The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
That shouldn't be the case. The monthly coupon not working on platform currency doesn't kick in till this upcoming Friday. Again like earlier in the year, I don't expect it to last long.
Almost 2 weeks ago they refused to let me use it. Didn't even attempt just told me it wasn't allowed to work anymore.

while the buy 2 get 1 free preowned was still going, i managed to get mario wonder, mario rpg and robocop shipped. now trying to decide whether or not to trade wonder back and make the other 2 even cheaper.

Anyone actually get on the Discord during downtime? Those guys hate all of us 😂
Went on. Made me realize I still hate discord.

Didn’t help that I had a viral infection with a secondary bacterial infection. I was lost/confused by discord, but that could’ve been because I felt like I was dying. Got a Zpak yesterday and holy shit do I feel better today.

Can confirm that the trade bonus of 40% (50% with Pro) is still active as of today. It might have been my eyes, but I thought I saw that the bonus activated with only 2 games being traded in, instead of the 4 that had been mentioned. I couldn’t fully confirm before they added my other games.

Can confirm that the trade bonus of 40% (50% with Pro) is still active as of today. It might have been my eyes, but I thought I saw that the bonus activated with only 2 games being traded in, instead of the 4 that had been mentioned. I couldn’t fully confirm before they added my other games.
20% bonus with 2 trade ins, 30% with 3, 40% with 4+

Yeah, that’s what I thought, but again, I saw the full bonus be added just after two games (and their values didn’t change after more than four were added). I’m just gonna chalk it up to my old eyes.

Will this work with any 4 games? Or do they have to be games that show up on their website as something they'll take? I've got 2 games I want to trade in but for the bonus, thinking about just trading in two old PS2 or GC games if I can as fillers.

Will this work with any 4 games? Or do they have to be games that show up on their website as something they'll take? I've got 2 games I want to trade in but for the bonus, thinking about just trading in two old PS2 or GC games if I can as fillers.
i don't think we know the particulars about what older gen games trigger the bonus, but i doubt anything not listed on the website would work.

Should work with anything on the website with more than a penny trade value. Stores taking retro are very YMMV. Had to hit 3 stores before one would take my PS3/Wii games. $2.50 base was the lowest I traded so far. Have some .25 games to try if I can find more flips. Maxed out my 4 copies each of Redfall, and Mlb The Show 23. Waiting for 2 more Redfalls from VGP, that are supposed to come with steelbooks, which I will keep.

I have 4 or 5 games I could trade in. Seems like a pretty good deal. Spider-man MM for PS5 doesn't have a trade in value though. I can call them and see what it is.

If anyone comes across some good flips post them. I am about $150 short of a new PS5 for the family. Wife offered to pay the difference, but just cant spend real money at gamestop. Wanted to trade in all my Dualshock 4 controllers, but the guy was like, black is $12, any other color is $20. Traded the colored ones kept the blacks.

Miles Morales PS5 does show up if you search, it's the ultimate edition that doesn't have a value because the spider man remastered is a code so all trade copies are considered standard.

The people in the discord are some grade-A weirdos who live in an echo chamber and are delusional/entitled. Glad that’s over with, I’ll still lurk it to mess with them though.

Borderlands 3 XB1 has a $2 base and that was able to activate the promo for me as my 4th game.

If a trade value isn't showing on an item listing just google it like this: gamestop trade miles morales ps5

Miles Morales PS5 does show up if you search, it's the ultimate edition that doesn't have a value because the spider man remastered is a code so all trade copies are considered standard.
That was my problem. I was looking at the Ultimate Edition which is the one I have. I will first see what the games I want to trade in are going for locally cash first before I trade any in. Pros get 50%? So I trade in 4 games or more and get an extra 50%?

The people in the discord are some grade-A weirdos who live in an echo chamber and are delusional/entitled. Glad that’s over with, I’ll still lurk it to mess with them though.

Borderlands 3 XB1 has a $2 base and that was able to activate the promo for me as my 4th game.
Seems to me like they had a small group and then were bombarded when people started flowing in. I think a lot of people don’t understand GameStop trades. Wonder how much the discord use spiked over the last few days.

