The 5 best games you've played in the past 3 years?

1. Grand Theft Auto IV
2. Half-Life 2: Episode 2
3. Portal
4. Hitman: Blood Money
5. Tomb Raider Legend

Is the question games that we've played in the past 3 years, or games that have come out in the last 3 years? People have listed a lot of games that didn't come out in the last 3 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Resident Evil 4
Shadow of the Colossus
Bioshock
Call of Duty 4
Pac Man: Championship Edition

honorable mentions:
Portal
God of War
Half Life 2
Pixeljunk Monsters
Crackdown

[quote name='PenguinMaster']
Is the question games that we've played in the past 3 years, or games that have come out in the last 3 years? People have listed a lot of games that didn't come out in the last 3 years.[/quote]Yeah, that was my question too.

DQ8
FFXII

those two spring to mind. i recently played HL2:EP1,2 and they were awesome so i guess those two and Crysis because that game is just too pretty

Games that came out in the past 3 years ONLY, in no particular order, as most people in this thread are listing games that are over 3 years old and I tend to play through games shortly after release:

-Mother 3
-Suikoden V
-Dragon Quest IV DS

The above 3 immediately came to mind, no questions asked. Then I had to whittle down the next two from a mental list of games I thought were pretty good. Many of the games I came up with, like RE4 and Digital Devil Saga 2, barely missed the 3 year mark, so I had to make sure to check dates and shit. So I came up with these final two after some deliberation:

-Opoona
-Phoenix Wright 3: Trials and Tribulations

What a relatively shitty 3 years it's been for RPGs if that's the best I can put up there (I almost exclusively play RPGs, survival horror, and weird-ass niche games).

Valkyria Chronicles may join the list once I finish it, but I've only played a few hours of it.

[quote name='The Crotch']Must they have come out within the last three years? Because a lot of the better games that I've played in the last three years are a lot older than that.[/quote]
They don't need to be released in the last 3 years, you need to have played them in the last 3 years. The best games you have played.

1) Call of Duty 4
2) GTA 4/Saints Row 2
3) Mass Effect
4) Metal Gear Solid 4
5) Mario Kart DS

Honorable mentions, Halo 3, Fight Night Round 3, Rock Band

Omitted because its by far the most played and rightfully no.1, World of WarCraft.

Portal
Portal
Portal
Portal
Portal

But seriously:
Portal
TF2
Mass Effect
Eve Online
Dead Rising (don't know why but I loved this game so much)

bread's done
Back