The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Has anyone else had problems with their in-store pro renewal not showing in their online account? I renewed on Sunday because I was trading in my series x and the bonus made it free. I tried the online verification process but I’m not getting an email with the verification code.
Have to sign out of your account on the website completely and sign back in. Then it will show the updated expiration date.

I went back and counted.  Over the last 30 days, and four receipts at four different stores I purchased eleven t-shirts for a grand total of $88.  That is the extent of my Gamestop shopping these days.  Some were full price and BOGO, others were $5 clearance shirts.  That's my first good month of GS shopping in about a year.

Gamestop-shirt-pickups-9-27-23.jpg

I'll be going to Macy's later today where they sell these kind of pop culture shirts for $24.99 or

Last edited by a moderator:
I went back and counted. Over the last 30 days, and four receipts at four different stores I purchased eleven t-shirts for a grand total of $88. That is the extent of my Gamestop shopping these days. Some were full price and BOGO, others were $5 clearance shirts. That's my first good month of GS shopping in about a year.

Gamestop-shirt-pickups-9-27-23.jpg

I'll be going to Macy's later today where they sell these kind of pop culture shirts for $24.99 or <.

If you "don't ever wear video gaming t-shirts out in public" be sure to reply and tell us so that we know!
I would never wear a video game t-shirt out in public.

I have a few gaming shirts that were ~$5. Can’t stand any graphic t shirts with the thick ink. You know what I’m talking about - like someone slapped a fruit roll up on your stomach.

Lol, maybe back in college where a tshirt with unbuttoned flannel shirt was in style, but fuck the 90’s were a long time ago.
I'm almost 50 now. I wear whatever the hell I want when I go out. Video game t-shirts (with or without a flannel,) cargo shorts, who gives a crap what others think about what I'm wearing.

Having said that, I do make sure things are clean when I wear them. That's something my parents stressed upon me and I 100% agree with that being a condition of whatever I'm wearing.

I'm almost 50 now. I wear whatever the hell I want when I go out. Video game t-shirts (with or without a flannel,) cargo shorts, who gives a crap what others think about what I'm wearing.

Having said that, I do make sure things are clean when I wear them. That's something my parents stressed upon me and I 100% agree with that being a condition of whatever I'm wearing.
There’s like a bell curve of how much you care about what others think in wearing whatever the hell you want in life. It starts with being a kid and wearing dress up pajamas to get groceries with your parents to spending your teenage years till your 30s or so worrying every moment about your wardrobe to getting into your 40s and just saying to hell with it, what’s fun and comfortable (especially if you’ve already got kids and are married) is what I’m wearing.

Yikes if that isn't the truth redvsblue. 

tshirt wise they had a good sale on them a while back. I think it was 5 for 10 or 20 or something like that. 

ordered 20 games from the 4 for $10, 4 for $20 and wow. all but one are original cases, including a complete copy of bully with manual on xbox 360. 3 games were sealed and several others look like new games that were converted to preowned. 1 game (tales of zestria) came in a generic case. going to buy a powerball ticket now.

Ps3 or ps4 for zesty? I've never seen a ps3 copy with case art same for p5 vanilla ps3. Maybe because they are such late life cycle releases.

Ps3 or ps4 for zesty? I've never seen a ps3 copy with case art same for p5 vanilla ps3. Maybe because they are such late life cycle releases.
Now you've seen one, but no I didnt get it from gamestop.[attachment=38199:16958798625241397511377491647701.jpg][attachment=38199:16958798625241397511377491647701.jpg]

ordered 20 games from the 4 for $10, 4 for $20 and wow. all but one are original cases, including a complete copy of bully with manual on xbox 360. 3 games were sealed and several others look like new games that were converted to preowned. 1 game (tales of zestria) came in a generic case. going to buy a powerball ticket now.
I should probably play the lottery too. I ordered 5x games for local pickup and all 5 were in the original correct cases. I mean they're all "nothing special" ps4 games, but still, nice added bonus

Has anyone else had problems with their in-store pro renewal not showing in their online account? I renewed on Sunday because I was trading in my series x and the bonus made it free. I tried the online verification process but I’m not getting an email with the verification code.
For what it’s worth, I still never received the verification email but 4 days after I did the pro-renewal it just showed up in my account online. GameStop gonna GameStop I guess…