I didn’t try it with more than 4 games in one transaction but can confirm that 4 games get 50% after pro. Got $30 for TT Isle of Man 3 and $52.50 each for Spider-Man 2 and Mario wonder (beat both)

Last edited:
That was my problem. I was looking at the Ultimate Edition which is the one I have. I will first see what the games I want to trade in are going for locally cash first before I trade any in. Pros get 50%? So I trade in 4 games or more and get an extra 50%?
4 is the minimum for 40%. Because you are a Pro member, you will automatically get a 10% boost on any trade tier. HOWEVER, make sure the GS employee wrings up your account BEFORE scanning your games first. One out of a handful of trades I made this week showed a receipt where the 10% Pro boost didn't apply properly. I am currently short $1.60 on that full Redfall trade along with the values of three other games. Before sliding your TiV card, double/triple-check to see the 10% boost on the touchscreen device.

Last edited:

every discord that isnt a friend group is like this. the only reason they dont make it invite only for their core friend group is cause they want extra attention. i like this place cause it reminds me of the old internet a bit

My four Inin games came in. All sealed, but the combos were held together with stickers and shrink wrap. Luckily the stickers came off the cellophane with no issue.

Great deal, about $12.50/game for me.

It's good to be back, and it sounds like I made the right decision to skip the Discord route.

The 50% bonus worked without a hitch for 4 games I brought in on Sunday, hopefully it lasts at least through this week while I scrounge together another pile of stuff.

Anyone by chance know TIV for Valkyrie Elysium and Wild Hearts for the PS5? Stores are still closed here for another hour+ and neither show values on the tradein page.

Took a gamble and ordered 3 N64 games during the buy two get one free sale. Two of the three were quite obviously fakes so I returned them to a store.
The third game ended up being free.

Welcome back everybody.
So what are you guys getting with your points since they are supposed to expire December 1st? They really made it difficult to use them. They removed the online $25 certificate and nothing seems to be in stock anywhere near me.

Welcome back everybody.
So what are you guys getting with your points since they are supposed to expire December 1st? They really made it difficult to use them. They removed the online $25 certificate and nothing seems to be in stock anywhere near me.
December 1st!??? Not January 1st!???

[Edit]: December 1st points expiration confirmed for NON-Pro Members.

[Edit 2]: I'll just return my Dead Island Hell-A Edition (yeah, haven't opened it yet) from a couple weeks back. Then, I'll have a GS associate redeem the in-store $25, $15, $10 certs and "repurchase" it. I'm not quite understanding the FAQ's regarding points expiration. So do the oldest purchase to points accumulation expire or does the latest one after 12 months? Confusing, I'll just return some other stuff and use the points for convenience sake.

Last edited:
Anyone by chance know TIV for Valkyrie Elysium and Wild Hearts for the PS5? Stores are still closed here for another hour+ and neither show values on the tradein page.
If a game is either grayed out or non-existent on the TiV page, then GS will not accept them. If, for example, Assassin's Creed III for PS3 is valued at $0.01, then yes they will accept it. In another case, Miles Morales Ultimate Edition is not accepted, but they will take Miles Morales (all discs are the same). Just make sure to show them the TiV if they're persistent about being correct, or just remove the Ultimate Edition cover art and/or case to expedite the trade.

got the bonus on a $1.50 game today

hate dealing with gamestop and all their crap but they screwed up again in my favor, sent me two copies of mario wonder and robocop rogue city from my buy 2 get 1 order, ending up being a buy 2 get 3 free.

If a game is either grayed out or non-existent on the TiV page, then GS will not accept them. If, for example, Assassin's Creed III for PS3 is valued at $0.01, then yes they will accept it. In another case, Miles Morales Ultimate Edition is not accepted, but they will take Miles Morales (all discs are the same). Just make sure to show them the TiV if they're persistent about being correct, or just remove the Ultimate Edition cover art and/or case to expedite the trade.

If you don't know what you are talking about it's better not to speak definitively. Games that Gamestop does not have pre-owned stock of on the website will not show trade values like Wild Hearts and Valkyrie Elysium.

Believe Wild Hearts is down to $6 base. Did you ever check?

bread's done
Back