The Admiral's 2008 Fifth Annual NFL Pooltravaganza! TehMuff1nM4n is the Winne!

Week 1: Dallas Cowboys
Week 2: NY Giants
Week 3: San Diego Chargers
Week 4: Jacksonville Jaguars
Week 5: Green Bay Packers

For Week 5, I'm going with the Dallas Cowboys. After last week's debacle, I'm sure they'll get it together this week.

Tough week to pick so Im gonna take my bye this week. Its to risky picking anybody I have a feeling this week might end up like last week as far as upsets go.

Hmm. With so much uncertainty in the league at this point, it's a tough week.

I'll go with Indianapolis over Houston, 24 - 21.

Sorry about your home opener, Houston.

Edit:
Wow, lots of faith in Dallas this week. I'm a fan of them, but after last weeks performance I'm afraid of how they will react, especially if Carson Palmer starts. They looked pretty good against the NY football Giants, and the Giants beat the Skin's, and the Skin's beat the Cowboys last week. I'm just saying...

[quote name='Eviltude']Hmm. With so much uncertainty in the league at this point, it's a tough week.

I'll go with Indianapolis over Houston, 24 - 21.

Sorry about your home opener, Houston.

Edit:
Wow, lots of faith in Dallas this week. I'm a fan of them, but after last weeks performance I'm afraid of how they will react, especially if Carson Palmer starts. They looked pretty good against the NY football Giants, and the Giants beat the Skin's, and the Skin's beat the Cowboys last week. I'm just saying...[/QUOTE]

Seriously, you think that Carson Palmer will be good this week? After playing like shit for the first 3 weeks then getting injuried? I doubt he will do anything good. They better leave Flitzpatrick or whatever his name is in since the Bengals QB will be taking a beating.

I'll take 'da Bears this week. They should win, but it could be risky with Detroit coming off their bye week. We'll see!

Good luck all!

[quote name='pimpinc333']Seriously, you think that Carson Palmer will be good this week? After playing like shit for the first 3 weeks then getting injuried? I doubt he will do anything good. They better leave Flitzpatrick or whatever his name is in since the Bengals QB will be taking a beating.[/quote]

Well, in all fairness, he did play very well against the Giants, especially in the 2nd half. That being said, yes, the Bengals line is god awful, and whoever is in there will probably have their head taken off.

week 1: New England Patriots
week 2: NY Giants
week 3: Buffalo Bills
week 4: San Diego Chargers
week 5: Dallas Cowboys

[quote name='pimpinc333']Seriously, you think that Carson Palmer will be good this week? After playing like shit for the first 3 weeks then getting injuried? I doubt he will do anything good. They better leave Flitzpatrick or whatever his name is in since the Bengals QB will be taking a beating.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, but I still think if he plays he will do pretty good. The Indianapolis D is beat up, especially the secondary. Even if Bob Sanders is the only guy out, it has really seemed to take a lot of steam out of the entire defensive unit, not to mention that leaves a big whole for #85 and TJ Whosaywhatsa to run around.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Well, in all fairness, he did play very well against the Giants, especially in the 2nd half. That being said, yes, the Bengals line is god awful, and whoever is in there will probably have their head taken off.[/QUOTE]

If they can hold off the Giant's pass rush long enough to get the ball out, they can hold of the Colts'.

EDIT: Turns out Palmer is good to go. I still think the Colts' can pull it out, but it's going to be a good game. All of you out there who have that game on this week and are thinking, "Oh, what a shitty game for t.v.", trust me, it's going to be good.

Foladar - Out (No Pick/Bye)

I don't have a bye? I never used mine, and assumed it would automatically be used.

Prior picks were: Jags, Bills, Steelers, Broncos..

Note: Foladar is still in the pool.

In my master spreadsheet I had mistakenly placed that his BYE was used in Week 3 when he had actually picked Buffalo in the thread. That oversight has been corrected and he did have a BYE left to use this week.

[quote name='cr_blah_blah']Colts are going to go down to 0-3 team starting a backup quarterback? blah, I should have taken my bye like I was going to![/QUOTE]

Don't be so sure.
San Diego, and Green Bay .. however.

bread's done
Back