The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
I had to dig several pages back but it was noted it went through 9.9

Now if that's really true we'll see. It'll suck if it doesn't but I'm hopeful tomorrow when I bring my shit in it'll ring up.

The 25 dollar bump on select systems showed too.
oh wow. amazing. thanks for confirming.

I’m surprised there’s no Labor Day sale. I’m good with games especially with Black Friday season around the corner I was just trying to buy some Pokémon cards b2g1 .
Markets in the crapper, high greedflation, and GameStop already being in a bad place means no sales.

Most places aren't doing big sales.

I’m surprised there’s no Labor Day sale. I’m good with games especially with Black Friday season around the corner I was just trying to buy some Pokémon cards b2g1 .
So no Labor Day sale tomorrow?

Does anyone know if they convert CE into Preowned?
The website no longer shows the CE. There was a CE saw a month ago and wonder if it may switch to Preowned?

[attachment=38157:Screenshot_20230903_095658_Gallery.jpg]

Saw this yesterday afternoon lol, literally the middle of the day on Saturday. Then I had to tell the other store that they do in fact take Wii games and accessories when the employee didn't feel like searching them in the system. This place fucking sucks

"Markets in the crapper" which means no sales is the big brain CAG economics lesson that I come here for.
What,you want me to go into a more thorough analysis; subscribe to my substack™ for more.

Shit's bad for people and GME is also tanking, dead cat bounce not withstanding.

Corpo shares being up otherwise due to greedflation hits a lot of folks right now. So less ability for GameStop to price cut or loss lead and people with less discretionary funds means bad news for both parties.

But hey, you don't come here for econ, so just ignore me and don't bother posting a response. ;)

PSA don’t let GameStop fool you with “free” preorders. Picked up my Spider-Man controller which was paid off and the guy used my monthly $5 cert to take $5 off from the controller and apply $5 from the controller towards a preorders. sounds confusing but I don’t know how to explain this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSA don’t let GameStop fool you with “free” preorders. Picked up my Spider-Man controller which was paid off and the guy used my monthly $5 cert to take $5 off from the controller and apply $5 from the controller towards a preorders. sounds confusing but I don’t know how to explain this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He basically turned your $5 cert into a pre-order by doing the Gamestop shuffle.

Last edited by a moderator:
What,you want me to go into a more thorough analysis; subscribe to my substack™ for more.

Shit's bad for people and GME is also tanking, dead cat bounce not withstanding.

Corpo shares being up otherwise due to greedflation hits a lot of folks right now. So less ability for GameStop to price cut or loss lead and people with less discretionary funds means bad news for both parties.

But hey, you don't come here for econ, so just ignore me and don't bother posting a response. ;)
Your argument would hold more water if you didn’t use terms like “greedflation.”

idk I assume that worker really has no choice. They are paid trash, life stuff comes up.
Yep. I don't even blame the individual. This is on the company... when you only staff one person per store, this is going to happen.
Even crazier to me is that the Gamestop has those stores staffed by 1 person still have to join in on hour+ long conference calls during store hours.

This thread basically exists purely to help people take advantage of Gamestop's idiocy and to optimize loopholes in the process due to systemic inefficiency, and you guys are complaining about their idiocy and the existence of that poor system? Enjoy it while it lasts.

Your argument would hold more water if you didn’t use terms like “greedflation.”
How else do you want to capture false inflation used to prop up stocks? I'll use that word.

Is there an agreed upon term beyond that? No. Saying it's the semantics, not the argument, is real dumb stuff.

I just got an email that showed that offer. any ps4, ps5, xbox one, switch, series x/s an extra 50 towards a series x system.
yeah, tempted to trade in my series S and find out, but the extra $50 may be negated by the fact that they only have the diablo bundle in stock near me

yeah, tempted to trade in my series S and find out, but the extra $50 may be negated by the fact that they only have the diablo bundle in stock near me
Guys, Diablo bundle is $500 on woot. And there’s a 10% cash back via retail me not. (Happy to share my retailmenot referral code if it’s ok and helps anyway)

Guys, Diablo bundle is $500 on woot. And there’s a 10% cash back via retail me not. (Happy to share my retailmenot referral code if it’s ok and helps anyway)
thought about the woot route, but i would get the standard at $470. my main issue is trying to maximize my gamestop credit to get it for alot less out of pocket.

This thread basically exists purely to help people take advantage of Gamestop's idiocy and to optimize loopholes in the process due to systemic inefficiency, and you guys are complaining about their idiocy and the existence of that poor system? Enjoy it while it lasts.
Also exists for lazy people to ask some variation of a question:

• Hey guyz anybody got some good flipz?
  • Hey guyz anybody try X trick yet?
  • Hey guyz what's the new promo?

There is the new b1g2 clearance promo, but nothing much worthwhile. Otherwise a funko sale and the never ending dollar discount on xb1 and ps4 consoles.

