The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Believe it means you get a minimum of $50 by trading in two of those games. If the value is more than $50 combined, you get that value but if it would be less than $50, they bump it to $50.
both trade in value become $25, for a total of $50. Then, it will add your 10% pro from the original TIV of the each game. So if the original TIV of both games were $20, you will get a total of $4 extra on top of the $50.

It was pretty easy to find for a while, especially after the PS Plus free copies of 7 Remake got the PS4 to PS5 upgrade, but then it became crazy expensive for some reason or another, even before all the Rebirth hype. (EDIT* Actually I lied, it looks like the price started going up just as the first Rebirth trailer came out.)

I found a $40 copy at a retro store while visiting my brother when it was cheap-ish and bought it then because I wanted to play the game again and also wanted to play InterMISSION, but I never did either. Worse yet, I didn't realize InterMISSION was DLC and not on disc... LOL
They always raise the price when the popularity of the game goes up.
I also have a couple of games that I bought but haven't played yet. I've played them a couple times, but I found them boring and old.

Lol at Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore (Switch) being one of the 2 for 50 tradeins. I've been looking for it in store forever but have been told literally no GS stores have it in stock anywhere. And I refuse to pay the $11 shipping from Gamestop.

Lol at Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore (Switch) being one of the 2 for 50 tradeins. I've been looking for it in store forever but have been told literally no GS stores have it in stock anywhere. And I refuse to pay the $11 shipping from Gamestop.

There actually is one store that has it, maybe, but it's in Alaska haha.

Also, not sure if it's still a thing, but if you have Pro, you may be able to do a WIS order instore and get free shipping for orders over $25, I think that's the threshold. I haven't personally done it, so not sure. Not many copies left available online to order.

Also, not sure if it's still a thing, but if you have Pro, you may be able to do a WIS order instore and get free shipping for orders over $25, I think that's the threshold. I haven't personally done it, so not sure. Not many copies left available online to order.

I've asked several stores about in store ordering and they claim ignorance on it. I refuse to order shit just to return it to get free shipping..but maybe it's worth a gamble. Probably what's online though is just questionable cartridge only.

Fwiw I'll probably just wait for it be on sale again digitally. If ever. Also curious if GS is going to pick up digitally the new Switch games that came over from Microsoft.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-game...eboot-re-bundle---nintendo-switch/402823.html - $24.99 New - Gamestop to Gamestop Flipping isn't dead. These just the standalone games shrink wrapped together with a new sticker placed over the back to scan. The UPC's for the games themselves would trade individually for the prices.

https://www.gamestop.com/trade/details/?pid=349167 - $15.40 with Pro. $18.20 with Pre-order.
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/details/?pid=349184 - $15.40 with Pro. $18.20 with Pre-order.

Had a few packages arrive where the employee simply pulled the sleeves and left the case on the shelf. Yikes. Taking those back and going to try and make a complaint if they can find out who shipped them.

Had a few packages arrive where the employee simply pulled the sleeves and left the case on the shelf. Yikes. Taking those back and going to try and make a complaint if they can find out who shipped them.

Yeah good luck with that. I'm sure the "nobody gives a shit" department is all staffed up.

Yeah good luck with that. I'm sure the "nobody gives a shit" department is all staffed up.
Well this kid at GS wanted to make a complaint before I asked but he doesn't know how to figure out who shipped it. He also tried refunding me $135 for 4 games I paid $25 for lol..had to make sure he used the price I paid not the current prices (most were still tagged as new).

WIS Free Shipping is $35. I used it twice yesterday to order some of the 50% titles that I didn't want to pay shipping for. I should've put one order in on the website instead of driving to GameStop twice (live and learn).

Bought a lot of niche games that my local stores didn't have in stock and I didn't feel like driving around to look for. There is a user here that will warn you of the dangers of WIS but its like any other GS.com order. Order and wonder afterwards (glad I have extra mint cases handy)

My order has broken into two shipments and one (with 3 games) is arriving tomorrow and the last game is due to arrive on Thursday.

We'll see.

I ordered 5 games. My order was split into 2 shipments. 1 game is arriving today, and the other 4 games are arriving on Friday.

This game has an interesting gameplay. I haven't played it, but the description looks promising. Do you like it? What do you think?
Haven’t played it yet personally… for $3, couldn’t resist adding it to the backlog. Watched a YouTube video where all the commenters were praising it though!

I was bummed to have missed out on the extra 50% trade for Switch games (by a day) but it looks like the values of some games may have increased, so I guess I’ll see if I can trade some in toward MvsDK just to get the bump (and the game).

First shipment of my order came in today. Tunic, YS IX, Star Ocean Second Story R, and Nayuta Boundless Trail all opened "new" in a sleeve but complete so overall not a big deal.

