The 4 Gig PSP HD is out...

GizmoGC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (98%)
Hey all. I saw the 4 Gig PSP HD at Best Buy today locked up in the glass display case. Didn't realize this was already released. Any grab it?

it adds another 50 lbs to the already sore-on-your-wrist-after-playing-for-hours heavy PSP.. other than that, looks like a good price for memory and batteries. hmm.. i just might even consider buying one.

That thing is just to bulky for me....I'll stick with my 2gb sandisk and my extra battery. If it fit in my logitech case I'd be on it. It makes the psp more than double in depth.

[quote name='Roufuss']This wouldn't cut down on loading times or any of that, would it?[/QUOTE]
now ask yourself does that make any sense

[quote name='iheartmetal']now ask yourself does that make any sense[/QUOTE]

Yea not really... it is late, I worked another 10 hour shift for the 7th day in a row, and I am playing GTA so I guess I'm not fully focused :(

If you are playing illegal ISO's, yea, the load times are less than running off the disk. However, the write/read times on the 4 gig hd are horrendous(sp?). It takes 29 minutes to fill up the harddrive.

NaoNeo's device is a lot better. $179, comes with a 4 gig stick, it reads CF, MS, and a few other memory types, and also lets you use AA batteries for the PSP.

[quote name='Bezerker']If you are playing illegal ISO's, yea, the load times are less than running off the disk. However, the write/read times on the 4 gig hd are horrendous(sp?). It takes 29 minutes to fill up the harddrive.

NaoNeo's device is a lot better. $179, comes with a 4 gig stick, it reads CF, MS, and a few other memory types, and also lets you use AA batteries for the PSP.[/QUOTE]

The NaoNeo looks like a Famicom knockoff. Still no price for the Datel 4Gig?

I did a search on ebay and people are trying to sell them for $275 or so...I'll check the price later this week if no one else does.

[quote name='ddp72984']I work at bb, and they're saying it 229[/QUOTE]

Seems like a hard sell, I cant see many people shelling out another $200+ after spending $250 for the psp

Now what exactly would these be used for? So you can have three movies on file at one time? BFD. Seriously, don't mean to threadcrap here, but I wouldn't be interested even if it didn't cost another two bills and made my sleek PSP look like an early-eighties cell phone.

[quote name='gizmogc']I did a search on ebay and people are trying to sell them for $275 or so...I'll check the price later this week if no one else does.[/QUOTE]

Was at best buy today and they were selling them for $229.99.

Seems a little expensive seeing as there is probably no way we could possibly need that much space on our psps....

I guess $230+ or so dollars is a fair price for now seeing as how 1 and 2 gb sticks are almost just as expensive. But I wonder if this PSP Giga pack will drive the price down soon. I mean you literally get the system and more than enough storage for only about $50-70 more.

Well shit......anyone have any idea if this thing will fit in the the playgear street? Seeing as I have to take the psp out of the street to play it anyway, I guess it's a posibility again.

In case you all didn't know, Sony and Sandisk plan on releasing a 4 gig mem stick for the PSP in about 6 months. I know, that's a loooooong time for impatient gamers, but the cost may be comparable, the load times way faster, NO extra weight and it won't skrew with the PSPs beautimus looks.

bread's done
Back