The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
So it looks like B1G1 select games is still alive. However, Wo Long and Wild Hearts no longer seem to be part of the promotion...

Going to try a 3 console trade in tomorrow (Xbox Series S, OG Xbox One, OG PS4). All of them work and will have their necessary wires & controller, so we'll see what they say.

Their site just says select consoles. Doesn't list which consoles are eligible for the extra $50 toward buying a ps5. I would have to think a disc based PlayStation 5 is not eligible since it trades for $385 with Pro and $50 on top of that would bring it to $435. Depending on tax in your state you're looking at about $50 to get a brand new controller and console. Has anyone here tried that?

Probably started selling copies so they had to put a stop to that. Gamestops B1G1 is just full of games they can't move.
Yeah they've done this multiple times this year, where a B1G1 sale gets hacked to pieces once titles start moving. GTA V on current gen got removed pretty fast from one. I think Elden Ring on PS5 was another. If something is still on sale 2-3 weeks later, it's usually the slow movers, and almost always gutted titles lol.

Can the PS5 be returned in full and switched for a Series X, while keeping the $50 console boost? How much will the employee dislike me?

Not sure if anyone else has ran into this yet or not. A friend renewed their membership a couple of months back before it expired. Paid for it in store to renew. The account never reflected that they had renewed it. So they lost all of their points.

Another friend renewed yesterday and upon looking at their account it also hasn't updated to reflect the renewal of the membership. He's awaiting a response from their e-mail customer care team in regards to it.

In short, if you renew in store verify your account actually gets renewed.
This happened to me a month or two ago. The guy redeemed my points for renewal and scanned the coupon, but forgot to ring up the renewal so it just acted as a $15 coupon on my purchase in that transaction so it wasn't all lost at least. Didn't notice what happened until I was driving back. When I went back the only "fix" was to redeem more points for a renewal and actually do it right that time.

Had dead space for XSX in my cart. Was trying to find a game to do B1G1 with. And like 30 mins later it was taken off the promo lol

Follow-up to last post, a GS said they can take any combination of Switch/PS4/XB1 consoles, but there can't be any repeats of models. So can't trade 2 OG Xbox Ones or 2 Switch Lites.

Once there isn't a tornado warning, I'll try my original plan... OG XB1, OG PS4 & Xbox Series S.

If that works, I'll probably do a OG XB1, OG PS4, PS4 Slim & Xbox One S trade later this week.

Gamestop's site appears to be offering the B1G1 on digital Switch games, at least some of them.

How long do digital orders usually take to process?  I purchased two titles with a gift/trade card, and I've noticed that my order is just marked as "pending" -- I don't remember digital orders being stuck in limbo before, so I'm a tad annoyed.

Gamestop's site appears to be offering the B1G1 on digital Switch games, at least some of them.

How long do digital orders usually take to process? I purchased two titles with a gift/trade card, and I've noticed that my order is just marked as "pending" -- I don't remember digital orders being stuck in limbo before, so I'm a tad annoyed.
up to 72 hours

How long do digital orders usually take to process? I purchased two titles with a gift/trade card, and I've noticed that my order is just marked as "pending" -- I don't remember digital orders being stuck in limbo before, so I'm a tad annoyed.
What's coming up B1G1?

Overcooked all you can eat switch is only $5 digital. Can I use a $3 cert on it online? I don’t want to redeem to try because of the ticking clock.

Kinda odd that a Switch OLED is worth less than a Series S for trade in.  I have a Series S new and Splatoon OLED Doing nothing.  That PS5 trade deal sounds like a winner.

Appears they fixed it. Digital no longer works. Also previously both used and new games were working on the b1g1 (I placed a pick up for a used and new game). That loophole was closed too.

What do you mean it took him awhile to find the promo? Was it not automatically applied?
Sorry for the late reply. Before even starting the trade I asked about the promo. He had not heard of it and started looking it up on the computer/register. After much scrolling he finally found it. I assumed he had to punch the promo code in instead of the register doing it automatically. If you have issues the promo code is 29508.

Placed an order for pickup for GrimGrimoire Once More (new) and Hyrule Warriors AOC (used) when the B1G1 allowed me to mix/match like that earlier today.  Didn’t want to pay for shipping and there was a store further out that supposedly had them.  Went to pick up and got a complete Hyrule Warriors and a sealed GrimGrimoire.  But the most shocking thing was that there were 3 employees working at this store.  Must be the most successful store in the state for that to happen.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wish they'd bring back the $25 online or $50 online/in-store certificates again. Having to liquidate points in $40 increments in store (which means having to pray they have something and aren't too busy) or even smaller online is a drag.

They aren’t going to bring bigger certificates back.  With the expiration rules that go into effect December 1 no one will have that many.  And they want to make it difficult for anyone with a horde of points to use them all before that goes into effect.  

Placed an order for pickup for GrimGrimoire Once More (new) and Hyrule Warriors AOC (used) web the B1G1 allowed me to mix/match like that earlier today. Didn’t want to pay for shipping and there was a store further out that supposedly had them. Went to pick up and got a complete Hyrule Warriors and a sealed GrimGrimoire. But the most shocking thing was that there were 3 employees working at this store. Must be the most successful store in the state for that to happen.
Sealed copies and adequate staffing? Hope you bought a mega millions too.

They aren’t going to bring bigger certificates back. With the expiration rules that go into effect December 1 no one will have that many. And they want to make it difficult for anyone with a horde of points to use them all before that goes into effect.
Also known as 'pulling a Best Buy'

Two scumbag retailers that only be missed because of the void they leave in the B&M world, not for their recent practices.

Chances of getting Labyrinth of Galleria, Void Terrarium 2, Atelier Ryza 3 Sealed?
If doing pickup, decent since if it shows 1 for pickup it generally means they have 2 (1 sealed, 1 a gut). If doing shipping, not very good since their system attempts to source them all from the closest store that has them all and 1 place having them all sealed is not very likely.

Is anyone having trouble returning games ordered online? The manager of my local store recently moved on, and he told me that ordering 2 copies of each and returning the extras to guarantee I got good cover art or a sealed game was perfectly fine. The new employees at the store say that online and retail are 2 separate businesses and they can't take returns. It was 1 game, it wasn't like I had a bunch of returns.

Is anyone having trouble returning games ordered online? The manager of my local store recently moved on, and he told me that ordering 2 copies of each and returning the extras to guarantee I got good cover art or a sealed game was perfectly fine. The new employees at the store say that online and retail are 2 separate businesses and they can't take returns. It was 1 game, it wasn't like I had a bunch of returns.
They are supposed to accept returns in store except for certain situations. The return policy also basically says the store can do whatever they want.

I haven't returned anything bought online recently, but that just sounds like lazy employees who didn't want to bother learning the process.

>I haven't returned anything bought online recently, but that just sounds like lazy employees who didn't want to bother learning the process.

That's what I was thinking, but wanted to make sure. I'm really getting discouraged with the local Gamestops, it seems like all the long term employees are gone, and the new employees don't stick around long enough to learn how to do the job.

Then they treat customers like its the first time we have shopped there, when many of us have been shopping with the company since those employees were in diapers.

I just returned 2 games that I purchased online yesterday. They were both buy 1 get 1 free.

The employee scanned them both and they both came up as a full refund for each. I told him that one of them was free but he said that's fine. I didn't complain so he gave me full credit for both... I made money.

GameStop is so weird sometimes.

bread's done
Back