The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Highly doubt it. Had a guy try to trade in psvr2 a couple weeks ago and was denied. Stated they its still remnants of covid restrictions.At the same time, a used vr headset is almost like buying used underwear. It’s something you kinda just don't do.
Not wrong, considering both could have been coated in copious amounts of sailors

Last edited by a moderator:
I normally don't buy limited edition controllers but I impulse bought this one. I'll probably keep it sealed.
Better off buying index funds/ETFs if you want to grow your money. PS4 pro Spider-Man bundle still selling for less than 2X MSRP 5 years later. Plus you have to store it in a temperature controlled environment, hope nobody steals it, and eventually deal with eBay and hoping the buyer doesn’t try to rip you off.

Better off buying index funds/ETFs if you want to grow your money. PS4 pro Spider-Man bundle still selling for less than 2X MSRP 5 years later. Plus you have to store it in a temperature controlled environment, hope nobody steals it, and eventually deal with eBay and hoping the buyer doesn’t try to rip you off.
I bought the controller not the console lol.

Mario Kart 8
Mario Party Superstar
Street fighter vi
red Dead 2 ps4
Red Dead II one
Kirby Return
Tears of the Kingdom

a.jpg

This has to be one of the quietest used game sales, especially a sale with no restrictions. GS did it to themselves with their pricing and the $79 free shipping threshold.

A real-time inventory tracker online to bring people in the store for those single quantity stock items would go a long way. There's no reason for me to go to a random GS considering 1) they're closed randomly due to a lunch break or 2) they're closed entirely midday for the whole day.

This has to be one of the quietest used game sales, especially a sale with no restrictions. GS did it to themselves with their pricing and the $79 free shipping threshold.

A real-time inventory tracker online to bring people in the store for those single quantity stock items would go a long way. There's no reason for me to go to a random GS considering 1) they're closed randomly due to a lunch break or 2) they're closed entirely midday for the whole day.
Gamestop's had multiple sales the last few months that I could neither get free shipping on nor go to my local stores and get what I want. In both cases, I had to skip out. Honestly if their stores weren't usually given only barely enough games to cover preorders, these sales would do their jobs and get me into their stores as sales are intended to.

Really a shame compared to remembering how they were 20+ years ago. It was one of my favorite places in the world, along with Toys R Us and Blockbuster. You'd go in and there'd be affordable excellent games, PS1 and GBA classics lining the shelves. You didn't have to wait for your game to drop to $20 on Black Friday to get the games you kinda sorta want. Didn't have to wade through a session about warranties, preorders, or whatever. You'd sit there chilling, the most of an impulse buy you'd do is buy the strategy guide for the game which was honestly always awesome.

Guess I'm just an old man now, shaking my cane at the world.

ProDay Preview: (add 5% pro benefit to most of next week's promos)

+5% off order when renew (excluding consoles/digital)

Free Pro with PSVR2

+10% off preowned 

+10% trade-in credit / +15% tech trade credit

B1G150% all trading cards

B1G1 select software (Octopath 2 / Dead Space / etc)

$50 off preowned PS4/XB1

$20 off XB controllers

60% off clearance

$30/$40/$70 off Hot Wheels RR/XBSX bundles/SF6 CE

The B1G1 might be interesting. Sitting on a bunch of games to trade that I've been waiting for a bigger trade promo, but might just take them in if values hold.

ProDay Preview: (add 5% pro benefit to most of next week's promos)

+5% off order when renew (excluding consoles/digital)

Free Pro with PSVR2

+10% off preowned

+10% trade-in credit / +15% tech trade credit

B1G150% all trading cards

B1G1 select software (Octopath 2 / Dead Space / etc)

$50 off preowned PS4/XB1

$20 off XB controllers

60% off clearance

$30/$40/$70 off Hot Wheels RR/XBSX bundles/SF6 CE
Did you mean 50% off PS4/XB1 games? That could be great if they don't jack the prices up.

Did you mean 50% off PS4/XB1 games? That could be great if they don't jack the prices up.
Could be $50 off preowned PS4/XB1 consoles. They've offered that before.

Less than $200 for a preowned PS4 Pro would be tempting. Knowing my luck, it still might not be worth it.

