The A-TEAM: Summer 2010 Megahit! THEME IS IN THE MOVIE!!

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']April Fools? Please god let this be an April Fools joke.[/QUOTE]

What? Did you expect it to be good?

[quote name='musha666']What? Did you expect it to be good?[/QUOTE]

No. But I do expect it to be the #1 movie the week it comes out. Thank you America.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']No. But I do expect it to be the #1 movie the week it comes out. Thank you America.[/QUOTE]

They got the van right, and Liam Neeson. I'm cautious but optimistic. Which is how I felt about G.I. Joe, so who knows.

[quote name='jlseal']They got the van right, and Liam Neeson. I'm cautious but optimistic. Which is how I felt about G.I. Joe, so who knows.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY. I felt GI Joe was going to be really bad when I saw those accelerator suits or whatever in the trailer but the over all movie was not as bad as I thought.

Can't believe that the
van gets trashed! :( It's so iconic....... so what's the modern day equivalent to that beast, cause you know if a sequel is made, they are going to need something cool to ride in!

Last edited by a moderator:
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\

[quote name='Brak']You just fucked all of ITDEFX's favorite motion pictures.[/QUOTE]

excuse me...but I hated Transformers:ROTF...thought GI JOE wasn't that bad...and won't even bother with TKK..

:cool:

I just saw the commercial for this last night when flipping back and forth between History Channel and Monday Night Raw.:lol:

Mind ya, I was spending more time on History Channel since I can't stomach the wrestling anymore.

But it looked....ummmm....intriguing to say the least. Will I pay to see it in theaters? Nah. I'll probably pay $1-3 when some crackhead trades it into the local game/dvd/cd shop a day or two after DVD release though.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just saw the commercial for this last night when flipping back and forth between History Channel and Monday Night Raw.:lol:

Mind ya, I was spending more time on History Channel since I can't stomach the wrestling anymore.

But it looked....ummmm....intriguing to say the least. Will I pay to see it in theaters? Nah. I'll probably pay $1-3 when some crackhead trades it into the local game/dvd/cd shop a day or two after DVD release though.:D[/QUOTE]

Redbox.

[quote name='keithp']Redbox.[/QUOTE]
Only problem with that is the movie will most likely be one of the first ones rented out and with the local shop I can pay $1-3 and own it, so then I can let my one buddy watch it too.

Then I'll sell it to FYE for $5-6 and make my initial $3 or so back.;)

Oh and I just checked IMDB.com and both Dirk Benedict and Dwight Schultz are listed on the credits for some form of cameos, but Mr. T is NOT.:bomb:

What kinda remake doesn't have all of the living members of the main cast of the show/movie that's being remade in some sort of cameo role?:roll:

[quote name='crunchb3rry']fuck Transformers. fuck GI JOE. fuck The A-Team. And fuck Karate Kid while we're at it.[/QUOTE]

I like how Jackie Chan will be teaching the Karate Kid Kung Fu instead of actual Karate. Go Kung Fu Kid! :wall:. I think I'd rather watch an episode of Hong Kong Phooey, it will probably be better than this crap.

Instead of rebooting Red Dawn and Karate Kid, they could have saved a lot of money just putting out commercials to today's youth telling them to not be ignorant and that there WERE movies before they were born worth watching.

There's this foolish Hollywood mentality that tickets won't sell unless a movie is remade chock full of modern actors and product placement. $50 says The Karate kid drinks Red Bull so he doesn't fall asleep waxing on and off, and The Wolverines use Twitter to coordinate attacks against the Ruskies.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Instead of rebooting Red Dawn and Karate Kid, they could have saved a lot of money just putting out commercials to today's youth telling them to not be ignorant and that there WERE movies before they were born worth watching.

There's this foolish Hollywood mentality that tickets won't sell unless a movie is remade chock full of modern actors and product placement. $50 says The Karate kid drinks Red Bull so he doesn't fall asleep waxing on and off, and The Wolverines use Twitter to coordinate attacks against the Ruskies.[/QUOTE]

HAHA...good one Crunch

It looks like someone dies in this trailer. It is already unfaithful to the TV show since no one ever died in the tv show :lol:.

Also where the fuck is the insane building contraption to help save the day? This looks like too much generic action than the heart of the A-Team which means another shitty remake, sigh :cry:

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']It looks like someone dies in this trailer. It is already unfaithful to the TV show since no one ever died in the tv show :lol:.

Also where the fuck is the insane building contraption to help save the day? This looks like too much generic action than the heart of the A-Team which means another shitty remake, sigh :cry:[/QUOTE]
:applause:

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']It looks like someone dies in this trailer. It is already unfaithful to the TV show since no one ever died in the tv show :lol:.