Starting December 1, 2023, points are valid for one (1) year from date of accumulation (that is, the date of when the points are posted to or recorded on the Member's Account provided the Member remains active in the Program. "Active" is defined as the Member having a current GameStop Pro Membership in good standing with a qualifying purchase in the past twelve (12) months). All of Member’s points, which include points the Member has previously accumulated prior to December 1, 2023, will expire one (1) year from the date of accumulation. For example, all of Member’s points accumulated before December 1, 2022 would expire on December 1, 2023. If a qualifying purchase is not made within 12 months, all accumulated points shall be forfeited and the Membership is subject to closure at GameStop's discretion. All of Member’s accumulated points will expire immediately upon termination or expiration of Member’s GameStop Pro Membership, whichever is earliest.
Just a friendly reminder to start using your points if you've been building them for a while. IIRC they start expiring in November.

I need to use my last rewards certificate before my sub expires. Since I won't be renewing. Been buying decorations for the game room lately. Might finally pickup a pixel frame. 

Just a friendly reminder to start using your points if you've been building them for a while. IIRC they start expiring in November.
When this news first came out, the date that was given was December 1st for the rollover of points. Has it been pushed forward?

On another note, I took advantage of the 4/$20 sale in the local store. Both PS3 and 360 titles are included in the sale. Also, they had select T-shirts on clearance for $5, buy one get two free.

Picked up:

Dead or Alive 5 :ps3:

Ninja Gaiden II :360:

Tenchu Z :360:

Monster Jam Uban Assault :wii:

+Three shirts (Pong, Teddy Rick, Maruchan Instant Lunch).

Total bill after $5 monthly and taxes was $20.33.

GameStop's survival demands 'extreme frugality,' CEO Ryan Cohen tells employees

If he thinks gamestop isn't frugal now, wow
"Our job is to make sure GameStop is here for decades to come. Extreme frugality is required,” he said.

“The company has no use for delegators and money wasters. I expect everyone to treat company money like their own and lead by example."

I expect everyone to roll up their sleeves and work hard. I'm not getting paid, so I'm either going down with the ship or turning the company around. I much prefer the latter.

What a total donkey. Going down with the ship…. Coming from someone that can easily earn $100 million+ in interest a year. “I’m not getting paid”, you don’t need to, pretty sure regular employees are paycheck to paycheck if not worse.

Yeah, he also has no experience running brick & mortar.   All of his projects have been failures internally and generally scrapped quickly.  Most of the things are things other leadership teams have already done over the past 15 years and failed but he did them again because he got rid of everyone who could have told him certain things don't work.   His only "working" strategy has just been to cut costs to stop bleed, this is just more of the same.   It just gives them time, not a plan.

Got the $212 in credit for my Series S a couple days ago. My sons haven't touched their Switch Lite's in a while (usually only on vacation). Does the extra $20 apply to the Lites as well? Might offload both for $97 if so.

Gift Cards and trade credit can no longer be used to buy gift cards (non PS/Xbox/Nintendo) it seems. There is a message excluding the payment option during checkout. I tried last night in store and payment wasn’t accepted either when I was buying it along with $10 PS4 card. Truly an end to the good times.

Yeah, he also has no experience running brick & mortar. All of his projects have been failures internally and generally scrapped quickly. Most of the things are things other leadership teams have already done over the past 15 years and failed but he did them again because he got rid of everyone who could have told him certain things don't work. His only "working" strategy has just been to cut costs to stop bleed, this is just more of the same. It just gives them time, not a plan.
He’s got extremely lucky with Chewy. He won’t turn GS around.

I expect everyone to roll up their sleeves and work hard. I'm not getting paid, so I'm either going down with the ship or turning the company around. I much prefer the latter.

What a total donkey. Going down with the ship…. Coming from someone that can easily earn $100 million+ in interest a year. “I’m not getting paid”, you don’t need to, pretty sure regular employees are paycheck to paycheck if not worse.
He's not speaking in metaphors he's talking about fucking off to his yacht

Which btw the Gamestop employees have time to clean if they have time to lean!

before December - Do your points expire when your membership lapses? My membership expires at the end of next month and I won't be renewing.

If they don't, I might try to hang onto my points for Black Friday deals.

Gift Cards and trade credit can no longer be used to buy gift cards (non PS/Xbox/Nintendo) it seems. There is a message excluding the payment option during checkout. I tried last night in store and payment wasn’t accepted either when I was buying it along with $10 PS4 card. Truly an end to the good times.
Wait, does this mean Trade credit can’t be used for Steam cards?

bread's done
Back