B1g1 select new games is ongoing until early October, but that's a gamble that has been discussed already.

There are some 4 for $## promos coming up later this month, but not that exciting.

idk I assume that worker really has no choice. They are paid trash, life stuff comes up.
I meant the company for scheduling single coverage and not training their employees properly. Not blaming the employees, although it's tough to feel bad for them willingly working at GameStop when they could earn more money and have less responsibilities at another employer

I meant the company for scheduling single coverage and not training their employees properly. Not blaming the employees, although it's tough to feel bad for them willingly working at GameStop when they could earn more money and have less responsibilities at another employer
Willingly is a stretch. Most of the employees left at GS aren't able to leave and would never get hired anywhere better. Harsh but true.

Anyone's account ever been banned for too many returns from online orders?

I wanted to order some switch games from the Buy1get1 deal and they are not in stock locally anywhere, nope not even Atelier Ryza 3. This will be a gamble as they most likely can arrive in gutted new condition.

I wished Amazon included more games from their price match BOGO deal.

Willingly is a stretch. Most of the employees left at GS aren't able to leave and would never get hired anywhere better. Harsh but true.
My local Gamestops have employees that have more put on them by management then any other retailer that I know of and do pretty darn good at it.

I wanted to order some switch games from the Buy1get1 deal and they are not in stock locally anywhere, nope not even Atelier Ryza 3. This will be a gamble as they most likely can arrive in gutted new condition.

I ordered 2 Ryza 3 last week, both gutted.

I’m sitting on $400+ of trade credit at GS, looking for suggestions. PSVR2 or Steamdeck? Any opinions on the GS “refurb” Steamdeck?

Are you one of these people who thinks inflation is "when prices go up" or are you giving the moderately based take that the people who inflate the money supply are motivated by greed?
Greedflation is when prices keep going up as services, quantity, and quality keep going down, while CEO to worker pay widens. It's corporate greed to please the already excessively rich, at the expense of the workforce and the consumer. Every corporation is watching the other raise their prices and they want their cut too. There's no reason why prices should be so high in every facet, the cost of living right now is obscene.

My 2 Ryza 3s were both gutted as well, both from different stores.

Greedflation is when prices keep going up as services, quantity, and quality keep going down, while CEO to worker pay widens. It's corporate greed to please the already excessively rich, at the expense of the workforce and the consumer. Every corporation is watching the other raise their prices and they want their cut too. There's no reason why prices should be so high in every facet, the cost of living right now is obscene.
Also, innovation has gone out the window in exchange for bottom-line cuts. The latter grows profits and doesn't require any investment, so Wall Street loves it, which then leads to bigger CEO bonuses for making better profits, etc. Gamestop is a perfect example of this too.

Gamestop decided that stores should barely have 80-90 hours a week of payroll for a business that's open about that long, and they probably split this between 3-4 people to keep them below 32 hours a week. It hasn't innovated in ages, we're still talking about weird system quirks that have existed as long as CAG has, and now we have the bonus of another easy way of cutting costs... lower inventory costs. They missed the retro train from 2020, they still limit trade-ins at a time when their in-store stock is pathetic, and the people in charge decided the best way to fill all that space was tchotchkes like POP figures and random plushies.

I've done a lot of business at GS this year, and I would guess that every time I've been in the store, they've turned somebody away looking for a game because not only did they not have it in stock, but no stores nearby did. I've heard them send people to local retro stores more often than not. Heck, during Sony's "back to school" sale, I couldn't find a new copy of MLB The Show 23 in stock within a 25-30 mile radius.

and now they are running a promo where you get extra $ for trading in towards a series x, but most stores do not even have a series x in stock.

Also, innovation has gone out the window in exchange for bottom-line cuts. The latter grows profits and doesn't require any investment, so Wall Street loves it, which then leads to bigger CEO bonuses for making better profits, etc. Gamestop is a perfect example of this too.

Gamestop decided that stores should barely have 80-90 hours a week of payroll for a business that's open about that long, and they probably split this between 3-4 people to keep them below 32 hours a week. It hasn't innovated in ages, we're still talking about weird system quirks that have existed as long as CAG has, and now we have the bonus of another easy way of cutting costs... lower inventory costs. They missed the retro train from 2020, they still limit trade-ins at a time when their in-store stock is pathetic, and the people in charge decided the best way to fill all that space was tchotchkes like POP figures and random plushies.

I've done a lot of business at GS this year, and I would guess that every time I've been in the store, they've turned somebody away looking for a game because not only did they not have it in stock, but no stores nearby did. I've heard them send people to local retro stores more often than not. Heck, during Sony's "back to school" sale, I couldn't find a new copy of MLB The Show 23 in stock within a 25-30 mile radius.
You still have local retro vg stores??

LMAO

bread's done
Back