Also where the fuck is the insane building contraption to help save the day? This looks like too much generic action than the heart of the A-Team which means another shitty remake, sigh :cry:[/QUOTE]

Do you really want this trailer to spoil the movie? I am sure there is going to be a lot of nods to the original series. Teens won't get it because they weren't even alive when the series was out, but for the people who grew up on it, we are going to get it :)

Rotten tomatoes can go fuck themselves. I just came back from the midnight showing. It is by far THE BEST movie of Summer 2010! Better than Iron Man 2 and Shrek 4! Great story, great acting, great action and so on! and yes the THEME IS IN THE MOVIE!!!!!

I'm still waiting till some crackhead steals this movie from FYE and the local shop gets it in the day after it releases on DVD. It's worth $4($5 max) to me to see the movie and I won't give a dime of it to the douchebag film studio that has no fuckin' original ideas.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Rotten tomatoes can go fuck themselves.[/QUOTE]
#-o

A quick blurb from one of CAG's motion picture aficionados.

"It is by far THE BEST movie of Summer 2010!... ...the THEME IS IN THE MOVIE!!!!!" - ITDEFX

God, help us all.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'] It's worth $4($5 max) to me to see the movie and I won't give a dime of it to the douchebag film studio that has no fuckin' original ideas.[/QUOTE]

I'm just gonna say it. I'll download it illegally. If it's anywhere as close to as bad as the previews I just want to see how bad. Otherwise normally I wouldn't have bothered considering the cast the put together.

I have been a huge fan of the show since I was a child and still watch it on RTV (OTA channel). The movie was as faithful as one can expect it to be, and I love it. The Movie almost serves as a prequel to the tv (except for the some details like the different wars as point of origin). It was just so right, I can't find a thing to complain about the A-team movie, and I hated the Prequel Star Wars Trilogy and the Scott Abrams lets screw over fans of the tv show over...reboot Star Trek... so I don't jump on bandwagons or reboot train easily...

I went to a Sunday matinee, that had the same number of persons as usual but the crowd was mostly older males i think my girlfriend and one of wife/girlfriend was the only females I noticed in theater , so obviously it may not have the cross gender or much younger crowd and seeing it was number 2 at box office at 26mill or the 120 mill budget it might not make enough money to warrant a sequel, unfortunately. But maybe the word of mouth about it being a TRUE, fast, not pretend to be oscar deep story, action movie will help it sustain a few weeks.

[quote name='Brak']A quick blurb from one of CAG's motion picture aficionados.

"It is by far THE BEST movie of Summer 2010!... ...the THEME IS IN THE MOVIE!!!!!" - ITDEFX

God, help us all.[/QUOTE]

This needs to be put on posters and ads for the movie.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But....did Liam Neeson use Hannibal's line from the tv show?[/QUOTE]

Like 3 times.

This movie was completely awesome. Like mercilessming said, it's as good a homage to the original as you could possibly hope for. All the characters were damn near perfect. It's the first movie I've seen in a long time where the action was as good as the humor.

I thought the tank falling from the sky was going to end up being retarded but the banter between Murdock and BA during the whole thing was fking priceless.

I've never seen the show before, will I enjoy this movie on a purely 'action movie blow stuff up' level?

Note: I would be seeing it for free, but still don't want to waste my time.

My favorite part of the movie was the 3D Hummer scene. Movie was a lot better than the money it made this past weekend. It's definitely an 8 out of 10 minimum. Tun of funny lines, decent acting and great action scenes. Sucks that the movie only made 30 million last weekend, I would love to see a sequel with the same cast and the movie definitely set it up for a sequel.

I enjoyed the movie very much...I thought the part when they were taking off in the plane and Murdock acted like the buttons were confusing him just to mess with B.A. was classic

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I've never seen the show before, will I enjoy this movie on a purely 'action movie blow stuff up' level?

Note: I would be seeing it for free, but still don't want to waste my time.[/QUOTE]

umm.... if it was done by Bay, then yea it would be like that.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']This needs to be put on posters and ads for the movie.[/QUOTE]

Wait for the blu-ray/dvd release on the back cover! ;)

[quote name='crazed llama']Like 3 times.

This movie was completely awesome. Like mercilessming said, it's as good a homage to the original as you could possibly hope for. All the characters were damn near perfect. It's the first movie I've seen in a long time where the action was as good as the humor.

I thought the tank falling from the sky was going to end up being retarded but the banter between Murdock and BA during the whole thing was fking priceless.[/QUOTE]

Face used the line at the end of the movie.

[quote name='Tony208']LOL Murdock was great
I thought the tank scene was going to be cheesy but I think they made it work[/QUOTE]

YEA. He knew when to act normal and when to be crazy...like in the trial scene, he could have gotten all nutty, but he kept his cool.

I couldn't believe it was Vickus from District 9! :O

bread's done
Back