The 3DS uses cartidges, which we haven't seen since the Game Boy.

He's a hardcore gamer that grew up on Halo though.

Apparently not hardcore enough to hear about the second best selling video game system of all time, DS, but a hardcore gamer nonetheless.

someone tell that report to stop copying me ... i was the first to say the system will flop..

goes to CNN screaming I WAS FIRST

my crazy bug is spreading RUN FOR THE HILLS :) and grab your Atari 2600 its all over ALL OVER AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[quote name='Josef']CNN is hiring anybody these days it seems.[/QUOTE]

You must have missed a intro logo of Fortune on that video. Both Fortune and CNN have the same parent company so CNN used the content made by Fortune. CNN's own technology correspondent Katie Linendoll wouldn't have made the same mistake.

He's just speaking to a general audience that doesn't live and breathe games. Calm down guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I emjoyed the craziness this brought on NeoGaf, and some made a good point.

This kind of stuff happens all the time, with things we know little about.

Take fashion for example. We probably hear stuff that would seem off the wall to fashion aficionados. Just realize it's CNN and not Joystiq, 1up, Giant Bomb, etc. It's not written for us, it's written for parents/ people who don't know much about games.

[quote name='seanr1221']

Take fashion for example. We probably hear stuff that would seem off the wall to fashion aficionados. Just realize it's CNN and not Joystiq, 1up, Giant Bomb, etc. It's not written for us, it's written for parents/ people who don't know much about games.[/QUOTE]

which is all the more reason that the info needs to be accurate, since the people the review is written for may not be in the know either. he is doing them a disservice.

I can't believe nobody at CNN did their homework on this one or at least reviewed it before publishing. I can see it possible that nobody there plays video games or knows the details on Nintendo's previous systems.

They know about Halo, Wii, PS3, and Gameboy just not DS.

[quote name='ctrek3']which is all the more reason that the info needs to be accurate, since the people the review is written for may not be in the know either. he is doing them a disservice.[/QUOTE]

Not really.

Is this guy serious? Even the NGP is using cartridges. It seems like cartridges are the way to go for portables...

EDIT* I get the feeling the only gaming this guy does is on his iPhone and is probably an Apple fanboy.

[quote name='Vinny']
EDIT* I get the feeling the only gaming this guy does is on his iPhone and is probably an Apple fanboy.[/QUOTE]

People who read Fortune care about business side and it wouldn't be right to ignore how Apple's products will have impact on 3DS sales.

[quote name='laaj']People who read Fortune care about business side and it wouldn't be right to ignore how Apple's products will have impact on 3DS sales.[/QUOTE]

While that might be true, he's a little too gleeful when talking about how the iphone rulez. And the fact that he's just wrong about some 3ds detail points makes him someone that shouldn't be commenting on this at all.

[quote name='M-PG71C']Grew up on Halo? Really? How old is the man, 16? That makes me feel old and I'm not old (22).[/QUOTE]

Halo is 10 years old. If he's in his 20s, he was in his teens playing halo. I wasn't aware humans stopped growing in their teens.

[quote name='seanr1221']Halo is 10 years old. If he's in his 20s, he was in his teens playing halo. I wasn't aware humans stopped growing in their teens.[/QUOTE]

Figurative language. I wasn't aware people couldn't understand language that wasn't so literal or explicit. :bouncy:

As an iPod touch owner the fact that he finds real gaming feasible on that machine without wanting to break it, amazes me. :lol:

I don't know if this guy was a troll or just stupid, but either way I laughed my ass off the whole way through.

Even if this system does turn out to be pretty crappy its sure to sell since people will buy the latest thing from Nintendo no matter what (even if they released a turd). People would do the same for Apple and I am sure some for Sony and Microsoft as well so its not only Nintendo, its pretty much any big company. Now if its a bad product though people won't continue to buy it, it will get launch sales, people won't be satisfied, then sales will drop off, then Nintendo will likely release a redesign that fixes the problems and all will be well.

Even if people don't buy it during the spring/summer people will buy it during the holidays and there will be shortages since there are shortages of pretty much every system during the holidays, at least here there are. Try going to a store between Thanksgiving and Xmas and trying to buy a game system, most likely they will be out of whatever one you want.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']No, that's just Ubisoft being their retarded selves.[/QUOTE]

I think the wink was meant to imply he was in on the joke that Ubisoft house lousy QC around their proofs.

[quote name='foltzie']I think the wink was meant to imply he was in on the joke that Ubisoft house lousy QC around their proofs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was.

[quote name='foltzie']I think the wink was meant to imply he was in on the joke that Ubisoft house lousy QC around their proofs.[/QUOTE]

Like I do around my posts.... house has, bleh.

Wow, what a complete fucking tool. I mean the same people who buy the 3DS likely will barely intersect with the iPhone audience. They don't want all the features that the iPhone has...PERIOD. They just want to game!
Oh and the comment on the stylus and the design? WTF?! This goes back to the fact it's made to play GAMES not be your cellphone/vibrator/cancer cure/hand warmer, etc. Acting like stylus' are stupid?! Is he kidding?! I need to buy a stylus for my iPod Touch. Most people's fingers are too big to deal with picking the icons or drawing ANYTHING on a writing app.
I like what you said DoK, "It's not news, it's CNN.". You need to take credit for that phrase and ask for ownership of it asap.

[quote name='seanr1221']Halo is 10 years old. If he's in his 20s, he was in his teens playing halo. I wasn't aware humans stopped growing in their teens.[/QUOTE]
I'm more just amazed that anyone would say that. I mean, what does everyone else think of when they think about what games they grew up on?

I know I grew up on Mega Man, Mario, Zelda, and Metal Gear. I wouldn't consider anything past age 12 being a game I grew up on.

bread's done
Back