The Admiral's 2013 NFL Pool - Pool is over! We have a draw!

Hello! I have been participating in your nfl pool and boy do I love it. I have unfortunately made a big mistake in Week 4 by picking a team in which I picked already in Week 1 (Colts). I just realized now and tried to change my week 1 post to cheat, but I highly respect what your doing. I would be honored if you let me to continue and participate, but will understand if you do not let me.

My week 5 pick would have been the Panthers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Week 1: Houston Texans

Week 2: Baltimore Ravens

Week 3: Seattle Seahawks

Week 4: Indianapolis Colts

Week 5: Atlanta Falcons

I'm stupidly not going to use the Bye this week, and as much as I would love to take the Rams, I just can't do it.

Week 1: Indianapolis Colts
Week 3: New England Patriots

Week 4: New Orleans Saints

Week 1: Indianapolis Colts

Week 3: Seattle Seahawks

Week 4: Denver Broncos

A lot of unpredictability in this week's games. I also see no one touched tonight's Browns/Bills game. Good choice.

Seems the big choices this week are Atlanta and St. Louis. Here's hoping for the upsets :)

A lot of unpredictability in this week's games. I also see no one touched tonight's Browns/Bills game. Good choice.

Seems the big choices this week are Atlanta and St. Louis. Here's hoping for the upsets :)
I'd love to pick Cleveland, show my faith and all, but I have this superstition about picking them... it never ends well. So therefore I don't.

I missed Lacitrev's pick in week 4. Thank you for pointing it out. He did post Kansas City on Wednesday the 25th. A Day before the pool closed on the 26th.

I will update week 4 results and add him to this weeks pool.

In the future, if a players has a similar issue, please post in the pool AND send me a message. if I hadn't seen Lacitrev's post I may not have caught my mistake until it was too late.

Hello! I have been participating in your nfl pool and boy do I love it. I have unfortunately made a big mistake in Week 4 by picking a team in which I picked already in Week 1 (Colts). I just realized now and tried to change my week 1 post to cheat, but I highly respect what your doing. I would be honored if you let me to continue and participate, but will understand if you do not let me. My week 5 pick would have been the Pan
Is this person still in the contest?

Is this person still in the contest?

I don't know.... hoping for an answer soon. It's a good thing I pointed this out now because I did not want to go far cheating you know?

Hello! I have been participating in your nfl pool and boy do I love it. I have unfortunately made a big mistake in Week 4 by picking a team in which I picked already in Week 1 (Colts). I just realized now and tried to change my week 1 post to cheat, but I highly respect what your doing. I would be honored if you let me to continue and participate, but will understand if you do not let me. My week 5 pick would have been the Panthers.
I missed this in the pool and also missed this the other day.

If I catch someone using the same pick twice, I usually let them know if I catch it before the pool closes. If the pool is closed, and it's too late to change, and they still have the BYE, I force change their duplicate pick to a BYE.

In this case, I will change your week 4 pick to the BYE and you are still eligible for week 5.

I do appreciate you coming forward and pointing out your mistake D3Mon1chart. With such short weeks and a couple hundred players, I don't necessarily scrutinize all the picks as well as I should. As we get down to 40 players and less and accrue more weeks, I put everything down in a spreadsheet and check more regularly.

If you had not come forward, and you had gone deep into the season, your double pick would have been caught. Then, when I went back to check your picks, I would have seen by the edit dates that you changed a week retroactively. In that case, I would have been forced to eject you for cheating. But you came forward and admitted your mistake, and you still had your BYE, so I have no problem keeping you in the pool.

5 days ago the Jaguars were like if we've got anything, we've got tackles. Now they've got zero tackles. It is truly raining shit on Jacksonville.

Well, unless the Chargers pull off a miracle in the 4th, it would seem I'm officially out.  If that's the case, then good luck to those that survived.

The Jets aren't a bad team, they still have a pretty good defense. Good thing Sanchez got hurt, or they would probably be going winless this year.

bread's done
Back