The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
If I redeem my GameStop points online with a certificate, will it work with this game? The $5 monthly won't apply so I'm curious if GS online credit will. I am guessing no and google is telling me mixed things. I think I remembered anything digital will not work with certificates online. This should probably be in the sticky in this thread.

Last edited:
Sony has discounted the ps5 slim disc console bundle with Spiderman 2 to $450. I just picked it up at gamestop for $425. You get a $25 discount if you spend more than $250 in store. Great deal.
Check out this product I found on GameStop!

IMG_1777.jpeg

How long is the 4 doe $40 promo going on? And what day do new sales generally go into effect (I'm guessing Monday)?

Was going to get Call of Duty Modern Warfare II, since it was $19.99 on Sunday. But then went up to $22.99 on Monday. So it wasn't eligible for the 4 for $40 promo.

Hoping some other games drop below $20, as right now it is extremely slim pickings nearby.

How long is the 4 doe $40 promo going on? And what day do new sales generally go into effect (I'm guessing Monday)?

Was going to get Call of Duty Modern Warfare II, since it was $19.99 on Sunday. But then went up to $22.99 on Monday. So it wasn't eligible for the 4 for $40 promo.

Hoping some other games drop below $20, as right now it is extremely slim pickings nearby.
I've asked many GSAs today, and they said B4FX0 ends Saturday.

Sony missed their PS5 forecast by quite a bit, so either this is them trying to make up for it or a Pro model is definitely inbound. I've waited this long, I can wait to see if a Pro model comes out this year.

The rumors were PS5 Pro in Q4 2024. Wouldn't be surprised if Sony is delaying announcement so it doesn't hinder sales of current inventory.

Was considering selling my PS5 and just rolling with the PS4 Pro until GTA VI comes out, but there's only about a $200 difference between a PS4 Pro and PS5 these days, not sure its worth going without a PS5 for a year.

The only thing the pro could do is more stuff at 120 Hz. Most people don't even have 'variable refresh rate' TVs capable of operating at 4K 120+ Hz. So I'm not sure what the point of getting a supposed Pro would be.

The pro will likely run games in performance mode without sacrificing resolution. Every PS5 game running in 60fps currently looks like ass so this will be a godsend.

I really hope there's no Pro. Bots and scalpers are already prepping to cut the lines, and if the PS5 launch is any definitive proof, Sony won't give a 🦆 as to whoever gets their next consoles. Even the Portal was challenging to get, and it's flex trash...Expect to wait another year or two for "stock to normalize" on the Pro and PS6. Sony's bad behavior, pandering to politics, laying off employees, while enabling scummy opportunists aren't worth supporting let alone paying at MSRP.

"Play [Has] Limits"---Sony irl.

Last edited:
I stopped by my store to check on any games for the buy 4 for $20/40 but they were really barren. But I did spot that Watch Dogs Legion steelbook and grabbed it. It rang up as $90 but had the manager check and rang it up as the pre-owned price.

I really hope there's no Pro. Bots and scalpers are already prepping to cut the lines, and if the PS5 launch is any definitive proof, Sony won't give a 🦆 as to whoever gets their next consoles. Even the Portal was challenging to get, and it's flex trash...Expect to wait another year or two for "stock to normalize" on the Pro and PS6. Sony's bad behavior, pandering to politics, laying off employees, while enabling scummy opportunists aren't worth supporting let alone paying at MSRP.

"Play [Has] Limits"---Sony irl.

Whatever. I don't care what the company does in its free time so long as it has games. Playstation has the games and I like the fact that the PS5 makes my PS4 games run better. Compared to Microsoft, Sony clearly also cares about giving me physical releases. That's a big deal to me. Nintendo of course also supports physical releases. That makes my current and future choices very easy.

Some people had percentage off coupons, or stuff like that.
The coupon was 10% off basically just cut tax. With red card discount it still wouldn’t be under. $300. I got a $25 certificate for buying the ps5 because a target reward so that cut the tax for me but, still isn’t adding up. Ain’t no way it was under $300.

The best deal was $350 at target, especially if you were able to get customer service to sell you any of the PS5 bundled (Spiderman 2/MW3). Could easily bring the price down by selling the code. Some cards offered cash back, plus red card discount and whatever circle offer people were stacking.

I don’t know if it’s been said here as well, bing deals has a % back on buying stuff from GameStop. Been using it lately as to most apps shut down cashback with them, I’ve seen it goto 6% on preowned stuff so far. I think it’s normally around 0.8% for new better then nothing it shows % on what you buy though if you’re registered and use edge.

