The 3 games you've been waiting to go down to $19.99 or lower, the LONGEST?

lockarm

CAGiversary!
Since this website is cheapassgamer, and we're all waiting for our favorite games to go down to the magic number of $19.99, which three games are you waiting for and for how long?

1. MGS3: I waited since Nov 2004 for it to go down, and I would've bought it last year, if Subsistence hadn't been announced. Twenty months and counting...

2. Resident Evil 4: Waiting since Jan 2005. Would've bought the GC version if the PS2 hadn't came out (since I rarely ever play Gamecube). Eighteen months and counting...

3. Shadow of the Colossus: Waiting since Oct 2005. Beautiful game. I feel that if the game had regular small enemies, npc's and mini-bosses in addition to the sixteen Colossuses , it could have been Game of the Year, and a possible true Zelda killer.

Side note: Come to think about it, this is my first lead topic as well :lol:

I can't believed you waited that long just to save a few bucks (true cheapassgamer).
MGS3 was $10 for a long time.
MGS:3 Subsistence can be purchased at Best Buy for $25 using the GGC (and can be found cheaper in the trading forum every now and then).
RE4 for the gamecube is only $15 with the GGC.
My CompUsa charges $29.99 for Shadow of the Colossus and it is about to be a greatest hits.
I'm just amazed that you have the will power to wait this long.

Basically, just about everything that has been mentioned already.

Shadow of The Colossus (We might be getting that soon though!)
Mario Power Tennis
Mario Strikers
Mario Kart

The only Mario sports game that I was able to obtain cheap is Mario Golf, but one of my favorites is Tennis, which I can't even find around me.

Most games just don't take that long. For example, MGS3 I waited for 2 months - came out in Nov. 2004, but by Jan. 2005, it was $19.99 at KB Toys. Resident Evil 4 I waited a year, then got for $10 at TRU. Really, it's never been longer than 12 months for a console game; for whatever reason, I tend to buy handheld games for cheaper. And with new consoles this fall, I'll probably be buying a few key titles at full price to tide me over for a while.

Not much:
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
Ace Combat 4
Shadow of the Colossus

I pretty much bought every game I wanted, that's not discounted, already. I mostly buy RPGs, and I will pay full price for almost everyone of them.

Shadow of the Colossus
Hello Kitty Roller Rescue (still 29.99 at TRU)

I got Super Smash Brothers Melee the one week it was on sale at Target for $17 or $19 -- I forget which. It never went down to that price again.

[quote name='basketkase543']Super Smash Bros. Melee. It's been about $30 for a few years now.[/quote]

It's now $20 at Wal-Mart.

[quote name='RaPtOrsIII']Marvel vs. Capcom 2[/QUOTE]

Good luck finding that one at $19.99.

Until recently, I had been waiting for We Love Katamari to get a price drop but that changed after the CC sale. Right now just like everyone else, I'm waiting for a price drop on Shadow of the Colossus. Although it makes me wonder if it will make Greatest Hits since Ico never did.

[quote name='the ender']It's now $20 at Wal-Mart.[/quote]

Does Best Buy sell it for $20.00?

I wouldn't mind picking up a new copy for $15.00 after GGC. ;)

Waiting:
Mario Kart DD
Lego Star Wars for gamecube: But now that I have a PS2 I'll stop waiting
Breath of Fire for the GC
Mario Baseball / Strikers would be nice

Fulfilled:
Paper Mario
Starfox Assualt

If you didnt buy Shadow of Colussus at first day, I feel sorry for you. The game was completely amazing, and blew my mind... I'd probably not care as much if I was playing a 360... but at the time, it was the most awesome game I've ever played.... still is... but graphically it looks like hell now, and I would be annoyed now.