Had three separate opportunities to get Watch Dogs Legion used with steelbook for only $2.99. Two slipcovers (one PS4 and one XB1) have chipped corners and the undamaged one (another PS4) has scrapes and scratches along the underside of the steelbook...all had 4-year-old factory sticker residue. Took another hard pass on Dead Cells Return to Castlevania (PS5) for $17.99. Unless they're "hidden gems", I'm strictly limiting my cash out to $12 for each game. Idk...still debating about Dead Cells, but at the same time I don't wanna get burned like with Undernauts, and I might just ask to do some switcheroos with Watch Dogs tmrw. On the brighter side, nabbed myself some DLCs!

Last edited:
If anyone has a half price books in their area, they make GameStop trade in values seem generous in comparison. I took like $200 worth of games and merch in to see how much they would give, they also sell used games at msrp or above. I knew I was probably walking out of there with most I brought in, but I laughed out loud when they offered $15 total. This included Mario Wonder within a week of release. Outright theft.
Half Price is horrible with trade in and resell. The only thing I saw ever at a half proce video game wise was a PS3 for $75 (controller and cables included)

My gamestop order came early. I ordered Ys IX PS5, Trinity Trigger PS5, Sword and Fairy Ps5, Demon Gaze EXTRA PS4, and Rhapsody PS5. Trinity Trigger was the only one sealed. All of the others came open but complete. The DLC code paper for Demon Gaze was creased in half, Rhapsody art book had creasing on the top, those 2 bug me, will probably sell or return them. Ys IX included 2 art books for some reason, one had some wear on it. Overall, an okay order.

3 of my 4 games came today and only one looked like it had ever been used, so I'm guessing the other two were converted from new to pre-owned.

Star Ocean: The Second Story R - Complete
Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails - Complete (including soundtrack and art book)
Diofield Chronicles - Complete (but used)

5/5 gamestop "new" for my haul.
Haven't gotten a real sealed game from Gamestop online since early 2023 (it doesn't bug me as much as some people because I only buy during deep discounts). These are definitely all store shelf copies. Do they even ship anything from a warehouse anymore?

Went to trade for the 2/$50 Rebirth promo and was told to come back tomorrow. Apparently after 3pm the day before a game release, the system does not recognize promos. That’s what I was told at least. GS gonna GS…

made an order this past sunday some of my order came today
Mortal Kombat 1 Premium Edition Switch (gutted but complete with DLC)
We Love Katamari REROLL and Royal Reverie Switch (gutted but complete)

still waiting for
Raiden III x MIKADO MANIAX Deluxe Edition PS4 (Awaiting Carrier Pickup)

Took a chance on a used copy of Trails into Reverie for PS5 and used my online $5 monthly, came in today and it was fully complete, great deal for $19 after coupon and glad I got lucky.

Took a chance on a used copy of Trails into Reverie for PS5 and used my online $5 monthly, came in today and it was fully complete, great deal for $19 after coupon and glad I got lucky.
No luck here on a preowned Switch copy. Received cartridge only in generic case lol. That's what I get for not ponying up $6 more for a 'New' copy, at least it would've been complete.

2 of my games came in.. Rune Factor 3 CE was sealed, but Vampire The Masquerade NS came "new" but has no bag or sticker. I was planning on just returning all the "new" games but I'm guessing I won't be able to return this/be told by the employee I opened it.

Went to trade for the 2/$50 Rebirth promo and was told to come back tomorrow. Apparently after 3pm the day before a game release, the system does not recognize promos. That’s what I was told at least. GS gonna GS…

That promo doesn't work for preorders anyway, only when you're actually buying the game.
It does work because I did it this past Sunday, but I believe yesterday was the last day because I no longer see the promo. I traded in 1 copy of five nights at freddys and ps4 spiderman miles moralesfor a total of $53.40. I got both those games for $10 bucks each a while back.

It does work because I did it this past Sunday, but I believe yesterday was the last day because I no longer see the promo. I traded in 1 copy of five nights at freddys and ps4 spiderman miles moralesfor a total of $53.40. I got both those games for $10 bucks each a while back.
https://www.gamestop.com/trade2

It's still listed here and they had signs posted up in-store today. I will be pretty ticked if they don't honor it tomorrow...

They couldn't even complete sales of the game today, it's extremely likely this was coded for a midnight release and never updated when GS didn't allow that.

These promos have never cut off before a game releases before but this is Gamestop, incompetence and inconsistency are the rule.

I bought a PS4 new controller along with Star Ocean 2nd story R. The controller was just a filler for the free shipping.

I'll be returning Star Ocean, as it was a OPEN new copy. Out of curiosity how many people actually got an actual factory sealed copy?

I'm guessing no local stores has this, it's currently not even available on the website for the PS4.

bread's done
Back