store. They only had 1 used copy of each title on hand; as I understand when there is only 1 copy it won't show up online.

I know it’s been said before, but the $80 shipping threshold really kills so many orders. It’s extremely unlikely stores have all 4 titles want in the buy4 promos, and it’s annoying to go through the hassle of buying filler and returning it. They really should make a free “ship to store” option.

Any recs for a game to pair with Like a Dragon Ishin for the B1G1? Looking for something close in price
Thought about finally getting it but crisis core nor RE8 gold ps5 are eligible lol. Thought about pm’ing crisis and isshin instore at target with b2g1 but no stores near me has both lol

They removed the ability renew PUR online, right? I should be within my 3 month renewal and I believe the new pricing wasn't supposed to go live until the 25th of this month? 

They removed the ability renew PUR online, right? I should be within my 3 month renewal and I believe the new pricing wasn't supposed to go live until the 25th of this month?
I still see the $15 advertised online. My wonder is if you renew now do they force you into the new program, or are you locked into the current program for 12 months from now?

I still see the $15 advertised online. My wonder is if you renew now do they force you into the new program, or are you locked into the current program for 12 months from now?
As if they could manage multiple programs at one time. Can barely run stores and a website so they can't afford free shipping.

Great game. Likely Like a Dragon will be OOP. (Poor sale in US). Can't beat $20 per copy :)
Appreciate the heads up on this game, Been on the fence with Yakuza series (only have played 6 and then they went and changed it...but I digress). I grabbed that and the PS5 copy of XIII (which I have heard is way better than the 4 copy).

Also have a ton of trade credit to burn through (I might actually pre-order a game from Gamestop :shock: )

Got the first part of my 8 game order. One disk only and 3 others missing the games entirely… Great Job GS, this should be fun to fix 😡

The base TIV of the Series S dropped to $150 and the Series X dropped to $315 base TIV.

https://www.gamestop.com/trade/details/?pid=11207109
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/details/?pid=229049
Big oof. I’ve made peace with not trading in my S though as I wouldn’t know what else to spend the credit on ever since I installed my “new” 5800X yesterday. Such a MASSIVE improvement from my 2600. Getting 8-20 FPS boost in Cyberpunk makes it so much more playable. I think I might just go ahead and finish it instead of wait for the gameplay revamp from Phantom Liberty

The GameStop website has a “Deal” banner on Meta Quest Gift Cards and when you click onto the product page it says “Save on Meta Quest GC” under the Add to Cart button, but then it registers as full price and I don’t see any other details about a discount. Does anyone have any details or is this probably just a misprint?

bread's done
Back