The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
I am now getting "Gift Cards and Trade In Credit cannot be used to purchase: Valve Steam Wallet Card $50" on GameStop.com when trying to use trade in credit.

I am now getting "Gift Cards and Trade In Credit cannot be used to purchase: Valve Steam Wallet Card $50" on GameStop.com when trying to use trade in credit.
Dude, this has been true for at least … ehhh who fucking knows anymore. GS just changes things Willy nilly. And never for the better.

Can anyone name a single change that’s been good for the consumer in the past year? 5 years?

Just got back from Gamestop, traded in my series s (got the extra 50) for the diablo xsx + COD MW3 vault edition (free). Trade in deal is still going on.

What did they give you for the series s?
Sorry for not including it in my previous post. $187.50 (base trade-in $137.50 + bonus $50)

After the rep took another 15 bucks off (account coupon), I paid like 331ish. Not bad for an upgrade to something more powerful, disc drive, double the storage, and 2 new games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think I’ll trade in demon souls and astral chain to get $50 off Mario rpg
Plus you get free buttons too, not bad

Didn’t pre order so I wonder if they ordered enough copies

The T2G50F40+ promo ends on 11/19, and Super Mario RPG releases on 11/18. For those that have yet to pre-order or are still on the fence, you can trade-in two games from the most wanted list and essentially get SMRPG for free. Gonna break even with Cold War (PS5) and Miles Morales (PS4) since both are valued at about $25 each on eBay.
My mistake everybody. For some strange reason, I was under the impression that SMRPG was priced at $49.99. It's actually $59.99, so for those of us who want to take advantage of the promo will have to fork over an additional $10. I previously bought Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition at the same price with the same promo and had to pay the extra $10. Guess I'll redeem 10K points there. Also, correction: SMRPG released about 4 hours 20 minutes ago lol.

Anyone have any luck trading two towards a $40 game and pocketing the rest (as it says is possible on the webstie)? Think I might just pick up Metroid Prime Remastered for $40 with MLB + Elden Ring PS4.

edit: pocketing likely not the right word

Anyone have any luck trading two towards a $40 game and pocketing the rest (as it says is possible on the webstie)? Think I might just pick up Metroid Prime Remastered for $40 with MLB + Elden Ring PS4.

Not sure a February game would be considered a new release. Maybe I am misinterpreting the promotion though. I see it as new release as opposed to new condition.

Not sure a February game would be considered a new release. Maybe I am misinterpreting the promotion though. I see it as new release as opposed to new condition.
It doesn't have to be a new release, just new-condition priced at $39.99+.

Has anyone used the $50 towards a game and returned it to get the $50 back? I wanna get PSN gift cards and I'm stuck with Gamestop and BestBuy giftcards (which can't buy PSN cards). Thinking of picking up Miles Morales PS4 for $15 from Gamestop and MLB from BB for $10 and trading towards Hogwarts Legacy.

It'll work fine but good luck finding that in store, they don't even list metroid dread new on their website so you will have no clue if a store has it or not. It only works on new (condition) games $40+, preowned games won't count or anything on sale that drops it below $40.

If it doesn't work mario RPG or mario wonder should be fine albeit more expensive.

Has anyone used the $50 towards a game and returned it to get the $50 back? I wanna get PSN gift cards and I'm stuck with Gamestop and BestBuy giftcards (which can't buy PSN cards). Thinking of picking up Miles Morales PS4 for $15 from Gamestop and MLB from BB for $10 and trading towards Hogwarts Legacy.
Yes, just don't return at the same store and/or on the same day.

Might be a stupid question but how do you apply the $5 off instore pickup? Trying to order Super Mario RPG but nowhere do I do a discount when I get to the payment page.

Might be a stupid question but how do you apply the $5 off instore pickup? Trying to order Super Mario RPG but nowhere do I do a discount when I get to the payment page.
I didn't see it working on it either. They must be excluding it because someone forgot to flip the status from preorder to available.

