The all New List of Xbox Platinum Hits - Updated as of 8/3

Awesome... Time to Pick up Battlefront. As soon as the price drop hits I'll pick it up in original case for the PH price. I love it when that happens. :)

Yes. Target, $19.99, Best Buy $19.99, EB $19.99, GameStop $19.99, Game Crazy $19.99...Where are you looking Suncoast? Sam Goody? Tower Records?

[quote name='radjago']Star Wars Battlefront is PH and dropped to $19.99 now, so you can add it.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed, put the copies with the PH packaging in the case last night.

[quote name='radjago']Star Wars Battlefront is PH and dropped to $19.99 now, so you can add it.[/QUOTE]

I PM'ed this a week ago, but I guess he ignored it.

[quote name='road3283']Just got an email from Vivendi Universal that mentioned Chronicles of Riddick is going platinum hits Oct 11.[/QUOTE]

That's cool. It's definitely a good game. I'm still stymied why Baldur's Gate II, Star Wars: Jedi Knight and Jedi Academy aren't PH titles by now.

[quote name='spideymike']That's cool. It's definitely a good game. I'm still stymied why Baldur's Gate II, Star Wars: Jedi Knight and Jedi Academy aren't PH titles by now.[/QUOTE]

Because they each had limited print runs and sold horribly. I guess they don't want to waste more money reprinting more discs.

Does anyone know of a link that calculates the best-selling Xbox games? I can't believe that titles like Baldur's Gate II aren't being made in PH titles while something like Blinx can be. Just weird.

Sonic Mega Collectin is now a PH game, both bundled with Super Monkey Ball Deluxe, and not. I want that bundled version, but haven't found it yet. There's also an SMB/Sonic Heroes PH bundle.

PH titles that need to be added to the list:

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Def Jam Fight for NY
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Greg Hastings' Tournament Paintball
Need for Speed Underground 2
Mechassault 2: Lone Wolf
Mortal Kombat: Deception
MVP Baseball 2005
MX vs ATV Unleashed
Shrek 2 & Shark's Tale 2-pack
Sonic Heroes / Super Monkey Ball Deluxe 2-pack
Sonic Mega Collection
Sonic Mega Collection / Super Monkey Ball Deluxe 2-pack
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2
Tony Hawk's Underground 2

[quote name='supermariomelee']Just got a newsletter from Lucasarts saying that Star Wars Episode III:ROTS & Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 have gone PH.[/QUOTE]

Saw KOTOR2 shown as being PH in this weeks Best Buy ad and sure enough, saw it (and bought it) as a PH title at one of my local stores back on Monday. I had been waiting ages for it go PH so I could get it on one of these 2 for $30 deals. Kinda nice the week it came out coincided with one. :)

[quote name='Nogib']Saw KOTOR2 shown as being PH in this weeks Best Buy ad and sure enough, saw it (and bought it) as a PH title at one of my local stores back on Monday. I had been waiting ages for it go PH so I could get it on one of these 2 for $30 deals. Kinda nice the week it came out coincided with one. :)[/QUOTE]
That same ad had Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory shown as PH as well. It was only a matter of time since the price dropped on that game.

Microsoft just put the Best of Platinum Hits up on their site. These games are $9.99 and have a different "Best of Platinum Hits" logo.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/platinumhits/bestof.htm

* Counter-Strike
* The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
* Fuzion Frenzy
* MechAssault
* Project Gotham Racing 2
* Soul Calibur II
* Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
* Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
* Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3
* Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
* Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

[quote name='Scorch']I saw a PH copy of Wrestlemania 21. I had to do a double take. I couldn't believe it.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: So obviously there isn't a minimum requirement of copies sold to qualify for platinum hits...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']:rofl: So obviously there isn't a minimum requirement of copies sold to qualify for platinum hits...[/QUOTE]

oh no, there are.. i'm sure WM21 sold 400,000 units..

..it's just that 395,000 of those were either destroyed, traded in, or returned to THQ (I returned mine to THQ and they sent me a free copy of Destroy All Humans.. THQ is awesome)

I haven't seen WM 21 as a PH, and I shudder to think of that blue-heavy cover surrounded by silver. I'm hoping against hope the PH version actually fixes bugs.

I updated the list on the Wiki with a few new games I found while shopping around.

Black
Burnout Revenge
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
Lego Star Wars

I thought I might have seen a PH Star Wars: Republic Commando too, but I can't remember for sure.

Any others you've seen?

I knew there was more.

Need for Speed Most Wanted
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One SE
Star Wars: Republic Commando
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

There weren't that many games added since it was last updated. The only ones I've seen are Def Jam: Fight for NY, Halo 2, Lego Star Wars 2, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, and NBA Ballers.

bread's done
Back