The Admiral's 2010 NFL Pooleraza! Three Players! Two Weeks! Who will win?!?!

I had a lot of fun with this last year, even though I didn't win. Just want to make sure I get in on it again.

I think I barely made it in time, but if not crap..

Uh.. Week 1: Colts

Week One:
Might be my only chance all season to pick my home team and actually have a chance at winning...

Chicago Bears over the Detroit Lions.

The pool is now CLOSED!

Thanks to everyone who signed up. If you're late, I'm sorry. Try again next year.

Please check your picks which will be listed shortly on the front page.

We have 192 players this year.

Hey Ackbar, for your sanity in managing this, is it better to update our original posts with week2, etc picks or do a new post for each week?

Good luck everyone and thank you so much for organizing this again this year.

Who was the CAG that had the site last year where you could look at the different scenarios and whatnot? That was a neat thing, and it'd be great if it was back this season.

[quote name='fatboyjam']Hey Ackbar, for your sanity in managing this, is it better to update our original posts with week2, etc picks or do a new post for each week?

Good luck everyone and thank you so much for organizing this again this year.[/QUOTE]

Please don't edit your posts after lockdown.

After the week 1 games are done, on Tuesday I'll open the pool for new picks. After I open the pool again, please post your pciks. it makes it easier for me to trakc them down.

Week 1 - Tennessee Titans.

Edit - shiet. fuck I thought it was 8PM EST today. Damnit.
Would it be a problem if I can participate in the contest? The 1st game has not kicked off yet. still like ~ 12 hours.
Anyway not trying step on people's toes. If not I understand, if okay, thanks for giving the opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='syeoj']Week 1 - Tennessee Titans.

Edit - shiet. fuck I thought it was 8PM EST today. Damnit.
Would it be a problem if I can participate in the contest? The 1st game has not kicked off yet. still like ~ 12 hours.
Anyway not trying step on people's toes. If not I understand, if okay, thanks for giving the opportunity.[/QUOTE]

Good luck on getting in but dont count on it...

Last season my Grandmother (RIP) passed away and in dealing with issues and the funeral etc. I missed one week, and had it not been because I still had my bye week, I wouldve been kicked. Later on I was still dealing with things due to her passing and I missed the cut off time and was kicked. (shame too since I was pretty far in)

This is NOT in anyway supposed to bash this pool or the Admiral. I am just saying that the rules are pretty strict and you wont be granted much mercy. Maybe its changed, I dont know for sure.

I am strict because if I'm lenient to one player then I have to be lenient to everybody.

Another reason I do the hard stop is because I can't always be at my computer. I actually left for the beach Thursday and have no computer. I'm posting from my iPhone right now.

Whew, the Dolphins scared me there. A good team would've beaten them today. Looks like I'll be betting against the Bills a lot this year.

[quote name='Pirate331']Out in week 1... thanks for handing TB 10 free points, Brownies. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Your location says Cleveland, but come on...picking the Browns week one?

3 wins for Tampa last year
5 wins for the Browns

Neither team made truly amazing improvements. Browns had a good rush attack going at the end of the year, Bucs had a terrible rush defense. It makes sense. Personally, in something like this, I would never ever pick the Browns, but I absolutely see his point. It looked like one of 4 or 5 near slam dunk wins for the Browns this year.

[quote name='chimpster1313']3 wins for Tampa last year
5 wins for the Browns

Neither team made truly amazing improvements. Browns had a good rush attack going at the end of the year, Bucs had a terrible rush defense. It makes sense. Personally, in something like this, I would never ever pick the Browns, but I absolutely see his point. It looked like one of 4 or 5 near slam dunk wins for the Browns this year.[/QUOTE]

Nice input, but the Browns have Jake Delhomme which makes picking Cleveland a dangerous choice any week (especially since he gave the game away with his INT's). Hard to play in Tampa as well with the heat/humidity and the sudden showers (as evidenced in the late 4th when it started pouring -- perfect timing for the Bucs though!). The Bucs are young and I think as they get more game experience and familiarity with each other they will become a much better team as the season goes on. I think they will finish with more than 3 wins this year (though probably not more than 5).

I'm just glad the Giants pulled it out against the Panthers. Had me worried there at half after that Smith TD and with all of Eli's picks.

[quote name='Tyga24']Nice input, but the Browns have Jake Delhomme which makes picking Cleveland a dangerous choice any week (especially since he gave the game away with his INT's). Hard to play in Tampa as well with the heat/humidity and the sudden showers (as evidenced in the late 4th when it started pouring -- perfect timing for the Bucs though!). The Bucs are young and I think as they get more game experience and familiarity with each other they will become a much better team as the season goes on. I think they will finish with more than 3 wins this year (though probably not more than 5).

I'm just glad the Giants pulled it out against the Panthers. Had me worried there at half after that Smith TD and with all of Eli's picks.[/QUOTE]

That's the biggest wild card against Cleveland. We'll never know which Jake we're going to get.

As for my pick, fuck you, San Francisco. You should be steamrolling that Seahawks team. Looks like I'm out. Best of luck to everyone else!

[quote name='Liveforlaughs76']woooooo cardinals. Pulling that **** out![/QUOTE]
I know! Still in it!

I got scared when it was 10-13. I was just thinking "I always go for the Rams and they always lose, and now that I bet against them they are winning? WHY?!"

Glad the Cardinals managed to pull it off in the end :D

[quote name='Johnny Postman']I knew the Bears were gonna suck this year but figured they could take the Lions - Thank you NFL Refs for saving my season.[/QUOTE]

Everyone that picked the bears this week are so lucky. That was such a TD for Calvin. The refs and the stupid rule saved you all.

[quote name='GameOnJohn']Everyone that picked the bears this week are so lucky. That was such a TD for Calvin. The refs and the stupid rule saved you all.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a Lions fan or a Bears fan, not really a fan of any team per say, I just like teams that are fun to watch. That being said, you just feel bad for the lions and you want them to win sometimes just because they never do. That call really was complete bullshit, somehow catching the ball and then touching the ground isn't a touch down anymore? I loved how the former head ref was trying to explain it and the commentators were trying so hard not to say "what the fuck man..."

Wow, The Bucs home game was blacked out in Tampa... thats bad..
Good thing no one from Tampa is originally from Tampa. Sucks for the teams with all their fair weather fans.

bread's done
Back