Just kidding, I see the discount now.

Best Buy with MLB 23 PS4 for $10…for you traders.
Maybe mix with a little Morales
You sir deserve MVP for the day. I was gonna dump by copy of RE4 Remake and wait for it to go on sale for $20 (probably by April of next year at the earliest) but didnt need to. Traded in MLB and Astral chain towards Wonder and it worked. Paid six dollars and change but better that than the QVC deal and playing the chance game with a copy from a different region and also waiting for the game to be shipped and then eventually arrive.

Best Buy with MLB 23 PS4 for $10…for you traders.
Maybe mix with a little Morales
You are definitely MVP! Do you understand how much gas you're helping us all save!??? Less trouble to hunt down $10 to $15 games from the GS most wanted list off of OfferUp.

Was able to trade 2 copies of MLB 23, Miles and another game to use towards 2 games all in 1 transaction. The employee was really chill about it and said he's not gonna be working much longer due to employee and customer treatment. Gonna miss him and him letting me use both of my account's $5 at the same visit. I hope he's able to work somewhere that treates him better.

Was able to trade 2 copies of MLB 23, Miles and another game to use towards 2 games all in 1 transaction. The employee was really chill about it and said he's not gonna be working much longer due to employee and customer treatment.
2 copies of MLB for PS4 in one transaction? If so, well done

I have an order for 2 copies of MLB in for pickup at Best Buy locally, which will hopefully get fulfilled. Also used up my double dip coupon + in store pickup promo to get a PS4 Miles for just over $11 with filler item. If it works, just over $23 to get $50 in credit isn't too shabby.

GS did go live with some decent sales that stack with the $5 off $15 and $5 monthly coupon - FF XVI, Ragnarok, Yoshi's Crafted are a few I found.

I have the PS5 Miles Morales and that doesn't qualify. I'll have to see if I have 3 other games that would get a good bump with the extra % trade in next week.

Got an order of MLB for pick up at Best Buy and Miles Morales at Gamestop, plan on trading both for Assassin's Creed to get that for $25 out of pocket ($15 paid in trade credit at miles morales and $10 for MLB), should end up with a few dollars in credit on top of that. Anyone try price matching a game while doing the trade 2 towards $39.99 game? If I can price match Assassin's Creed it would make this deal even better. 

I just ordered a game for pickup and of course the $5 in store was not available and my $5 coupon for the month was not valid...reasons #425 and #426 why not renewing when the membership expires

Got an order of MLB for pick up at Best Buy and Miles Morales at Gamestop, plan on trading both for Assassin's Creed to get that for $25 out of pocket ($15 paid in trade credit at miles morales and $10 for MLB), should end up with a few dollars in credit on top of that. Anyone try price matching a game while doing the trade 2 towards $39.99 game? If I can price match Assassin's Creed it would make this deal even better.
I tried price matching in the past with RE4, but the associate said it wouldn't work/wouldn't do it, and I didn't press to try. So, in GS terms, I know this is a non-answer :fridge:

Last year I bought a 500GB PS4 slim from Gamestop and it came with a busted eject button. I took it back to the store and the return was relatively hassle free. So, this year I saw them listed for $144 ( which I assumed was a Pro price- it wasn't) so I pulled the trigger. $155 with tax to the door and what do you know? To my shock and horror it DIDN'T look like some 8 year old had vomited all over it. Its fully functional and looks decent. Also, it was actually a 1 TB model.

I tried price matching in the past with RE4, but the associate said it wouldn't work/wouldn't do it, and I didn't press to try. So, in GS terms, I know this is a non-answer :fridge:
Yeah that's what I kinda figured. Might wait until tomorrow to see of AC goes on sale. Does the 2 for $50 last until end of business tomorrow?

Super Mario RPG has this promo: "Power Trade Eligible: Get 20% extra credit when you trade-in games towards this title in store."

Does that stack with the trade 2 get $50?

bread's done
Back