Iirc there was stacked offers but extremely ymmv on circle at the time and i think like 1 person got both of them. I think the other one was 15 off 75 25 off 125, 50 off a 250$ 75$ off $300 purchase. and the other previously mentioned 10% off. But I could be mistaken. There were also people using circle cash from previous stuff the prior week where you had to make x # of purchases. So they may be factors. The exclusions also included Sony from what I remember but didn't apply at the start of the offer as per usual before it was oos and such everywhere.

Either way it was near impossible to repeat that especially in store on top of the already extremely tempting price. I had thought about it myself but was too late to the party. As my friend told me about it and she got hers and she wasn't planning on getting one. But it was already oos by the time I checked. Not that I need to get one anyway since I'm perfectly content with my ps4. And not all games are compatible with the bc anyway like nier automata has a few issues I've heard.

Last edited:
The best deal was $350 at target, especially if you were able to get customer service to sell you any of the PS5 bundled (Spiderman 2/MW3). Could easily bring the price down by selling the code. Some cards offered cash back, plus red card discount and whatever circle offer people were stacking.

Did exactly that. PS5 spiderman slim for $350 then had $100 in target credit. Fun part is it's still sealed in the box. Bought it for funsies as I already had a launch PS5.

Last day for B4FX0! What'd you guys get?
Grabbed 8 for $80 all complete
Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes (Switch)
Tactics Ogre Rebirth (Switch)
Forspoken (PS5)
Like a Dragon Ishin (PS5)
AEW Fight Forever (PS4)
Eternights (PS4)
Ghostbusters TVG Remastered (PS4)
Trials of Mana (PS4)

Last edited:
Grabbed 8 for $80 all complete
B4F40 CIB:
Lost Odyssey (360)
Steelrising (PS5)
The Pathless (PS5) {iam8bit; art cards and poster}
Untitled Goose Game (PS4) {manual, map, sticker}

B4F20 (CIB):
Tales of Zestiria (PS4)
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line (PS4)
X-Men Destiny (PS3)
Yooka Laylee (XB1)

Others:
Dragon Quest V Hand of the Heavenly Bride (NDS)
Watch Dogs Legion Ultimate Edition Steelbook (PS4) {$5; factory sealed stickers}

Last edited:
Extra $25 trade credit on Xbox Series S/X and ps5. Might want to trade in today Sunday if they don't drop the values lol.
So original disc would be $410? If so, that’s $45 after tax to upgrade if you order the new system online for $25 off. I might consider that if I’m able to sell the Spider-Man 2 code…nearly break-even.

My launch PS5 was making some loud sounds when I played Spider-Man recently. Not sure if that happened to others, but I’ll probably take advantage of this promo.

Edit - forgot that the slim has the 1TB SSD instead of the random 825, so that’s nice.

Last edited:
Wow, that's a better deal than I got when the slim released 4 months ago. I didn't expect the slim with game to actually be cheaper and the tiv to hold so soon. I believe I traded in my launch PS5 for $425 and the Modern Warfare slim was $499.99.

Trading in my launch PS5 for $410 to get a PS5 Slim and Spider-Man 2 for $450 seems like a great deal. I have been meaning to pick it up, so $40 seems like a solid dead just for the game code, not to mention the new PS5. I would also get a new warranty and probably a longer lifespan. It looks like the PS5 slim is smaller with slightly more storage and maybe gets a little hotter. Is there anything I am missing?

Is there anything I am missing?
You didn't factor in the extra $25 off $250 promo. But that's just extra icing. My original disc model is out of warranty, so that's going to push me to do the trade if the tiv and promos hold through tomorrow.

For me, the total for the slim order is 454.64 after sales tax and applying the monthly $5. Is there any site that gives cashback with trade credit? I used Rakuten for this in the past.

Last edited:
You didn't factor in the extra $25 off $250 promo. But that's just extra icing. My original disc model is out of warranty, so that's going to push me to do the trade if the tiv and promos hold through tomorrow.
Yeah the trade-in promo compliments the decent base TIV, $25 off $250 deal, $450 sale price, as well as the game code.

Yeah the trade-in promo compliments the decent base TIV, $25 off $250 deal, $450 sale price, as well as the game code.

Dang, I did not think about this. So it's more like a $15 upgrade (not including taxes). I guess I know what I am doing with my afternoon. Thanks guys!

bread's done
Back