Meh, I'm not a fan of waiting a long, long time so I can save a little money. If anything, I'd say Shadow of the Colossus though. Still, I usually buy stuff when it comes out assuming that the Fry's ad has a good deal that I can PM.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']If you didnt buy Shadow of Colussus at first day, I feel sorry for you. The game was completely amazing, and blew my mind... I'd probably not care as much if I was playing a 360... but at the time, it was the most awesome game I've ever played.... still is... but graphically it looks like hell now, and I would be annoyed now.[/quote]

Looks like hell now? Are you insane??

High resolution and insane amounts of pixels do not always a beautiful game make. The artistic style and visual ambience this game presents are second to none, even today.

[quote name='mkg12']Psychonauts[/quote]

Psychonauts has been $19.99 for a while.

I was waiting for Indigo Prophecy at $20 for a while, just waiting for a used copy for cheaper. Umm.. Super Princess Peach is one I want for $20 or less.. I wouldn't mind Black for $20 or less, especially since it works for 360.. Battlefront 2, but that was fulfilled last week..

[quote name='Roufuss']Generation of Chaos (Cmon, this game had to have flopped)[/QUOTE]From what I heard in a feature story, on Playstation.com, the game actually did very well, compared to many NIS games. It could be because it was carried at more retailers (Usually, NIS games are only at EB/Gamestop, Fry's, etc.). Also, being one of the only RPGs on PSP, probably helped it. But yeah, I want a price drop on it too, since I want to get it also.

As for MS Saga, I'll just say I got a really good sale on it. ;) The price should drop sometime this Fall, I'm thinking.

I waited on Devil May Cry 3 (it made it even better when they did the SE) and God of War. Even though I've only played both combined for like a total of 3 hours since I got them back in Feb

[quote name='Samurai T']From what I heard in a feature story, on Playstation.com, the game actually did very well, compared to many NIS games. It could be because it was carried at more retailers (Usually, NIS games are only at EB/Gamestop, Fry's, etc.). Also, being one of the only RPGs on PSP, probably helped it. But yeah, I want a price drop on it too, since I want to get it also.
[/QUOTE]

I wonder how many of those sales were returns back to EB / GS though? ;)

I kid, but it seems alot of people I encountered wanted it to be like Disgaea and got something completely different.

[quote name='RaPtOrsIII']Marvel vs. Capcom 2[/QUOTE]

I actually saw this in a store for $29.99 new last year. Unfortunately, I was broke and out of work at the time.

[quote name='Example']King of Fighters '02//'03
Pac-Man World 3 (I like it, so shut up)
Dynasty Warriors 5

------------------------
A.[/quote]

King of Fighters 02/03 is 20 bucks new at EB/Gamestop. If you can't find one, I have an extra I'm willing to trade.

[quote name='asaraa']Just seems like a long time:

Mario Superstar Baseball
Super Mario Strikers[/QUOTE]

Yup and add to it:

Mario Kart Double Dash (29.99 aint no true value price gaame)
Mario Tennis

and I wish that any of the Mario Party GCN games would go PC.

Shadow of the Colossus and Psychonaugts are both good choices I've heard so far as well.

[quote name='kennistond']Star Wars: Republic Commando
It's still $50 at my Circuit City and Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

I've seen repubplic commando for $20 recently at my BB I believe. It's also this price at Gamecrazy.

[quote name='Scorch']Psychonauts has been $19.99 for a while.

I was waiting for Indigo Prophecy at $20 for a while, just waiting for a used copy for cheaper. Umm.. Super Princess Peach is one I want for $20 or less.. I wouldn't mind Black for $20 or less, especially since it works for 360.. Battlefront 2, but that was fulfilled last week..[/QUOTE]

Where have you seen Psychonaugts for $19.99 other than Gamecrazy? None of the ones I went to had any in stock.

[quote name='Fire']Yup and add to it:

Mario Kart Double Dash (29.99 aint no true value price gaame)
Mario Tennis

and I wish that any of the Mario Party GCN games would go PC.

Shadow of the Colossus and Psychonaugts are both good choices I've heard so far as well.[/quote]

Yeah, Mario Tennis depresses me, I can't find it within a 30 mile radius between GameStop and EB Games.

bread's done
Back