Would love 50% off preowned PS4/XB1 games though.

Is that good? I can't keep track of all the deals they've had over the years. Is the 10% trade credit going off pro value store credit or regular? For example, Miles Morales PS5 trades in for $17.60 pro and $16.00 regular. An extra 10% towards regular comes out to $17.60. Have trade in values tanked for most games? I do have some games I would like to sell locally or can trade in to GS if this value is good.

I traded in a few joy cons today with the prices at $33 a pair, seems like I only lost a few dollars by not waiting, they were $26 a pair recently so want to avoid another drop.

Big part of it to me is 1) they just had a b2g1 and I bought a lot of the games I wanted and

2) the no cash back on websites is actually huge. Would have for sure spent like $100 if it was still active. It’s normally a huge incentive for me to buy during these sales because thy normally give you cash back based on the normal subtotal

They sure do. But never have any in stock everytime they do it as I'd buy one of the neat designed pro models for 50 off.
Yeah I rarely see the special ones anymore, star wars one occasionally or spiderman. They have over 10k standard ps4 pro, gonna be a while before they put a dent in that inventory.

I got a couple 500M ones in the past, but shame they almost never have the matching controller.

I got a couple 500M ones in the past, but shame they almost never have the matching controller.
I got one pre-owned 500M but paid close to $500 after taxes for it from gamestop.com and it surprisingly came with the matching controller. I have owned and traded or sold most of the LE ps4 pros- the 500M is my favorite. I sold the LOU2 pro on marketplace for $500 after the ps5 was announced. I haven’t been able to get it since.
Now I’ve got the Spiderman 2 ps5 console pre-ordered. I’m addicted to buying LE consoles!

Anything good to use the $5 monthly coupon on? Doesn’t seem to stack with pro deals and it expires today

The JR detective forced me to put all my of trade in credit towards Madden 24 when I told him i only wanted to put down $5. I geuss he could tell the games I traded in were fresh outta the seal

Their site is up to their old shenanigans again. Dead Space remake and Octopath traveler 2 are part of the B1G1 and are on sale for 39.99 each…until you try to add to cart. It still defaults to 69.99 each in there, typical

Is there anything new/different than stands out on B1G1?  They've done this so often lately, many times with better deals.

Is there a good time to trade in a set of joycons? What's the most I could hope to get these days? Deciding to hold them or sell online.
I think now is pretty good. Honestly $36 is the highest it’s been for a pair these last few months. I’m afraid the high point for these may be gone.

I guess Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection isn't carried in stores. I would have gotten that and something else from the B1G1 but the shipping kills it yet again. Oh well. 

Does anyone have any sort of list for the games that qualify for the BOGO? I’ve clicked on the link advertising the BOGO from their homepage and then narrowed the results to just PS4/PS5 games (which brings the results down to 346), but everything I’m seeing only has the banner “Join or Renew Pro and Save 5%”

With recent BOGOs in the past few months, that banner has plainly pointed out the “Buy 1 Get 1 Free” promotion for qualifying games. Not seeing that at all right now, and the few games I’ve clicked on mention nothing in the way of the BOGO promotion. Am I missing something or have I somehow clicked the wrong link? Could it be a difference between the promotion being on used games instead of new (or vice versa)?

Does anyone have any sort of list for the games that qualify for the BOGO? I’ve clicked on the link advertising the BOGO from their homepage and then narrowed the results to just PS4/PS5 games (which brings the results down to 346), but everything I’m seeing only has the banner “Join or Renew Pro and Save 5%”

With recent BOGOs in the past few months, that banner has plainly pointed out the “Buy 1 Get 1 Free” promotion for qualifying games. Not seeing that at all right now, and the few games I’ve clicked on mention nothing in the way of the BOGO promotion. Am I missing something or have I somehow clicked the wrong link? Could it be a difference between the promotion being on used games instead of new (or vice versa)?
Are you logged in to your Pro account?

It's showing the listing of pre owned games/pricing, the list is accurate, however. Just click the title you're interested in then on the game page select "new" then it will change to "“Buy 1 Get 1 Free”.

Fairly certain that if you go in store and do a "Web In Store order" that the free shipping threshold is only $25 compared to $79 on the website at home.

bread's done
Back