The 5th Annual Cheapy Awards: Vote! - Win a $500 Amazon Gift Certificate

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Welcome to the 5th Annual Cheapy Awards, the only awards the honor the best (and worst) in video game retail, voted on by CAGs, the most knowledgeable video game shoppers in the world.

The awards are currently in the voting phase. Please cast your votes using the integrated voting system in each thread in this forum.

Win a $500 Amazon Gift Certificate
Just by voting, you will automatically be entered in a raffle to win a $500 gift certificate from last year's Best Online Retailer winner, Amazon. The more categories you vote in, the better your chances of winning. One account per person.
Anyone found creating multiple accounts will be permanently IP banned from CAG.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm not exactly sure. Planning a vacation around it?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps like me, Sideshow intends to wager on the results of the Cheapy Awards.

No CAG Hero this year or am I just not seeing it?

NVM, I see the Community award is basically replacing it.

There's a relatively unknown store that I'd like to nominate: Family Video. I was able to buy Halo 3 for 45 bucks, including tax and shipping, right when Halo 3 was released. Looking at their website right now, they have a $5 off $50 coupon. Even compared to Amazon, an excellent place for getting video game deals, some of their games are slightly cheaper (compare Uncharted, Mario Galaxy, and Mass Effect).

I nominate Toys R Us for retailer of the year in 2007 - their B2G1F late last year and SMG $25+preorder coin+(YMMV) glove for MSRP was awesome.

Yipwoop, put that in the correct thread.

Not to mention it isn't unknown; it's mentioned as one of the game outlets for new releases by the shipwrecks every week.

[quote name='kPod']Yipwoop, put that in the correct thread.

Not to mention it isn't unknown; it's mentioned as one of the game outlets for new releases by the shipwrecks every week.[/quote]

Will do. Thanks.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']What about a category for favorite CAGCast of the year?[/quote]
I second this... i guess you could go by which had the most diggs, but i digg every show, as i'm assuming most people do. it would be interesting to know which show people liked the most.. maybe a longer show, one with a guest, etc.

While I'm not sure if it should be a "which is best" type thing, I think it would be interesting to track what consoles people have year to year with this.

I think there should've been a Worst DLC Value of the year category. Especially given the plethora of DLC this year, and how much you, Cheapy hate DLC.

[quote name='KingBroly']I think there should've been a Worst DLC Value of the year category. Especially given the plethora of DLC this year, and how much you, Cheapy hate DLC.[/quote]
I actually thought about that, but decided against it.
Maybe next year.

Also, I don't hate DLC in theory, only in execution so far.

why not a game of the year category, or a most overhyped game, or a worst game of the year with a catchy title like "game so bad a cheap ass wouldn't even pay for it"

I mean it is a gaming site, might as well have some game categories

I ended up winning this contest a few years ago, and with the money I purchased an Xbox (which I love and play to this day). CheapyD is the freaking man.

Woah, $500 Gift card just for voting?! That's hot! Thanks for doing this Cheapy.

Wasn't there a prize last year, too? Was it also the same thing? I'm gettin old :whistle2:( :oldman:

[quote name='buckythekat']strange how the Cheapy Awards excite me more than anything Hollywood can come up with :p[/quote]

couldn't agree more buckythekat.

[quote name='StinkyCheese']I'm done voting. Thanks a bunch for setting this up cheapy! Is the gift card coming out of your own pocket?[/quote]Yes.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I just wanted to say that I refuse to cross the picket lines and will not be participating in the awards ceremony.[/quote]
Elaborate. Did I miss something?

[quote name='buckythekat']strange how the Cheapy Awards excite me more than anything Hollywood can come up with :p[/quote]
Agreed!! Also strange how I care about this more than anything Hollywood can come up with.

It's too bad there's no way to penalize the worst retailers. Can't we mail them a turd in a box or something?

Cheapy, do you notify the retailers when they win? I'm curious to know what the "worst" retailers have said in response (if smart, they probably say nothing).

I'm new to CAG so I didn't vote in many of the categories. Do you have to vote in all of them to be eligible for the gift card?

Do you just have to vote or do you have to post?

I guess I'm covered either way now.

[quote name='cdubthebabyshooter']I'm new to CAG so I didn't vote in many of the categories. Do you have to vote in all of them to be eligible for the gift card?

Do you just have to vote or do you have to post?

I guess I'm covered either way now.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you don't have to vote in EVERY single category but, as he said, doing so will increase your chances of winning.

On the second point I'm not as sure, but I'd guess that you only have to vote and posting was for nominations and/or if you wanted to share your choice.

22.gif
Ja ne! :p

bread's done
Back