The 7th Annual Cheapy Awards - Awards Ceremony

CheapAssGamer.com ROCKS! I still can't believe I won. I am going to be able to get in on so many more great game deals this year! Thanks CheapyD, Super Programmer John, Wombat, and the Shipwrecks for all the hard work!

-MGG

[quote name='F8X']Can't believe Steam didn't win at all. There deals have been sick.[/QUOTE]I think its because quite a few don't use Steam (such as me, who is strictly a console gamer).

I figured that was the reason as well. With a large majority of people on this board appearing to be console gamers, I was surprised to even see Steam with as many as it had.

[quote name='jp0213']I figured that was the reason as well. With a large majority of people on this board appearing to be console gamers, I was surprised to even see Steam with as many as it had.[/QUOTE]

Steam is a great store/game-client, but I voted for Amazon. When it comes down to it Amazon is just able to give more bang for the buck overall.

It was close but Im guessing a lot of people who use both a PC and a Console had a similar opinion to mine.

[quote name='BannedEpisode']Steam is a great store/game-client, but I voted for Amazon. When it comes down to it Amazon is just able to give more bang for the buck overall.

It was close but Im guessing a lot of people who use both a PC and a Console had a similar opinion to mine.[/QUOTE]

I use both, but I sure don't see Amazon having mega-sales for $2-$5 consistently, week after week. I didn't even have to think twice before voting for Steam.

[quote name='F8X']Can't believe Steam didn't win at all. There deals have been sick.[/QUOTE]
Like Mana Knight said, I don't think much people on CAG bother with PC. I did vote for the Steam deals though. Getting Knights of the Old Republic for 7.49, Mass Effect for 10, and the Orange Box for 10 is a killer deal. While on the discussion for Steam.

Surprised I even came close to winning.
[quote name='Vegan']I use both, but I sure don't see Amazon having mega-sales for $2-$5 consistently, week after week. I didn't even have to think twice before voting for Steam.[/QUOTE]
I don't consider Steam to be a retailer at all, but just a digital download service like PSN, XBLM, Wii Shop, and iTunes. I voted for Amazon instead.
[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Love how Cheap Ass Gamers give biggest landslide victory to a website in which they have to PAY to trade lol[/QUOTE]
I've received 7 games from Goozex and didn't pay anything for them, so that's not true at all.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
I've received 7 games from Goozex and didn't pay anything for them, so that's not true at all.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it a $1 trade credit for each transaction?

[quote name='Vegan']Isn't it a $1 trade credit for each transaction?[/QUOTE]
I had free trade credits from signing up and doing a survey to get a few more.

[quote name='FroMann']Like Mana Knight said, I don't think much people on CAG bother with PC. I did vote for the Steam deals though. Getting Knights of the Old Republic for 7.49, Mass Effect for 10, and the Orange Box for 10 is a killer deal. While on the discussion for Steam.

[quote name='Kelegacy']I pretty much agree with everything here. I'm glad Gamestop gets shafted once more. As a specialty store you'd think they'd be better for gamers. I was there over the weekend and saw Wolverine still priced at $35 used! I bought it for $10 last year from Gamefly. Even Amazon prices their new games cheaper than Gamestop's used stuff a lot of the time.

The real reason I hate them, besides their higher prices on most things, is the selling of open games (and sometimes used by the employees) as new. That alone is enough for me to vote against them every year.

But hey, at least we have Amazon and Gamefly! Congrats to all the winners![/QUOTE]

Then when you try to return the open "new" game they say they can't take it back because it is open. a-holes.fuckfuckfuck

[quote name='CheapyD']Congratulations to BannedEpisode and MajorGamerGeek both of whom have won a $500 Amazon Gift Certificate for participating in the Cheapy Awards voting.[/QUOTE]

Step 1: Do not see "Blade."
Step 2: Dislike thread.

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to jump in and say a quick thanks to CheapyD and the CAG community. This past weekend we got to see a few CAGers at the regular CAG/Goozex DC meetup and we really get to hear from you what you want out of Goozex. This is an awesome award to win and all I can really say is that we'll be working hard to make the service even better as we continue to grow.

Thanks for your support and big thanks to CheapyD!

-GTeam (Jon, Valerio & Mark)

sorry for bump. i just want to defend say

its not at all surprising when GS/EB win a worst award. when 90% of the people who shop for games use them and end up getting disappointed or mad. its not ok to vote for them when they are all you use or you're ignorant on the others. I personally cant vouch for the others. but from what I've heard and read. game crazy is like a trashcan of gamestop (but that's what ive heard). the only reason it got less votes in that category is because not only is it hard to find a GC but most gamers don't shop at one.... but i can tell you those 100 voters were probably more disgusted in GC than the 1500 were in GS/EB

P.S. : Dur gamespot took my money, I hate them.

gamestop.png

bread's done
Back